Turning the Tables [Shoto Tod...

By AsheDragon_Warrior

PLEASE NOTE! This is the SECOND part of this story. The overview is copy-pasted below. ~ If she had the chanc... More

Hello Again!
Chapter 66: Is he toying with me?
Chapter 68: Why bother?
(⚠️) Chapter 69: Don't do it! (⚠️)
Chapter 70: Who ordered pizza?
Chapter 71: You paved the way
Chapter 72: Blink
Chapter 73: Why bother...
Chapter 74: It terrified me
Chapter 75: I wasn't active
Chapter 76: Kikai-chan!
Chapter 77: You're a good person
Chapter 78: Villainous!
Chapter 79: The answer is no
Chapter 80: Let's talk about yours
Chapter 81: Mr. Aizawa?
QnA - Part 2!
Chapter 82: Let us begin then!
Chapter 83: Dress like what?
Chapter 84: It's nice to be back together again...
Chapter 85: The Room King
Chapter 86: It's not that interesting...
Chapter 87: Ultimate moves...?
Chapter 88: What is going on?
Chapter 89: It's my hobby so...
Chapter 90: Love???
Chapter 91: Thank you for shopping here!
Chapter 92: This is embarrassing
Chapter 93: I don't like this...
Chapter 94: A hundred slots
Chapter 96: Full of warmth!
Chapter 97: Minus points!
Chapter 98: Do something...!
Chapter 99: ...didn't pass?
Just an update :')
Chapter 100: We need to talk
Chapter 101: You first
Chapter 102: That's not very healthy
Chapter 103: ...are you serious?
Chapter 104: How peculiar...
A Rant
Birthday Special
A/N
Objective Completed!
Writing Prompts!
July 1st
Long time no see?
Chapter 106: A sneaking suspicion

Chapter 95: Someone's quirk-

1.1K 65 22
By AsheDragon_Warrior

"I believe you all have terrain you like and dislike. Use your quirks well and do your best. Anyways, we arranged for the terrain to be announced like that... But yeah, it's unnecessary. It's because of this my sleep was... I hope the developments are speedy so that I can rest as soon as possible..."

The balls and targets were handed out. I placed one target at the bottom of my rib cage, one at the front of my right hip, and one on my shoulder. I could see them all easily enough, and they would be easy for me to defend.

Everyone began to split up, and I quickly attached my excess balls to my belt.

"Everyone, don't get too separated! Let's move as a group!"

It was a logical suggestion, and yet...

Amidst the sounds of agreement, Bakugo snarked, "Yeah right, this isn't a field trip!"

"Idiot, wait up!" Kirishima rushed after him.

A couple more people called after them, but he ignored everyone.

"I'm going on my own, too. It's hard for me to use my power in a big group." Todoroki was already striding off, and part of me wanted to call after him.

"I'm afraid I won't be sticking with you all either. I work best with fewer people— there's less of a chance of me slipping up and hurting someone."

"Oh... but (L/N)—"

"Ojiro, if you don't mind, would you like to come with me? I know for sure that I can Synchronize with you."

"Um... sure. Sorry guys!"

He jogged over to my side, and we walked off.

I paused then, before calling over my shoulder, "Good luck! You guys better pass!"

"You got it, (L/N)!" Mina cheered.

"We won't let you down," Yaoyorozu promised.

Midoriya was still very hesitant, but a couple words from Mineta got him back on track.

"Any place you would prefer for us to go, Ojiro?"

"Well... what place works with your—"

"My quirk works in most places, it's the amount of people that causes problems. Where would work best with your quirk?"

"Um... how about the cityscape? It'll be a little tight, but I can use the extra surfaces to propel myself and ambush people."

"Perfect. Now... let's think up a plan."

~

We had just arrived at the cityscape when the buzzer went off. "First test, start!"

Wait...

"Ojiro, follow me!" I grasped him roughly by the shoulder of his gi, ducking into one of the buildings.

A group of costumed hero students came onto the road, glancing around to see where we had gone.

"Dammit! Those two would've been easy points!"

"Yeah, UA guys."

"What do they mean?" Ojiro questioned, quietly.

"I can't believe I didn't realize... they know our quirks, our fighting styles, and our weaknesses. It was broadcasted on live television!"

It clicked immediately, and his eyes went wide.

"Yeah. However... we've done a lot of training. Our quirks are stronger now, our fighting styles better, and we've got our costumes on."

