Turning the Tables [Shoto Tod...

By AsheDragon_Warrior

PLEASE NOTE! This is the SECOND part of this story. The overview is copy-pasted below. ~ If she had the chanc... More

Hello Again!
Chapter 66: Is he toying with me?
Chapter 68: Why bother?
(⚠️) Chapter 69: Don't do it! (⚠️)
Chapter 70: Who ordered pizza?
Chapter 71: You paved the way
Chapter 72: Blink
Chapter 73: Why bother...
Chapter 74: It terrified me
Chapter 75: I wasn't active
Chapter 76: Kikai-chan!
Chapter 77: You're a good person
Chapter 78: Villainous!
Chapter 79: The answer is no
Chapter 80: Let's talk about yours
Chapter 81: Mr. Aizawa?
QnA - Part 2!
Chapter 82: Let us begin then!
Chapter 83: Dress like what?
Chapter 84: It's nice to be back together again...
Chapter 85: The Room King
Chapter 86: It's not that interesting...
Chapter 87: Ultimate moves...?
Chapter 88: What is going on?
Chapter 89: It's my hobby so...
Chapter 90: Love???
Chapter 91: Thank you for shopping here!
Chapter 92: This is embarrassing
Chapter 93: I don't like this...
Chapter 94: A hundred slots
Chapter 95: Someone's quirk-
Chapter 96: Full of warmth!
Chapter 97: Minus points!
Chapter 99: ...didn't pass?
Just an update :')
Chapter 100: We need to talk
Chapter 101: You first
Chapter 102: That's not very healthy
Chapter 103: ...are you serious?
Chapter 104: How peculiar...
A Rant
Birthday Special
A/N
Objective Completed!
Writing Prompts!
July 1st
Long time no see?
Chapter 106: A sneaking suspicion

Chapter 98: Do something...!

1K 61 57
By AsheDragon_Warrior

After dropping the man off, I aided a little in helping other students locate the "injured" HUC workers, before returning to the treatment area to help with the rescued there, using my quirk to calm them down and create a sense of safety.

It was then, that there was a rumbling, and an explosion in a wall not too far away.

"Everyone, the scenario for the exercises...!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim, from the other side of the area.

Midoriya! The scenario.... a terrorist attack!

Gang Orca appeared from the gaping hole in the wall, and black-suited villains poured out from behind him.

"Villains have appeared and started their pursuit! Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the villains," The announcer declared.

"Get everyone to safety! Toward the back!" Shindo called, running towards the villains. "Get them as far away from the villains as possible!"

What should I do... I can help with any first aid and in keeping them calm, but I can't effectively move larger groups of them at once. I can multitask with my quirk a little, and I'm good at hand-to-hand combat...

"I'll keep hammering away at them with tremors at one-second intervals! I won't let them get close!"

My eyes went wide, as I saw Gang Orca appear in front of Shindo, even as I started helping the injured move farther away.

Shindo fell to the ground.

"Only a single rear-guard when there's this much of a difference in ability? Looks like you were underestimating us."

I paused, ushering a couple more people forward before turning to run over to get closer, to help Shindo.

Then ice was shooting towards Gang Orca, shattering as he used to quirk to protect himself.

Todoroki!

Backup had arrived.

A swirling wind blew back my hood, and Inasa landed. "Blow away...!"

The ice that Todoroki had trapped the villains in broke, and the strong gusts began to blow them away. "A villain attack? You guys have prepared some pretty hot developments!" He yelled.

A spike of irritation drew my attention to Todoroki.

Then they started to argue.

It's good that I stuck around...

"To arrive at the same time as you..."

"That's my line," Todoroki retorted, "Why don't you go help with evacuating the first aid station? That works with your quirk, right? I'll take care of this."

The angry strain of his voice was clearly audible.

That Endeavour comment, unsurprisingly, really rubbed him the wrong way.

At the same time, Inasa and Todoroki sent fire and air towards Gang Orca, diverting each other's attacks.

"Why'd you use your flames?! Heat makes air rise!"

"Because my ice was blocked earlier! Didn't you do that on purpose? Your wind blew away my flames!"

I cast my gaze backwards to the origin of sharp, furious disbelief. It was Midoriya, who had stopped in his tracks.

