The pictures that talk โœ”

By Imnotlauriane

THIS STORY HAS A NEW VERSION PUBLISHED ON MY PROFILE (currently unpublished) (don't expect top quality from t... More

Before you start reading
The first meeting
The second meeting
The bad dreams
The third meeting
The fourth meeting
I'm what?!
The urgency
The struggle
The good after the bad
The breakfast
The exposition's preparations
The first...
The bond
What if...
Suppositions
The complete bond
The sweet promise
Don't forget me
The worst day of our life
Questions
Say goodbye for now
What is this?
The barrier
Sushi and home
The new house
They know me
Get me a what?
HAPPY NEW YEAR
The surprises
The game and the name
Inside out
Happy but sad
This is home
Burning hint of the past
Soulmates care for each other
This nightmare needs to end
Is something wrong with me?
The new cherished memory of my heart
The soul
The truth that hurts
My dear siblings
Drunk on love
The shower
Spending time with the cat
Picnic
Cuddles and tears
Movie night
It begins
Reunions
Relief
A beginner's mistake, but a honorable one
Never skip a meal
Official request
Getting ready
Heart attack
Finally all together
Needy soulmates
A little impatient
Eunwoo
Use me
Overprotective soulmates
Failure or progress?
Moving on
Fire
Three and overdose
The end is near
ABOUT THE AFTER-STORY
UNPUBLISH/EDIT - PLEASE READ
MY DECISION!

The lawyer's appointment

3.5K 200 24
By Imnotlauriane

It is no surprise to say that everyone took the day off to head to the appointment with me. As we're on the way to the city on the train, I can't help but nervously play with the hem of my shirt. How is this going to go?

Taehyung and Namjoon are seated by my sides, my hands in theirs. Jungkook is next to Namjoon and I can see him lean forward from time to time to smile at me, his cute bunny smile helping me to relax my facial expressions to shoot him a smile back.

Jin, Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok are in front of me in order and although I can feel all of them nervous about today's appointment, they all try very hard to hide it with frequent smiles and small conversation. Jin and Jimin work together to ease hearts and make the journey easier as we get closer to our destination.

Waffle is sleeping at my feet, or should I say, on my feet. He's not fast asleep, but napping since he knows there are no dangers for now. He's going to have a hard day since there are so many people in the city. I can only hope he can handle it, it's going to be his first time there after all.

When the train finally stops at the station, we wait a little bit until most people have exited the train and Namjoon proceeds to lead us outside, going straight for the door out of the building, my soulmates all forming a protective circle around me, Waffle in the middle with me.

If they weren't my soulmates, I'd think I'm some kind of celebrity. We walk through the streets and eventually end up in front of a fancy building. My eyes dart to Taehyung and he wraps an arm around my waist.

"I won't let go of you, don't worry, it won't happen again" he says, very aware of the truth I spoke of last time. I don't want to spend my time breaking everything if I have to visit these kind of rich places frequently. Namjoon seems to understand too as his arm slides just above Taehyung's and it's protected and in good hands that we enter the building, going for the stairs at the front when we find the position of the lawyer's office. I can see people giving my doggy boy curious and fascinated eyes. They must all know about his breed because it's something well known in the world of rich people.

We enter a room that looks like a waiting room, but more fancy. Lounge chairs, a little bar like counter where someone is at the ready to make drinks with very little to zero alcohol in them. A bed in a corner where someone is currently massaging someone. A huge library full of books that I can see Namjoon eye carefully, maybe expecting to eventually find a book worthy of his interest, which would end up being all of them.

Jin walks to the counter where a woman is bowing to greet us.

"Welcome, gentlemen, lady, how may I help you?" she greets us warmly as she eyes each and everyone of us. Her eyes seem very perceptive and I realize she might be using her ability, possibly to make sure we're not carrying anything dangerous on us, which gets confirmed when I see her eyes fix a little longer my camera before darting back to our eyes with a smile.

"Hi, we're here for an appointment for Y/N L/N at 13h. We might be a little bit early though" Jin says with a slight step forward. The woman nods and takes a phone before telling whoever's on the other line that we arrived.

"Yes, of course, I'll bring them over" she says before ending the call and she motions for us to follow her without a word. I grip onto the back of Yoongi's shirt when he walks in front of me and he turns back to see me biting my lip in nervosity. He turns back to the front, but his hand comes to grab mine, letting me grip his fingers tightly, not seeming to care that his are taking on a rather white tone with every passing seconds.

"It's going to be okay, Y/N, we're all here with you" Jimin whispers from behind me and his soft touch to my arm brings with it a relief that calms my heart and its beating. Hoseok, being the sunshine that he is, gives me the brightest smile and his happy and excited eyes almost make me forget why we're here, until a door opens and the woman steps aside to allow us to enter the smaller but still big room, a very beautiful office where we can see a desk in the middle. Eight chairs are set right in front of it and behind the desk is seated a handsome but intimidating man.