"And they haven't seen us work together," He supplied.

I nodded. "Now, we just need to come up with a plan."

As we moved to the next floor, I could hear the tired announcer, Mera, drone updates. "There's still a stalemate in all quarters... no one has passed yet. Oh, when we get any reports, I will announce them all from this broadcasting area."

The earth suddenly tremored slightly.

That must be someone's quirk.

There was lots of noise from the road outside, and a whooshing sound began to pick up.

Curious, I went to one of the windows.

We were only a floor up, so I could see that there was a wind that was quickly growing stronger and stronger.

"Ojiro! Back up! We need to get away from the windows! Someone's quirk—"

I backed up. I could see the balls being ripped from participants' hands, swept up and away.

There was yelling that I couldn't make out, but then a flurry of balls came raining down from the sky.

There were screams, chinging alarms that signified the hitting of targets, and the sound of shattering.

The harsh tinkling of breaking glass was the only brief warning we had, before glass shards were showering upon us and the rapid winds swirled around us, threatening to yank the balls from my hands and belt.

I raised my right arm to defend my face against the glass caught in the wind, my cloak whipping erratically in the wind as I tried to pull it around me, turning.

We won't be able to leave the room, so be need to take cover and protect—

Ching!

One of my targets had been hit!

Yelling over the wind and drawing my cloak tight against me, I informed Ojiro, "We need to head to the corner! I can protect you with my cloak— Alright?"

"Got it!!"

Ching!

One of Ojiro's.

Just before I could fully turn into the corner, there was another one of the dreaded noises.

Ching!

The one at my hip.

Only one left...

The wind finally died down.

"Oh, someone finally passed... What?!" The announcer suddenly yelled. "Th-there were 120 people taken out?! A single person took out 120 people and passed!"

One hundred and twenty??? Who? And from which school?

"Um, well, I'm so surprised that I'm awake now. It looks like they'll just keep coming now. Everyone, please do your best as quickly as possible!" He sounded a lot more awake now.

"Ojiro, are you alright?!"

I had just straightened, and had seen that his face was dripping with blood.

The glass!

"I-I'm fine! Just a couple of cuts. Let's not stop for me..."

"No! I've got some medical supplies. I'm not going anywhere until we, at the very least, disinfect those cuts!"

The material of his suit must be durable— it doesn't look like it got damaged.

I opened a pocket in my belt, taking out some cotton pads and a small bottle of disinfectant.

"Don't worry about it Ojiro. While I fix up your face, we can plan. Those who have managed to stay in will have lost at least one target. We can take advantage of that."

He began to nod, but stopped as I "tsked" at him.

"We were pretty lucky there, huh? Most of the people in this part of the sector must've been knocked out of the running."

I stopped for a moment, considering his words. He let out a soft hiss as I began once more, refuting, "No. We weren't 'lucky.' If you hadn't listened to me, I might've left myself open as I tried to get you to do so, and we both would've lost. Your cooperation ensured our survival."

~

"Some people are coming. Are you ready?"

"Yes."

I nodded, and watched as he retreated to the second floor.

It was a medium sized group that was nearing, with maybe a 1:3 ratio between us and them.

He's going to jump soon, they're almost close enough.

Then I'll get them from behind.

Less than a minute later, and he was pouncing.

I got behind them, and using the Synchronization, we were quickly able to get them out.

There was a beeping sound from our targets and they lit up blue, then a voice came. "Those who have passed you go to the waiting room. Hurry!"

We're early today~

Tell me what you think of this chapter! This exam is definitely something I want feedback on!

Alsoalsoalso- I forgot to mention it last chapter but I LOVE Shindo (for PG reasons, I just feel the need to clarify bc of your dirty minds 😒). The moral question that he adds into the whole "hero" thing is great. But, of course, I had to make (L/N) dislike him...

I'm still suuuuuper excited for the upcoming chapter ps I swear you wouldn't BELIEVE it-

But, I'm getting carried away. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 11.5K 28
ꗃ 𝐬. 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟎𝟕/𝟏𝟕/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝: 𝟏𝟎/𝟎𝟗/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 !𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫! 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐥...
423K 12.5K 51
🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL people (you can also check them out on...
81.5K 2.1K 28
"Promise me you'll never stop loving me." "I promise I'll never stop loving you. If I ever do stop, I promise to fall in love with you once again." ~...
72 5 3
"𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞..." WHERE Shoto discovers he can leave his life behind on the...