An Eventful Internship

By Captain_Kitler

Sooooooo I'm really sorry but May is dead, much like everyone else in Peter's family. In this he used to have... More

What Truly Happens Behind Closed Doors | 01
The Start Of An Eventful Field Trip | 02
Impressing A Genius... | 03
...Or Two | 04
Non-Linear Equations | 05
Grab A Box Of Tissues | 06
Mr. Angel | 07
A Good First Day At SI | 08
Dinner With The Avengers | 09
420 Whatcha Smokin'? | 10
Sick Day... | 11
Bad Day | 13
Happy Birthday To Me... | 14
Harley Stark...? | 15
A Kiss, Love and Widow Bites | 16
He Kissed You?! | 17
Skipping Class | 18
Finding Out | 19
Little Sister | 20
I'm Sorry | 21
It's Nothing | 22
How Did We Not Know? | 23
Expelled | 24
New Home | 25
Park | 26
New Friends | 27
A First Day At School | 28
Oh I Got Expelled | 29
An Unexpected Guest | 30
Mission | 31
Mission II | 32
Dead | 33
Arc Reactor | 34
Explanation | 35
Scars | 36
Kidnapped... Not Really | 37
Bird Buddy | 38
Buckaroo | 39
School already...? | 40
A/N Face Reveal Cuz Why Not?
The Inevitable Bitchy Teacher | 41
Autism Awareness | 42
Are You High? | 43
Yeet I Go | 44
Yup Just A Super Soldier... | 45
Nightmares And Plums | 46
Just Boring Sh-tuff | 47
Illegal Adoption | 48
Peter... What The Fuck? | 49
What A Bitch | 50
I Got Struck By Lightning... | 51
WHAT THE HELL?! | 52
You're Spider-Boy? | 53
Christmas Eve | 54
Not Allowed In The McDonald's Ball Pit | 55
Uncle Mark... | 56
Lucifer | 57
Mazikeen | 58
Home | 59
Oh I Was Shot... | 60
Baseball Game | 61
I LOOK LIKE A MINECRAFT VILLAGER | 62
Nine Nine! | Part One | 63
Nine Nine! | Part Two | 64
Nine Nine! | Part Three | 65
Bucky's Therapy Session | 66
Tattoos Are Cool! | 67
Czech Dudes And Guitars | 68
You Guys Know Each Other? | 69 😏
Eating Disorders and Never Have I Ever | 70
I Guess I'm Alexander Hamilton | 71
Happy Meal | 72
Yelena | 73
Cap's Gay | 74
School Is Boring And I Like Muffins | 75
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part One | 76
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part Two | 77
The Legends Of Tomorrow | Part Three | 78
Bye Maise... Or Was It Maeve? | 79
Cats
New Home... Again | 80
I'm Not Dead | 81
School... Fuckin' School | 82
Going To School And Bucky's A Baker | 83
More Muffins and Not Baguettes | 84
Ohhhh Bo | 85
Gay Dad #1's Birthday | 86
Demigods Smoke Weed Too | 87
...So Does Apollo | 88
I Hate People That Work At The Bank... i wOrK at ThE BAnK | 89
PPPS To The Rescue | 90
School? Early?! BEGONE IMPOSTER! | 91
School, Lost Girls and Happy Meals | 92
Batfam Crossover Cuz Why Not? | 93

Parent Day | 12

7.7K 225 223
By Captain_Kitler

August 2nd

Now I think you can sense the irony of this title because I don't have parents nor a family even. But yet my school still has parents day today, normally I wouldn't give a shit but the fact that it's on this specific day changes everything.

You see today just happens to be the anniversary of my siblings death, the day my father killed them. Yeah this day isn't exactly coming off to a good start and it's only gonna get worse.

I would skip out today but Carl got a call from the school saying I haven't been attending and well he didn't like that very much. So I ended up in worse condition than the first time you and I met, yeah the baseball bat with nails incident. So yeah it was pretty bad, I couldn't leave my bed for three days and my body almost shut down, it was horrible.

But now I'm as good as new! Yay! Hint the lack of enthusiasm!

Now I have no other choice than to go to school, even though it's a day I'd normally skip out on. In fact everyone at school calls it my dark day like some kinda horror movie. It's like Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls, clearly the person who started the rumour really likes the tv show.

Anyway here I am making my way to school, very slowly might I had, both purposely and because I've got to cracked ribs and it hurts to fucking breathe.

Not long later I arrive at the torture method they call school, I'm only 7 minutes late. Home room isn't even over yet.

I get to my class and immediately people start murmuring to one another because as I said before. Everyone thinks it's my dark day.

Everyone's parents were there too and they were telling their parents about me, to be honest it's kinda amusing.

I take my seat at the back corner as usual and eventually people's attention is averted away from me.

"Parker, your parents not here today?" The home room teacher who's also my History teacher ask.

"Nope" I say with a shrug.