"You're the one who did it on purpose to keep me from getting all the glory!"

My eyes locked with Midoriya's, and I gestured to him to keep going.

I'll deal with this. I'll make sure they know what idiots they're being at the moment.

"Huh? Why would I do that?!"

"Why wouldn't you? I mean, you're the son of that Endeavour!"

"What the hell's been wrong with you this whole time?! My old man has nothing to do with it—"

Todoroki's voice died out as he was suddenly hit with cement from one of the villain's "Cement Guns."

"This is outrageous! I can't believe you two would just start arguing here."

I agreed. I was ready to scream at them.

But first... I'll deal with those villains.

Todoroki shot up a wall of ice, and I stretched out my quirk, dragging up emotions of drowsiness to send to them.

"What do you mean, it has nothing to do with him? It definitely does! To me, heroes are passionate! With their passionate hearts, they bring hope and inspiration to people! Their passion comes through! That's why it was a shock! Because nothing came through in those eyes except a cold, cold anger! And then, at the entrance exam, I saw you, and I knew who you were immediately. Because you... had the exact same eyes!"

I don't know what to think of this...

"The same...? That's ridiculous. I'm not the same as him."

"What are you doing with a villain in front of you?" Gang Orca spoke to deaf ears.

"You and your dad are the only heroes I won't accept no matter what!" Inasa raised his hand, "The end!"

They did it again! They interfered with each other's attacks! I've had about enough of this...

"Again?! You really are..."

The wind sent the flames rushing to where I stood beside Shindo.

In a hurry, I hoisted Shindo up, pulling my cloak around the two of us to protect against the flames. The fabric was supposed to be resistant to heat and fire.

The flames cleared, and I dropped Shindo unceremoniously to the ground. He stopped himself from falling.

I was so distracted that I didn't notice he was awake.

He looked ready to spit some angry words, but I ignored him, setting my eyes on the two hero students ahead of me.

"What the actual fuck do you two think you're doing!" I roared. "There are so many people you could be putting in danger right now, purely because of you stupid testosterone and whatever feud you two have! Give it a rest, and do your damn job you bastards!"

They froze.

There was an odd silence.

Gang Orca took advantage of the silence, sending his quirk towards Inasa.

He screamed, and the villains cheered. He lost control of his wind currents, plummeting to the ground.

Gang Orca grabbed Todoroki, using his quirk to make him collapse.

Do something... do something...!

"Memory Lane: Pain!"

My quirk shot out, and I carefully tested who was a villain or not, before drawing up the memories that would incapacitate any of them that were too close.

Almost immediately, my Agonmeter made an insistent beep.

My headache began to pound, and I almost didn't notice the wind that swept up. I was ready to drop, but luckily, Shindo was there to help me remain standing.

He then curled his lip at me, but said nothing to explain how he was awake.

The tendrils of pain felt like they were curling deep in my skull, and I dropped my head against Shindo with a groan.

"You're a fool," He snarled.

"That doesn't change the fact that we'll need to help them...!"

I trailed off as a pillar of wind and flames grew up in a column around Gang Orca.

I shakily pulled myself off him. "Shindo!"

"I've got it!"

He sent his quirk through the earth, upsetting the paths of remaining villains to break them up, and other hero students began helping take them out.

I could barely concentrate, but I could still use my quirk without damaging myself as I began to fight the villains that were farther away, my Agonmeter beeping at intervals to warn me.

Then there was the buzzer, signalling the end of the exercise. "Um, at this moment, all the HUC who were deployed have been rescued from the danger zone. It may seem arbitrary, but with this, all the provisional licensing exam procedures have been completed. After we tally the scores, we will announce the results here. Those who were injured should go to the infirmary. The rest of you should change and then stand by. "

It's another one!

Did you pass? Did you fail?

Who knows???

(I~ do~)

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 893 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
74 5 3
"𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞..." WHERE Shoto discovers he can leave his life behind on the...
78.4K 3.2K 35
I huge thanks to @Emonekochan26 for making the amazing cover! COMPLETED: MAY/29/20 Some triggering topics, and hints at sexual content! We all dream...
130K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...