"Welcome, welcome, please, take a seat" he says first and I let Namjoon and Taehyung lead me to a chair after making me let go of Yoongi's hand, which earns me a small pout as they again, take a seat each by my sides. The others sit around, but Jin and Jimin take the two chairs right behind me. Waffle stays right in front of me, his head a big higher than my knees and my hands quickly find a place in his fur.

"I'll present myself, Chae Hyungwon, Lawyer for secret circumstances, which seems to be your case, as I have read on the rapport. I'm taking it miss L/N here is you?" he says while looking at me, a soft smile grazing his lips in an attempt to appear less dangerous to my eyes, which he seems to be reading very well. I feel like trying to hide here won't serve me well.

I nod, my heart beating way too fast, until I feel Jimin and Jin's hands on my shoulders, the same calming feeling washing over me again, but twice the amount. Jin doesn't need to touch, since his ability is to control the mood ambiance, but it brings relief nonetheless. Their hands stay there and I try to make them feel my gratitude through the bond, which earns me a small rub of the thumbs before I put my attention back on the man in front of us.

"Alright, I can see you're nervous, we'll go one thing at a time, okay? So, I see here that your ability is quite rare indeed, Photographic life transfer, the government does indeed have a tight hold on people like you and sadly, you're about the only one I know of at the moment here in Korea. Most people hide this ability by fear, but you use it for a Gallery that you own, people's reactions don't scare you?" he says before ending with a question, his eyes still looking at the papers in front of him, but clearly expecting an answer from me.

"They don't, no. I've more often experienced wonderful smiles when giving them a moving picture than I've had scowls, even if they have happened. I think it would be selfish of me to keep this ability hidden if it can bring happiness to so many people" I respond, voice wavering. I clear my throat, I need to be more at ease, sure of myself.

He hums, taking notes on a notebook and I wait for his next words. But silence is what greets my ears for the many next minutes as he keeps taking notes and reading over papers. I'm glad for Jimin's ability that allows him to directly send me his feelings through touch, because right now I would be a mess. I stroke Waffle's head, glad for his fluffy fluff that absorbs my fingers in a world of softness and Taehyung's chuckles bring a blush to my cheeks.

"Okay. This is indeed a difficult situation. It states here that you have frequent memories of old cases, all of them bringing to death at some point, can you elaborate?" he eventually asks, bringing me out of my world and my hands grip Waffle's hair softly.

Namjoon goes to answer for me when he senses my discomfort but the man shakes his head. "I need to hear it from her". Namjoon sighs and I look up from my big puppy to look at the lawyer.

"Sir, first, I would need to know how much you know about... what I must do with my ability for the government" I ask, trying to be as respectful as possible, because I do not want to cause problems. He nods and props his elbows on his desk.

"Memory Initiative. M.I. for short. They focus on a big range of crimes, but consist more of very particular and mostly important crimes that they need to figure out as fast as possible with the help of people with Photographic life transfer. They make them sign a contract at a young age, which often results in them being abused for the 'greater good', said in their words. They will at some point call for a session, but most of them, I would say look like torture to me. The contracted may not refuse a session, for they might be dragged by force and the 'torture' would be even worse. They don't treat them with respect, but more like objects. It sadly has brought many to their death worldwide because they couldn't handle the weight of the job, or they simply weren't brought back to life fast enough. Is that enough knowledge for you, miss L/N?".

I gulp. "Very much enough, thank you, sir... Then, to answer your question. The memories, as you have said, are usually grave crimes of many kinds. But what I have realized is they mostly all have something to do with the government. One of their children, one of their workers, family members, anything. When they strap me on the bed, they will explain briefly the situation and start showing me pictures of the scenes where the death happened. Usually, the pain at the beginning is too great for me to be able to explain what I see, so they will make me try again until they are satisfied with the amount of knowledge they get from me. Sadly, even when I leave, there can be things that trigger the memories. When I read a picture, the memory that I see also becomes mine, my soul keeps a hold on it very dearly. So it can happen often that one of them comes back to the surface and getting out of them is hard. If not done in time... I could die".

As I speak, I can see him frown while taking notes. Even the bond becomes harsher, all of the guys keeping their feelings under control. "Have you gotten close to death often?" he asks, eyes still concentrating on what he's writing. "I have, on many occurrences. Both with the M.I. and without them. Lately, it seems to happen more often, the M.I. almost didn't bring me back during our last session and unless one of my soulmates are present, it's now nearly impossible to exit the memories by myself".

"Okay... I see here that you're aware of the fact they're not protected in cases of bringing harm to one's soul. How do you know that?" he then asks, always taking notes, it almost feels like he's writing more than I say. "I heard them speak. They thought I was unconscious, maybe dead. They were very scared at the fact that they might have done too much and that I was going to report them, or my death would have them punished, until their superior came and calmed them down saying that we don't even know we have that protection working for us, that no one would be able to help us anyway, that we'd need to dare speak up first".

