The pictures that talk โœ”

By Imnotlauriane

THIS STORY HAS A NEW VERSION PUBLISHED ON MY PROFILE (currently unpublished) (don't expect top quality from t... More

Before you start reading
The first meeting
The second meeting
The bad dreams
The third meeting
The fourth meeting
I'm what?!
The urgency
The struggle
The good after the bad
The breakfast
The exposition's preparations
The first...
The bond
What if...
Suppositions
The complete bond
The sweet promise
Don't forget me
The worst day of our life
Questions
Say goodbye for now
What is this?
The barrier
Sushi and home
The new house
They know me
Get me a what?
HAPPY NEW YEAR
The surprises
The game and the name
Inside out
Happy but sad
This is home
Burning hint of the past
Soulmates care for each other
This nightmare needs to end
The lawyer's appointment
Is something wrong with me?
The new cherished memory of my heart
The soul
The truth that hurts
My dear siblings
Drunk on love
The shower
Picnic
Cuddles and tears
Movie night
It begins
Reunions
Relief
A beginner's mistake, but a honorable one
Never skip a meal
Official request
Getting ready
Heart attack
Finally all together
Needy soulmates
A little impatient
Eunwoo
Use me
Overprotective soulmates
Failure or progress?
Moving on
Fire
Three and overdose
The end is near
ABOUT THE AFTER-STORY
UNPUBLISH/EDIT - PLEASE READ
MY DECISION!

Spending time with the cat

3.2K 187 72
By Imnotlauriane

Just going to apologize a little now, for I like the teasing without going too far that is within my reach. Note that none of my books will contain any sexual scenes, unless mentioned otherwise, which hasn't happened yet, so rest assured that this isn't going to turn into one bed fight lmao.

"I can't believe you guys let the bacon burn" I mumble as we eat breakfast. A very sad breakfast. "It's Jimin's fault, he shouldn't have left it alone" Namjoon whines, causing the said man to turn to Jin with a frown. "Well if Jin hadn't actually replied from the bathroom saying that Y/N was in the shower, maybe this breakfast would be different altogether!" he counters and it's Jin's turn to gasp and hit the table.

"I was being protective over her to make sure she wouldn't hurt herself! You guys know the situation, I couldn't possibly live well with leaving her alone if she had another bad memory!" he screams and the bickering continues.

I move closer to Jungkook's chair and eye the grape in his plate. "Do you want it?" he asks as he stabs it with his fork. I nod and he grins before bringing it to my mouth. I munch unto it and hum at the sour taste. His hand brushes over my hair in pure affection and I grin at him, loving the bunny smile he sends me.

"When do you have to leave for school?" I ask, which causes the whining to stop so they can answer my question. All eyes turn to the time on either the clock on the wall or on their phones. "Very soon actually" Taehyung mumbles before hurrying to finish his plate, Jimin doing the same. I turn to see Namjoon's already done and he stands up to clean up the table.

"Alright, you guys go get ready, the train will leave in no more than twenty minutes" he says before going to his room and the table empties rather quickly. I help Yoongi in washing the dishes and it's a nice peaceful moment when silence takes over as the others all leave the room to get ready for work.

"What are you going to do today?" he asks as I hand him some more dirty dishes. "I was thinking about going to the gallery. You can come if you want, but it might be boring. I have to look at my artists' works, make sure everything's in order and not actually illegal" I reply, not seeing him quirking his eyebrows.

"Illegal? How could one's work, which consists of pictures, be illegal?" he asks with disbelief in his voice, which makes me smile. "Yeah, well, obviously, there are some, although it doesn't happen often, what with my ability and all. I've come across some pictures that people claimed to be 'original' and 'the real deal' , but really, they were just pictures of real pictures, so when I used my ability, the picture would move - but only the hands holding the camera. The image itself, the subject, would stay completely still. It always feels like such a waste of my ability when it does happen, but sometimes it's funny. Oh but there was that time when-" I start telling him about some really weird stories, or about that one time when someone tried taking pictures of something gross, but then would throw up right after, so when the picture started to move, all I could see really was his last lunch. Wonderful, truly.

Yoongi is laughing, almost in tears, the cleaning of dishes completely forgotten as he holds onto the counter after the third story. I can't help but laugh with him and even have to support his body when he loses his balance. "I- I swear-" he starts but doubles into laughter, not able to finish his sentence. "Do you know what's worse?" I say when I see him not calming down, his body sinking to the floor in tears. "There's worse?!" he exclaims and I nod, my own tears making their way down my cheeks as I try to control my laughing.

