COMPLICATED ↳ JJ MAYBANK | 2

By beepeddie

June March is gone More

( complicated. )
Update
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-eight.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.
seventy-five.
seventy-six.
seventy-seven.
epilogue.
bonus chapter pt. 1
bonus chapter pt. 2
bonus chapter pt.3
bonus chapter pt. 4

eight.

11.3K 275 212
By beepeddie

June's feet hit the ground at lightning speed, her calves burning as  she pulled Tyler behind a bush. She fell against it, her breath heaving as she tried to  think of what to do. She leaned against a brick wall, her eyes closing as Tyler caught his breath beside her. It was night now, the moon shining down on the two of them and illuminating their faces enough for each other to  see. It had been about two hours since someone on shore had spotted them, shirting the wild goose chase from John B and Sarah, to Tyler and June.

"Hey you okay?" Tyler asked, reaching out and tapping her shoulder as she continued to try and calm down.

"Yeah I'm fine. Fuck. Don't touch me right now. I cant fucking breathe dude." June cried, her chest feeling like it might just cave in if she didn't sit down. She stumbled towards the wall, leaning her body against the concrete and trying not to puke. Her fingers found metal and she looked up, her eyes widening as she looked at the plaque in front of her. Cameron.

"You're fucking kidding." June breathed out, a emotionless chuckle leaving her lips as she traced over the letters with her fingers. "Fucking Cameron." She said, pushing herself off the wall and walking towards the gate. The gold was in there.

June's finger gripped the bars of the gate, her breathing finally calming down as she looked into the large yard of the Cameron's Bahamas residence.

"June what are you doing?" Tyler asked, going to stand beside her as she looked through the gate. He lifted his own hands to the bars, looking through with confusion in his eyes. Just as June was about to answer, another voice sounded from behind her, the girl jumping at the sound of it.

"June?!" She immediately turned, her eyes catching those of John B. She pulled her hands off of the bars, running over and jumping into his arms. "God I thought we lost you. I thought that they had caught you." John B cried, his hand going to the back of her head as they hugged.

"Tyler overheard them talking about turning us in. We jumped off the boat.  We've been running for hours." June filled him in, pulling back but keeping her hands on his sides. He looked past her now at Tyler, the brunette staring at the endearing scene, and also feeling a bit of relief at the fact that he had made good on his promise.

"How'd you know that I'd be here?" John B asked, pointing to the house behind them. June finally let go, her hand going up to scratch her neck as she looked at the gate.

"I didn't. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time." She said, pushing her hair behind her ear. "The golds in there."

"I know. Tell your guard dog to wait outside, me and you are going in." John B said, stepping towards the gate. June ignored his snide remark towards Tyler, the girl making her way over to speak to Tyler.

"Me and John B are gonna go in here. Can you keep watch?" She didn't really give him a chance to answer, instead walking away and heading towards the gate.  June had gotten quite good at jumping fences, the girl jumping the  fence in no time and joining John B on the other side. She followed him in silence, the two of them scaling the wall so that they could get inside.

John B opened the door, pressing a finger to his lips, instructing her to be quiet. She nodded, the both of them finally entering the home, John B leaning over the railing as he looked down at the giant glass chandelier.

"Holy shit." He said in awe, both of them noticing how nice and expensive this house was. June walked past him and down the stairs, her heading turning every which way to check and make sure no one was there with them. She walked into the main room, her eyes immediately falling on the giant scrape marks on the floor. She walked towards the enormous safe, her fingers brushing over the metal as she waited for John B to join her.

"The golds gotta be in there."
June whispered, her hand pressing fully against the door now. John B smiled, his hands attaching to the handle. He pulled it slowly, trying to get the door open but failing miserably. He pulled it over and over again, his teeth gritting as he realized it was locked.

"Goddamn it!" He screamed, punching the safe. June launched forwards, grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

"Hey! Calm down! We're gonna figure it out okay?! Sarah is his daughter. She's gotta know some kind of combination. Where-where is Sarah?" June tried to calm him down, her hands dropping from his arms as he looked back at the safe.

"Sarah is at the hotel. You're right. Shit! Of course there's a combination." John B said, lifting his hands to his head and pulling at his hair,

"The hotel? What?" June asked, confusion clouding her features as she looked at him.