"Are they working?" He asks, he's a new teacher and he's quite decent, I'm not gonna snap at him like I would've to the other teacher who I punched.

"I don't have parents teach" I say and the classroom goes silent and everyone sends me pitiful looks.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up" he says guiltily.

"Oh no it's fine teach, it doesn't bother me all that much anymore" I say reassuringly.

"Well come on class, let's make our way to the assembly hall where each of you can show your parents your projects you've been working on" the teacher says and the sound of chairs being scraped across the ground fills the room as everyone files out.

I follow behind everyone else, it's not like I have anything to show anyone so when we get there I just sit at the side.

The worst thing about parent day it that it lasts the whole freaking day. We spend half the day in the assembly hall and the other half in our normal classes but our parents get to see us work.

Eventually the first half of the day is over and we get to go to our normal classes.

"Ha! Lewis has two dads!" I hear a kid say mockingly.

"Oh shut the fuck up" I say, I'm not letting that shit happen.

"So what? It's the 21st century, who cares if he has two dads?" I say with a scoff and he makes a face of disgust.

"It's wrong, not to mention disgusting" he replies with a sneer.

"If you feel that way I genuinely feel sorry for you because how can someone be so narrow minded that they can't even see what really matters" I say with genuine disappointment.

"What matters is that he's probably gonna turn out to be some faggot" he says.

"No what matters is that he has two parents the love him, and I swear to god if you say that word one more time I'm gonna drive your head through a fucking wall" I say angrily, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"Why? You gay like them?" He sneers and I smirk.

"Yup" I grin but he can see the fury in my eyes.

He just bites back on his words and turns away not wanting to push my limits.

"Sorry bout that, don't worry bout him he's an asshole" I say to Lewis and his parents.

"Thanks Peter" he smiles.

"Just lookin out for my fellow gays" I smirk with a wink and turn back around.

"Damn I wish I was that much of a confident gay when I was a kid" one of his parents say.

The bell rings for my next class, it doesn't have my fellow gays in it this time, though it does have a teacher I hate. With a passion.

Eventually the school day comes to an end and I'm most definitely not in a good mood.

I go to my locker and take out my board then make my way out the school.

I have my internship today at 4 so I have a little time, normally I'd go home but today I have somewhere to visit.

That place happens to be the graveyard, on my way there I pick up some flowers like always.

When I find myself in front of the two familiar graves, I kneel down.

I look at the gravestones in front of me and take a shuddering breath.

Chiseled in stone are the words;

Thomas Alexander Parker

2009 - 2011

An angel to whoever had the pleasure of having him in their presence.

He died too soon but we can be held at bay knowing that God is with him in heaven.

A Loving Son,
A Loyal Brother,
A Kind Friend.

The other beside it read the words;

Ava Amaya Parker

2007 - 2011

Like her beloved brothers she was an angel among humans.

She died too soon but we know that she would've done great things.

A Loving Daughter,
A Caring Sister,
A Loyal Friend.

Then the last one:

Patrick Richard Parker

2005 - 2011

The sad truth about Paddy is that he's a twin, a twin to a boy who's without is other half...

Even though he was so young, he had a bright mind, let that bright mind be nurtured up high.

A Kindhearted Son,
A Faithful Brother,
A Devoted Friend.

"Hey guys, it's been a while" I say as a tear falls from my eye.

"I'm sorry, I'm meant to be a hero and I couldn't even save my own siblings from one man" I say as more tears fall from my eyes.

"You guys were always the light in my life, even when mom wasn't around I thought that if-when she died, I'd always have you guys. I guess I thought wrong, I really tried to protect you guys, I'd take all the hits from dad, but it was never enough. It's all my fault, you know how I know? Because you three are gone and I'm still here living in this cruel world." I say closing my eyes tightly from the stinging of tears trying to escape.

"You know Anne Frank used to say that 'dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude' I had no idea of how true that was until you died. I regret not helping you when I knew you needed it, I regret not being there for you, I regret not saving you, but although that regret may be stronger than gratitude that doesn't mean it isn't there. I'm grateful for those moments that we shared, from playing soccer to making tents with the bunk beds." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

I talk to them for god knows how long, just telling them everything. How much I wish they were here with me, how much I wish for it to have been me and not them.

"Well guys, I gotta go" I say after a while, I stand up with a sigh and look at the two graves.

"Bye Tommy, Ava, Paddy" I say and finally take my leave.

———

Ooft this is sad, gosh diddly darn I oughta have some issues 😃

Word Count: 1400

- mayaaaa ✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 979 37
This high-key sucks sorry bitches i've got shit to do and daddy issues to avoid ' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
304K 6.5K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
1.3M 35.1K 51
!Cover Change! What will happen when Peter Parker accidentally texts Natasha Romanoff? Will she figure out he's the vigilante Spider-Man? If so how w...
462K 12.4K 30
(Discontinued) This is the place you go to if you want to see sightings of Iron Dad and Spider Son. - Some Chapters will have some father/son fluff...