He hums. "So they lie to keep the upper hand. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd get so much information on them. This will be very useful to help free you of their chains, miss L/N. What will be especially needed now will be an examination of your soul and health. I can refer you to a very good soul center where they will fully analyze and they'll send me a rapport. As for a doctor, I can see one of your soulmate is already renowned in this field so you may send one when you have the time, Kim Namjoon" he directs the last part to my soulmate who simply nods. "Oh... Kim Taehyung, I see you work for Bang Si-Hyuk. This is the soul center I was speaking of. He is usually known as a simple psychologist, but he's very talented when it comes to souls. He can take care of secret circumstances too, so no worries about that. I can take it that getting an appointment there won't be too hard?". Taehyung nods too, which brings a light smile on Lawyer Chae Hyungwon's face.

"Then, for now that will be all. I'll start getting ready on the case and I'll be waiting for the examinations, please don't take too long, you don't know when they'll call again, this is a race against the clock" he says and I can see my soulmates' faces fall at his words. The words sink fast and they hit hard.

We stand up from the chairs and bow lowly in thanks for the man who might just save my life.

Waffle is first to head to the door, something in him needing to make sure the road is without danger. He doesn't like the words he just heard. Race against the clock. That means they might lose. He watches as his owner comes with trembling legs, her soulmates watching over her with attention while Jimin and Jungkook hold her close to them in an attempt to reassure their hearts. They all look so nervous and Waffle can't help but feel bad. If only he could help more, but he's only a dog. The least he can do is to help protect her of the dangers of the world the only way he can. The fire man won't be the only threat coming her way, he just knows. But he's ready, he won't put his guard down.

We exit the office and the secretary gives us a card with the lawyer's contact info, just in case. We leave the building to let the fresh air clean our lungs and I go to sit at the bench I spot nearby. Jimin and Jungkook stick by me and both snuggle close to me once seated. I inhale and exhale deeply, the anxiety of meeting such an important and intimidating man finally fading away. His ability made me feel so tense, forcing my mind to say the truth and only the truth, it feels heavy to the soul. 

Lying would have only hurt, so there was no need for that. Not that I would, my life is on the line and this is no joking matter.

The others reach us and stand around the bench with serious faces, the last words of the man not leaving their minds. Waffle is staring around, glaring at each and every persons walking by and soon I can see people crossing to the other side of the street to avoid our groups. They must feel my soulmates' anger from miles away.

They do their best so it doesn't reach me, but I can feel the vibrations from time to time and I would be scared to be on the receiving end of all the hate I can feel. The M.I. won't survive for long, I tell myself.

"Taehyung, please make an appointment, as soon as possible, today if possible. We're going to my workplace in the meantime" Namjoon then declares and Taehyung doesn't waste any time in getting his phone out and calling a number. I see Namjoon crouch in front of me with a tired smile.

"We're going to get through this, you'll be free soon, Bun" he whispers and I nod, feeling a smile of my own spread on my lips. Hoseok suddenly surprises me by hugging me from behind, the back of the bench the only thing separating us and I giggle as he gives me butterfly kisses all over my cheeks, ears and temples.

"It tickles, Hobi!" I let out between giggles and his bond explodes in awe. It seems to only motivate him to tickle me more and soon, here I am, screaming and squirming away from his touch as Jimin and Jungkook tickle my waist and neck, making me a laughing and crying mess.

"S-s-top!" I scream, mentally begging for some help because I can't speak properly anymore.

This is too much, I repeat, too much!

My eyes meet Yoongi's and he sighs before walking over, softly pushing a laughing Namjoon to the side and scooping me up in his arms and away from the others. They whine and try to grab me again but my savior just walks away from the group, me in his arms, Waffle following closely. Namjoon and Jin chuckle but follow and soon the others run to us, not wanting to be left behind.

Taehyung reaches Namjoon and I can hear them talk about having an appointment in a few hours, so I guess today, we're taking care of everything.

My soulmates don't waste time, that's for sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 13.3K 64
Clus-ter noun, masculine or noun, neuter [the] set of individual particles to be regarded as a unified whole In my world, everything revolves around...
92.8K 4.1K 69
On the first day of university, you were surprised to feel a new sensation in your heart. A sensation you knew, you'd feel when your soulmate was on...
633 33 13
He leans closer so that I can feel his warm breath on my cheek and growls into my ear "Don't look at me like that princess!" Soon after Namjoon slow...
7.3K 829 8
BTS (CENTRIC CAREGIVER! YOONGI) X WHEELCHAIR USER! READER - MAGIC/SOULMATES AU OT7 โ˜†โ˜†โ˜† Freedom is a peculiar thing. To earn it, someone else must los...