COMPLICATED ↳ JJ MAYBANK | 2

By beepeddie

June March is gone More

( complicated. )
Update
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-eight.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.
seventy-five.
seventy-six.
seventy-seven.
epilogue.
bonus chapter pt. 1
bonus chapter pt. 2
bonus chapter pt.3
bonus chapter pt. 4

forty-eight.

7.7K 208 127
By beepeddie

Sarah had in fact come back, and not only did she come back, she had broken up with John B and left. Shock had been all that June could feel when John B had told her and JJ, her eyes wide and mouth dropped open. JJ had petitioned to get some beers, Kie offering to go with and June opting to stay back with Pope and John B.

Now the three of them were laying on the HMS Pogue,  June laid between Pope and John B, all of them looking up at the sky. John B was the first one to break the silence.

"I don't get it. I don't." John B said, June and Pope keeping their eyes on the sky. Her heart went out to John B, him and Sarah had fallen for each other about as fast as her and JJ had, and she knew how much losing that love hurt. 

"Love is five minutes of pleasure fora lifetime of pain." It was then that June remembered Pope and Kie had been together, but clearly those things hadn't worked out. June sighed from between them, both of the boys giving her a side eye as she kept her mouth shut.

"Yeah don't even think about saying anything Ms. I'm-in-a-happy-relationships." Pope said, shaking his head as he looked back up at the sky.

"So okay...you and Kie. What's going on? Talk to me." John B said, sitting up. June shot you beside him, pointing at herself.

"Talk to us." She said, punching John B in the chest as she gave Pope a  supportive smile. The Heyward boy sniffled, sitting up as John B rubbed the spot on his chest.

"Um...well. She just wants to be friends." Pope revealed, June grimacing as John B let out a sigh.

"Death blow." The boy said, looking out at the water with a disappointed look.

"Shit." June said, pulling her knees to her chest as she say all the way up.

"I'm sorry man." John B said, patting Pope on the shoulder.

"I...I didn't even see it coming."  Pope said, his voice thick as they all looked out at the water. June felt bad, getting a peak inside the heartache that everyone was facing. She felt bad for not taking the time to check on the  others during the midst of her shit storm. She dropped her hand onto Popes knee, giving him a small smile as she heard feet pounding on the wood above them.

"Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato!" JJs voice was a breath of fresh air to the tense conversation they were just having, the blonde throwing a beer towards the boat. It hit June in the forehead on the way down, the girl falling back and off the side of the Pogue.

"Impressive catch!" Kie yelled, all of them holding back laughs as June came out of the water, pure anger on her face.

"Are you fucking kidding? Really you asshole?!" June said, her hand pressed to her head as John B and Pope pulled her out of the water and back onto the Pogue.

"Aw I'm sorry baby. You gotta be more prepared when hot potato comes out." JJ said from the  dock, shrugging as he held the beers in his hands. June grit her teeth but dropped it for now, smiling and letting the others know it was okay to laugh as she pressed a hand to her forehead. She flipped the blonde off as he spoke, the boy returning the favor.

"What are you guys doing down here? Having a good cry?" JJ asked, throwing John B another beer before looking between the three of them. He blew June a kiss, the girl pretending to catch it, throwing it on the ground and stomping on it.

"Cry?" Pope said, giving John B a look.

"Cry? What are you talking about—we don't cry." John B said, June nodding her head from behind the two boys, letting the Carrera girl and the Maybank boy know that they were in fact having a good cry.

"You know its not your fault right?" Kie said, taking a hit of the joint in her hand as she looked at John B.

"You think she'll come around?" John B asked, June dropping s hand on his shoulder as she used him to get onto the dock.

"Yeah dude. She's one of us." Kie said, JJ looking up in agreement as they all realized something at the same time.

"Hmm. Sarah's a Pogue. She'll come around. Yep. You know, she'll come back to me. Right. You know, I was just thinking about it. I'm gonna do a backflip." John B slurred, pointing towards the water. The small group erupted into doubtful words, John B walking to the edge.

"Heard you wouldn't! I got money Kie." June said, reaching into her back pocket, realizing that when she had fallen into the water her money had gotten wet.

"Hold my beer that you already dropped and knocked her out with." John B said, handing his beer to the girl in question as he stepped to the edge. He jumped off, all of them shouting in excitement as he completed a full flip into the water..

"Yeah! That's my boy!" JJ yelled, pulling just to his side as the beer sloshed against her already wet skin. They all continued to cheer, John B yelling from the water.

"Woogity-woogity baby!" June furrowed her eyebrows at the phrase she had heard a number of times now, finally wondering what it meant.

"What's that mean?" She whispered to JJ, the blonde looking down at her briefly before looking back out at John B and Pope, confusion on his own face.

"I don't know. It's just a Pogue thing." JJ said, taking a sip of his beer. June grabbed one from his other hand, cracking it open and starting to chug it, the other teens noticing the action and chanting her name as she drank it. Finally she downed it, holding it up in the air and letting out a triumphant yell as she did so.