"Yeah we-we we're crashing on the roof of a hotel. We stole the- hey! I told the Pogues we were alive. They know we made it." John B informed her, knowing that that was something she would want to know. She immediately thought of JJ, wondering if he was happy that she was alive.

"Did JJ say anything about me?" June asked, biting her lip as she thought of the blonde. John B shook his head though, feeling a pant of regret at how he had scared the other Pogues earlier.

"I'm sure he's just freaking out and happy that you're alive. I told them to clear our names so we can come home." He said, making June nod. Yeah, she did want to go home.

"How long do you think till Ward gets here? You know he won't leave the gold sitting for too long without doing something with it." June asked, running a hand over her face as she thought of  facing Ward. Another thought occurred to her, a chill running down her spine as she thought of the possibility of seeing Rafe again. No, not the possibility, she was almost 100% sure she would.

"I don't know. A day or so... and he'll probably have Rafe with him." June got another chill once again, remembering the night that Rafe had appeared at her house at 3 am. She remembered the way he had held her in place on the tarmac, his arm around her throat and he remembered the look in his eyes, the one that told her what he had done.  She was more afraid of Rafe than Ward.  "We need to head back. I don't want Sarah by herself for too long."

"Yeah yeah. That's fine. Let's go."  June agreed, swallowing the lump in her throat and making her way towards the way they came. The descent didn't take as long, the two soon jumping over the gate, Tyler running over to help the girl down. She pushed him away, dusting herself off as she looked to John B. He gave her a tight smile, all of them heading back towards the 'hotel' to get Sarah.

June and John B caught up on their walk, Tyler trudging silently behind them as he realized he was easily the third wheel. He missed having June to himself. It was morning by the time they made it back to the hotel, June and John B walking towards the door, Tyler catching sight of a certain crew member waiting outside of the hotel.

"Look! The gang is all here. You looking for Sarah? She gone. Am I speaking English? She not in there." The girl said, twirling the knife in her hands as June and John B shared a look of confusion. He took off into the hotel, leaving Tyler and June with the girl.

"Tyler I expected more from you. Jumping ship for a...girl." June was taken aback, her eyes widening as she realized who this was. Cleo, from the ship.

"Hey what'd you do with Sarah?!" June stated to argue, taking a few steps closer to Cleo and giving her a serious look.

"Where is she?! You know what-" John B pushed June aside, grabbing Cleos shoulders and shaking her. He was cut off by the hilt of the knife pressing against his stomach, his eyes going down to look at it.

"Hands off. Ill cut you."

"You better not have hurt her." John B growled, Tyler pulling June back by the shirt.

"She's with the boss man. He's been looking all over town for you. And you." Cleos attention turned to June, the brunette shaking her head as she realized how ridiculous her life was right now. She just wanted a break.

"Tell me where she is or I'll-" Cleo pushed him away by the throat, John B grunting as he quickly turned back to her.

"Hey don't touch him like that!" June argued, trying to get to Cleo but Tyler pulling her back once again. She turned to him, pointing her finger in his face and pushing him back. "Stop touching me. I can handle myself!" Tyler's lips immediately straightened into a thin line, his hands lifting up in surrender as he let her shirt go. He was only trying to protect her.

"Are you two done? We got places to be, bounty's to gather." Cleo interrupted, her eyes flitting between the three people in front of her. June's face scrunched up in disgust, her eyes narrowing as she pushed Tyler one more time, just for good measure.

"Yeah now I'm done. Let's go get Sarah." They got into Cleos truck, John B and Cleo getting in the front, June and Tyler getting in the back. Half of the ride was silent, Tyler refusing to look at June as she tried to catch his eye.

"I'm sorry okay? I know you're just trying to help but...I don't need a guy to protect me." June broke the silence, causing Tyler to turn his head.  He thought on what she said for a moment before nodding, closing his eyes for a second before apologizing.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you getting hurt."