"Yeah! There was that one guy-" I scream as I remember the moment, this was gold. "He- Oh I can't, his 'art' was f-farting fire". Yoongi's eyes widen and he's about to say something but no sound comes out. "Wait wait- that's not all!".

At this point, hitting everything seems like the only way my body can get it out, I fall over Yoongi's body as we both shake uncontrollably. Now straddling his leg as his arms come to hold me, feeling the way his body shakes as he laughs makes me lose it even more. "The guy, h-his fire fart spelled the word LOVE-" He starts hitting the side of my leg, eyes shut tight and head turned away from my ear as a loud mix of a scream and a laugh leaves his throat. My stomach starts hurting so much, but I can't stop laughing. "Tell me you still have the picture!" he screams and I nod. "I do!" I reply in tears.

It keeps going for many long minutes before we both start breathing again. I look up to see everyone gazing at us with happy smiles , bodies leaning against the counter as they enjoy the view.

I notice especially Jimin's eyes, beautiful crescents that turn to me and he seems like he could cry of happiness, his eyes shining like the night sky. "Can I see that majestic fart too?" he asks and that's all it takes for Yoongi and I to lose it again.

---

"Alright, you two be careful" the guys say as they leave the house. Yoongi and I wave goodbye before the door closes. I head to the couch to lie down for a bit, I definitely worked some abs earlier because I'm in pain. A small giggle leaves my mouth at the memory and Yoongi pushes me deeper into the cushions so he can lie down with me.

He sits down first before raising one leg above mine, his body then leaning down with an arm wrapping around my body to pull me to him while his other folds under his head to support him. I hum in contentment and start playing with the necklace around his neck, sliding it between my fingers while enjoying the comfort taking place in the bond right now.

"It feels like forever since we last cuddled together" he murmurs softly, his hand caressing my arm slowly. "You're right. I feel like everything's been a mess recently. It makes me want to give up on everything and just... run away, far away. What would it be like to be out of reach from the M.I.? Maybe I'd actually have a chance then" I whisper, then looking up to look him in the eyes.

"Would you want that?" he asks seriously, but I shake my head. "I don't think I could handle giving up on everything, on my brothers. Asking everyone to do the same... I can't possibly do that" I answer truthfully. Running away wouldn't get rid of the problem. They'd hunt me down and probably try to kill me. That's what they always do.

I smile and boop his nose. "Let's cuddle some more and then head to the gallery. I can't afford to get too behind on schedule" I tell him and he nods with a small smile before resting his head against mine.

I can feel him think about what I said, his mind occupied and unsettled, so I start pecking butterfly kisses on his neck to take his mind off the subject. Surprise takes over the bond before something else creeps in.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Snowflakes" Yoongi growls and before I know it, he's pushing me on my back and hovering over me. I blink quickly as my brain takes in what just happened. The bond seems heavy and tense, so thinking he's mad, I try to make myself smaller. "I-I'm sorry- I just wanted to make you think about something else" I whisper and his cat-like eyes stare down at me with dark pupils before he leans down to peck my nose.

"Oh it worked, believe me" he growls softly before pressing his lips against my temples, going down to my cheek, ear and then jaw. He stops there and breathes in slowly. "You smell so good" he murmurs into my neck. I feel the beating of my heart accelerate in my chest and he can obviously feel it from my neck, my thin skin pulsing under his lips, causing him to chuckle.

"Do I make you nervous, little one?" he whispers before pulling back to look me in the eye, his eyes... needy. I gulp and nod against my will, there's no way I can ignore this aura of his. His deep chuckle rings into my ears and he leans back with a satisfied expression.

Getting off the couch, he offers me his hand with his now charming gummy smile to help me off the couch. Feeling my heart still beating incredibly fast, I grab his hand and raise quickly from the couch thanks to his strong hold before he locks me in his arms.

"I'm going to reserve a night in your arms very soon, just you and I" he whispers before turning to the front door, leaving me a blushing mess behind as I stare at the way his shoulders are straight, head high and proud. "Min Yoongi, you-"

He only chuckles and motions with his hand for me to follow him. "You yourself said you can't be too late, let's go". Huffing a breath, I follow behind him to go and wear my shoes. "Waffle, we're leaving!" I scream a bit too loud to hide my embarrassment, which causes the man to laugh at me. Obviously the bond would betray me in seconds.

