seventy-six.

The small lifeboat had touched land, the four girls making their way to sit in the sand as the four  boys insisted on bringing the boat in. During the boat ride Tyler and Pope had struck up good conversation, Pope giving the boy a decent explanation of what exactly had happened for all of this to begin. John B had realized that maybe...just maybe could get along with the boy, he didn't seem all too bad  when you got him talking.  He had also saved June quite a few times, something he would be eternally grateful for.

JJ had spent the entire boat ride gripping June's hand, unable to let go as he thought of how much he never wanted to die if it meant never getting to see her again. He contemplated big things following his near death, and he finally got his priorities straight, June being his number one. He had a plan when he got to shore, his nerves starting to wrack him as they finally got the boat pulled safely away.

His head turned, his eyes catching sight of the beyond beautiful June March, the girl of his dreams, her dark hair cascading down her shoulders and drying against her skin. She had pulled her shirt off, something that JJ definitely didn't mind, but also did because this Tyler guy was here. Her head was thrown back as she supported herself with her arms behind her, and a smile was present on her face as she soaked in the sun. He once again believed that she was perfect.

"Good job guys!" Sarah called from the shore, all of them turning to look at her cheers.

"Yeah good job boys!" June agreed, her eyes opening as she lifted her head. JJ whirled around to see her, the boy slightly stumbling as he did so, his fingers going to the side of his head where he had been hit as a wave of dizziness and nausea hit him.

"JJ you alright there buddy?" John B asked as they walked towards the girls, his eyes filled with concern for his friend.

"Yeah. Still a little dizzy." He said, his attention already glued to the girl that he was going to sit by. She shifted, her eyes falling on him and making the breath fall from his lungs, absolutely breathtaking. She sat up, holding out a hand for him. He gladly took it, the girl pulling his hand so that he was sitting right by her, a smile on her face as she messed with his hair.

"Okay anybody know where we're at?" JJ asked, running his thumb over the back of June's had as he squinted his eyes from the sun.

"Deserted beach. Unknown island." Pope answered, the boy going to sit down himself.

"Alright I'll take that as a no. Plan A huh Pope? That went well." JJ said, looking out at the water as the wind pushed his hair.

"This is the lowest we can go. We literally having nothing else to lose. The cross, gone." Pope said, gesturing towards the water where the Coastal Venture had been.

"The gold, gone." Sarah interjected, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the sand. JJ stood from his spot, disconnecting from June and leaning against a tree. He pulled his knife out, sticking it into the side of the tree and speaking again.

"Seriously if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, I'd say we're at a dollar fifty."  JJ said, putting his hand on his hip. June nodded at that, her eyes tracing over the boy that she loved so dearly, the girl biting the inside of her cheek as she tried to keep a grin off her lips, considering the somber moment they were having.

"That's more than I got on me." Kie said, turning to look at JJ.

"That somehow doesn't make me feel better." Sarah sighed, shaking her head.