seventeen.

"How much time do we have?" Sarah asked as the turned the corner.

"Not much." John B said, his hand gripping the wheel. June pointed between them, her eyes widening as they all spotted the cops.

"Shit cops. Should I peel?"

"No. Just play dumb." Sarah said, her hand pressed against her stomach.

"Alright I got this." John B reassured them all, mostly himself. John B stopped the car, the officer coming to the window.

"Roads closed." The officer said, looking at the three in the car.

"What happened?"

"Robbery. There was a shoot out. Now move along." The officer said, waving them off.
June's heart sank, her eyes catching onto the large boxes of what she already knew contained gold, immediately making her shake her head.

"Well is everybody okay?"

"Move on!" The officer said one more time, walking away from the car.

"John B.... We lost the gold." Sarah said, both of them looking down in disappointment as they looked at the police who were loading the boxes into the back of a cop car.

"Shit. I'm sorry guys." John B said, looking up at the officer again.  "Sarah..."

"Go! Go. Go !" Sarah yelled, the officer calling after them as he reached for his gun. John B stomped on the gas, pulling them out of the road and into an alleyway. June kept her eyes on the  cops behind them, the girl yelling at him to go faster. He swerved through traffic, turning them down another alleyway, away from the main road.

"Did they follow us?"

"No they went the other way!" Sarah answered, her eyes stuck tot he back window. People shouted at them from outside of the car as John B swerved to avoid people, turning his head so he could look back to see them.

"I almost hit that person!" John B said, the car immediately making contact with a person as soon as he said it. The car came to a dead stop, all three of them breathing heavily as they tried to find something to say.

"You just hit a person." Sarah said, her eyes wide as John B sat in shock. "Go help them!" John B hurried out, running over to the person and helping them up. June's eyes widened when she realized it was Cleo. He helped her into the car, Cleo  smiling as she looked at Sarah in the front seat.

"Hey! How'd you make it through girl?!" Cleo yelled, looking at Sarah with excitement in her eyes .

"Are you okay?"

"Just a scrape, you know? I went up and over! Been through worse." Cleo said, punching June in the shoulder.

"We should get outta her now." Sarah said, John B nodding and taking off.

"What happened back there? We went to the playboy and that place was hot! Cops were everywhere!" John B said, looking to Cleo for a moment.

"We were waiting for you guys to show up , and the coppers came. They came form every direction. I jumped overboard."

"Okay well what about Terrance and Stubbs?"