Waffle's heavy paws make their way across the floor to stand by me and he shoots Yoongi a glare. He's not dumb, he knows exactly what went through the pale man's head. He's disgustingly trying to own Waffle's pawmate in an animalistic way and he cannot allow that. He's going to have to keep an eye on his owner, this is not going to happen. Not on his watch.

---

A few hours have passed by at the gallery with Yoongi analyzing the pictures with me. It's been fun to have his opinion so far, the way he sees things are interesting, it's going to help me write resumes for the artists' works.

"When do Jinnie and Hobi have their breaks? We could go spend some time at the beach later" I ask while printing an other set of pictures. "I don't know, I'll ask them" he says simply before his eyes glaze over, his mind away to contact the guys.

I put the pictures down on the desk and look at them. She went dark this time. Depression, anger, sadness. Is she going through a rough time? I hope she's well, I think to myself as I proceed to feel all of them. The subjects knew they were being taken in pictures, well treated. That's what I like to see. I come back to myself to see Yoongi quietly observing me from his chair in front of my desk. 

I see the silent question in his eyes and smile. "Don't worry, it's only a play with the light and shades, the camera's position too. The subjects were all actually pretty happy to be part of this. What worries me is the mental state of my artist, so I might just ask her some brief questions to make sure she's alright. It's not really my place to nose into her life, but I just want her to know that she's not alone if she ever needs to talk".

He hums with satisfaction, what I can guess to be from taking care of my artists. I'm not just here to make money off their backs. They're family under my care.

"Jin and Hoseok will be free in an hour for an hour, so Jin said he'd grab sandwiches from the café and join us here. Hoseok will teleport in front of the building as soon as he's done" he explains and I nod with a smile. "Hobi seems to be using his ability more often nowadays" I say and Yoongi nods with a soft smile. "He's training so he can be more ready in case something happens. He doesn't like being 'weak' as he said and fainting after moving the guys around. I think it really got to him last time" he explains and I lose my smile at his words.

"It's not his fault though, he couldn't possibly know-"

"Maybe not, but it's important to him" Yoongi cuts me off gently. "And if it's important to him, then we need to support him. Throw in some compliments once in a while too".

My smile comes back along with a giggle. "I could compliment him all day" I reply, causing him to stare at me. "What about us?". I raise my eyebrows before nodding. "Of course, all of you, not just Hoseok". A smirk starts spreading on his lips. He props his elbows on my desk and leans his chin on his hands.

"Then compliment me until the guys get here".

I hear Waffle huff in mockery and we both turn to him. "I think Waffle thinks you're acting a bit like a dog" I say and when the pup turns to me with a nod of the head, I feel Yoongi's part of the bond fill with anger.

"Not a good pup" he scolds the dog with his cute pout.

Waffle huffs and turns his back to the man. Like he cares what the white haired man thinks. Waffle is the only one allowed to beg for compliments here, and he only needs them from his owner. His pawmate. She's the only one who can understand him so well even though they only just met.

"You two are hilarious together" I giggle, which earns a glare from both. I raise my hands in surrender and turn back to my work. "Never mind... you grumpy pups" I mumble with a pout of my own.

"G-grumpy pup?!" Yoongi exclaims, absolutely bewildered by my claim. I look up to see his wide shocked eyes staring at me, despair as he waits for me to answer him. I keep looking at him without saying anything, watch as he works his eyes to silently send me a message. His eyes narrow just slightly, his lips puckering as he sends me mental waves of... cat?

"Grumpy cat?" I try hesitatingly and it's like the light just came back into his heart. Corners of his lips curving up just a little, eyes creasing enough to confirm the smile, he sends Waffle a smug look before sitting back down on the chair.

I stare at him without saying a word, but he doesn't care as he starts looking at some other pictures with renewed energy.

He got happy for being called a grumpy cat. I'll never understand the man.

So that was the first of the two requested books to be written for today! The other one, The beauty of love will be published in a few hours, since I have yet to start it. I like asking some questions to my reader sometimes so don't hesitate to follow me so you don't miss any of my messages!

Borahae!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 35.4K 88
Min Yoongi never wanted a soulmate. As far as he was concerned, he only had time in his life for his music and his members. He didn't like the idea o...
138K 7.2K 56
In a magical realm full of danger and possibilities, you were again and again put at risk of losing your life. Every time, you were saved by the same...
1.3K 39 15
ใ€ŠA Jeon Jungkook SOULMATE AUใ€‹ ||SHORT STORY|| "I had a firm belief since childhood that I'll hear ringing bells when I'll meet my soulmate." He to...