"You don't have to worry about me the way you think you do. I get that we're friends and all but I seriously am okay."  June explained, leaning forwards a bit so that he would listen to her. He nodded again, dropping his chin into his hand and leaning back against the side of the truck. The rest of the ride was silent, the truck stopping at a small shack, June rolling her sleeves up again so she didn't overheat and die. She thought about Zach for a moment, wondering if he was thinking about her, and wondering is he was doing anything. She missed home, and she missed the people back home.

Cleo led them inside, Tyler walking beside her as she held the knife to John Bs back.

"Hey Boss, they're here. I got the girl and Tyler too. Hey, I found your boyfriend." Cleo said as they all entered the porch area. John B ran over to Sarah, the girl immediately standing as he started to try and explain.

"Liar!" She yelled, pushing John B back. June's eyes widened as she realized she was really missing something.

"Hey Sarah." June said awkwardly, sending the girl a short wave before she felt the coolness of Cleos blade press into the side of her neck. "What the fuck."

Another guy entered the room, grabbing John B by the throat and squeezing, John B struggling to get out of his grip.

"I wouldn't provoke him. It tends not to go so well." The Captain entered now, June finally realizing what the scheme here was. They were going to turn them in for the bounty money. "You can run but you can't hide John B. And you...you jumped ship before I even realized. You're slick, no doubt because you had the help of this one."

June grit her teeth at his words, ducking slightly and pushing Cleo back with her leg. The knife sliced a tiny bit of her skin June's hand immediately flying up to grab it as she looked at Cleo.

"That was not smart, I cut you." Cleo said, a devilish smile on her lips as she looked at her knife. She was no longer holding June though, which had been the whole reason she had even attempted to push her in the first place.

"Took you long enough." The Captain said to Cleo, the girls face scrunching up in disgust as she wipes the blood from her knife.

"Next time get him yourself."

"After all our hospitality, you guys left without saying goodbye." The Captain said, raising his eyebrow as he looked at John B who was rubbing his neck.

"Let us go!" Sarah spoke up, her friends looking up at her. She walked over to June, noticing the blood that was starting to trickle down her fingers.

"I got 100,000 reasons why that ain't gonna happen."

"They didn't do anything." Sarah defended.

"Maybe he did. Maybe she didn't. Maybe they both did nothing. I don't care. We let the courts decide." Cleo laughed at the captains words, none of them noticing as Tyler started to inch out of the room. He needed some air, air not filled by the voices or a bunch of people he didn't like.

"Take the both of them to the proper authorities." The two teens were instantly yanked up, John B by his back pack, June by the hood of her sweatshirt.

"Hey what are you talking about?! Hey no, no. Listen, Listen...I can pay you. I can pay you." John B started frantically, June looking over as his words made her eyes widen.

"You got 100k in your back pocket? If not bye bye."

John B pulled off his backpack, the big boy grabbing it as he did so. Sarah ripped it from his hands, unzipping the zipper and reaching inside as they all watched on. June put her hands to her head, turning on her heel as she figured there was no wya she could watch their only money get handed away. That was their ticket home.

"What is that?"

"What's it look like?" Sarah quipped, June throwing her head back in exasperation as she tried to control her breathing. She was beyond pissed, and no longer able to handle being in the room with all these people.

"Give it to me." The Captain said, June assuming that she did because the next time she spoke she answered with a price.

"143 thousand reasons to let us go. More than the bounty."

"I'll tell you what. That is your rescue fee, but I want my bounty too." June whipped around at his words, John B immediately starting to speak.

"No no! Terrance! Terrance! Terrance!"

"That's not fair! It's not fair." June yelled out, Stubbs pulling her back by her collar again.

"Just one! That's just one. Hey! There's more!" Stubbs stopped, both of them looking to Captain T. "We went to Paradise Island, to her family's house. There is hundreds of millions of dollars of gold in there. It is an empty, undefended house. She has the entry codes." June let out a deep sigh, watching as he washed all their chances down the drain. Everything they worked for, hat Sheriff Peterkin died for, getting given away.

"Girlie is this true?"

"It's my family's house. The golds there. And I can get you to it."

_____________

Who do we want to follow in the next chapter? June, JJ, Adam, or Zach?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 0 17
season 2 and 3 of obx
385K 2.4K 30
jj maybank one shots!
95.2K 676 177
Outerbanks couples oneshots/sickfics