"There you go June! Here's another one!" Kie said, handing the girl another beer. This trend continued for awhile, the teens getting trashed and heading towards the Chateau. Kie and June had abandoned the boys, the three drunk teenagers going on a manhunt for the two girls who were skillfully hidden, the idea coming from June and supported by Kie.

"They're never gonna find us." June said, laying down on the floor of the van, Kie laying down already and letting out a sigh.

"They'll be looking forever." Kie laughed out, the girl high and having mixed that high with beer, making her pretty out of it. The two girls laughed for a few minutes as they heard the three boys stumble by, talking about splitting up and looking for them. When they had passed, June turned her head, looking at the Carrera girl as she looked up at the ceiling.

"How's things with Pope?" She spit out, watching as Kies face contorted into one of disappointment. Kie ran a hand over her face, letting out a sigh before turning on her side so that she was looking at June, her hands under her head as June turned too, the two of them facing each other.

"Things were good, I really liked him. Or I thought I liked him. I don't know. After we...you know, something changed, I just thought it would feel better than it did. Not the actual sex, it was good. But the vibes. But they weren't there. I just felt awkward. When you and JJ...got together, how did it feel after?" Kie asked, her eyes boring into June's, the March girl letting out a breath as she recalled the night of Midsummers.  The start of JJ and June.

"When JJ and I got together it was just...it felt right. Like it was meant to happen all along.  That's why I wanted to wipe the slate clean, that's why I didn't tel him about me and Rafe.  I didn't want him to think  less of me. It wa-"

"Wait what? You and Rafe...slept together?" Kie asked, sitting up slightly as she furrowed her eyebrows. June let out a groan as she realizes Kie didn't know, the March girl running a hand over her face as she sat up on her elbows to meet Kies eye level. Just as she was about to open her mouth Kie spoke again, a understanding look on her face. "You don't have to tell me right now if you don't want to. I know you and me aren't really close but I'd like to change that.  I just...mesh better with boys yknow?"

June was taken aback by Kies words, a smile crossing her lips as she leaned forwards, pulling Kiara into a hug.

"I wanna be close too. You don't even know how much I've needed a girl friend. John B is nice and all, but he doesn't get everything." June said into Kies hair, the Carrera girl returning the hug and smiling as she nodded. "Do you really think Sarah will come back?"

"Oh yeah, she's a Pogue. Just like you." Hearing this from Kie was soemthing that June didn't know she needed, but once the words fell off her tongue June felt truly accepted. In the past Kie had been the one who called June out for being a kook, something that made June feel like there was a division, that they couldn't truly be a full group. But finally it was like a breath of fresh air as she was welcomed with open arms. The sweet moment was interrupted by own John B, the boy lifting his shirt up and pressing his stomach against the glass of the van window.

"Gross go away!" June shouted, throwing an empty beer van at the window as Kie laughed. The boy in question ripped the door open, grabbing at their ankles and pulling, JJ and Pope running to his aid as he pulled them out onto the ground.

"Sorry to interrupt your make out session girls but the game of hide and seek is over!" John B said, grabbing June from the ground and throwing her over his shoulder, JJ grabbing Kie and trying to do the same, but getting punched so hard that he fell to the ground.  June screamed as she was carried into the Chateau, her screamed geared towards her boyfriend who was part of the small pack that was running to catch up to the two.

"Put me down you fucking Sasquatch!" June yelled, her laugh escaping her lips as she bounced against John and shoulder. His arm was fastening tightly around her waist, a chuckle coming from his throat as he pushed the door open.

"Sorry Juneypoo, but it's bed time." John B said, dropping her onto the bed  and then pulling the covers over her. He tucked her in, June pretending to be passed out as he continued to cover her with blankets. "Goodnight dear!" The brunette boy said in a high pitched voice, pressing a sloppy kiss to her forehead and giving her finger guns from the door.

"Shhh! JJ the baby is sleeping!" John B said, watching as JJ pushed through the doorway to get to June, the drunk blonde stopping in the door and apologizing profusely as June fought back a grin, her eyes squeezed shut.

"I'm so sorry Carly. Sleep well. I will see you in the morrow." JJ said first in a baby voice, and then second in a British accent. Another set of feet stumbled into the room, a sigh of content coming from Pope.

"Putting our little baby kook to sleep. So adorable." Pope said, the laugh bubbling in June's throat as the three teenage boys cooed at her from the doorway. She heard the door close moments later, the girl opening her eyes and staring up at the ceiling as a sense of happiness burned in her chest. This was all she had ever wanted.

Sleep soon overtook her and June slept more peacefully than she had in awhile, the booze definitely contributing to the quality of the slumber.

__________

This chapter made me happy to write. It was so cute. I love June's dynamic with everyone. I love her and John B. I love her and JJ. I love them all. I love all of you. I love everything.

Tell me why you think!! Also we're almost at the bonfire so be excited for that drama 🥱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5K 74
10.6K 116 33
𝐷𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑙𝑎ℎ 𝐸𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑠. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑂𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑘𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑎�...
11.3K 46 10
jj maybank and rafe cameron imagines
50K 722 51
discontinued "We're the Pogue's and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time." fem oc x jj maybank SEASON 1 started: 08/02/21 ...