fifty-one.

The bonfire, an Outer Banks tradition.  The ride over was spent with June and John B arguing about her bad luck with beer, JJ telling them that all they needed was some more drinks, and Pope and Kie talking about Kies parents.  When the van pulled in June was quick to get out, excitement on her features as she looked around at all the people that she had almost forgotten about. The possibility of a normal night of partying and forgetting all her problems was beyond alluring, June making a beeline to the keg to get some more beer.

After collecting four cups she walked back over to JJ, the Maybank boy pushing John B towards a girl that June didn't know, a smile on his face as he held out a beer to the brunette. John B hit him in the stomach, JJ leaning over as he scrambled away, June's eyebrows furrowing as she watched what John B was doing, talking to this random girl.

JJ caught sight of his girlfriend, a smile crossing his lips as he skipped over, pressing a massive kiss to her mouth , earning a smile from the girl. Her eyes were quick to return back to John B as she handed JJ one of the four cups, the boy thanking her profusely.

"JJ, what's John B doing?" June asked, JJ placing his hands on June's hips, the girl downing one of her cups and setting it down on the edge of the fire. She looked around, spotting Sarah from a mile away, attached to Topper.

"Huh John B? Oh he's just talking." June clicked her tongue at his response, her eyes narrowing ad JJ sipped at his drink, the boy using his hands to sway her hips. Finally it clicked, June's lip curling up in disgust as she looked at JJ again.

"God they just broke up. Are they both pretending that they're over it already?" June asked, the blonde taking his eyes over her face, a small smile appearing on his lips as he started to turn her a little bit to the music.

"How about you and me..." JJ pulled her closer, his arms wrapping around her waist as he did so, June's breath stopping momentarily as she felt her stomach explode with butterflies. "...let them figure their shit out themselves, and we just enjoy that our shit is figured out now. Let's have a good time." JJ said, pulling back from the embrace and grabbing her cheek with one hand, his fingers knitting into her hair. He gave her the softest eyes he could possibly muster, June letting out a sigh as she nodded, the blonde being almost impossible to say no to.

"That's what I like to hear baby. Now drink your drink." JJ said, grabbing a cup from her hands and raising it to her lips. June smiled, opening her mouth as he poured the warm liquid down her throat, June feeling her chest warm as she swallowed, JJ giving her a proud look and a raised eyebrow.

"Shall we dance?" June asked, holding her hand out to the blonde boy and watching as he smiled down at it.

"Aw, I thought you'd never ask." JJ said, pressing a hand theatrically over his chest, his other hand gripping hers. She laughed, pulling him away towards the middle of the party. JJs hands dropped to her hips again, his fingers gripping her through the fabric, June giggling at the feeling. She wrapped her arms around his neck, JJ and June swaying to the music, the two of them just enjoying each other's presence, and the fact that they were at a party together, like normal people.

The blonde spun her, pulling her bakc and wrapping his arms around her waist from the back,  burying his head into her neck as she laughed. He pressed a kiss to the tender skin of her neck, and then to the side of her head, spinning her back out and  then letting go of her  hands.

"June I'm gonna show you how to break dance!" JJ yelled, the boy bending over and starting to dance terribly to the music, a goofy smile on his face and a hilarious laugh on his lips. June pushed him, the boy falling right over, his face hitting the dirt.