UMSHADO

By VanRahdBooks

A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forev... More

CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 8
Chapter 9
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38.
CONTINUAL OF CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
Continual of Chapter 39.
CHAPTER 40
Continual Of Chapter 40
CHAPTER 41
Continual Of Chapter 41.
Chapter 42
Continual of Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
Continual Of Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
Continual Of Chapter 45
CHAPTER 46
Continual Of Chapter 46
CHAPTER 47
Continual Of Chapter 47
CHAPTER 48
Continual of Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
Author's Note.
EPILOGUE

Continual of Chapter 49

1.9K 144 16
By VanRahdBooks

LUNGI.

# SorryNotEdited.

I hope things between my brother and lesego will work out and they will be a family because from what he told me about her, she sounds like she is an amazing person. My husband is on his way back and I guess he will fill me in about how things went in Bethlehem. I undress then go to bathroom and have a cold shower. It cools my body down because I feel so hit and it doesn’t help that it’s way hot outside too.  I stay in shower until I feel like I’m a human again then carefully step out. I

 take the towel and dry myself. Then go to the closet, find mbuso T-shirt and wear it. I take our clothes out from the closet and begin packing them because we have to leave tomorrow morning and go to my in-laws because we have a ceremony we have do before I give birth. I’m honestly happy that buhle and her parents are out of our lives even though my family did a sloppy job when they got rid of them. Paul called me after mbuso left, when I heard it was his voice on the phone I hanged up and blocked his number.

I keep going to the closet and back again to our bedroom because I can’t carry many clothes at once. I could ask sis nonto to help me but I want to do it myself. I’m carry mbuso’s shoes when they slip and fall. Fuck, I could leave them there but I could trip on them and fall. I place the other three on the bed then hold on to the bed and bend down and take the one that fell. “ Are you done packing? ” it’s Preston. He’s been here the whole time and I can’t remember when was the last time he spent a night a his place. I like him and all but frankly I think I made a mistake but giving him a room at out house cause it seems like he has moved in and I don’t like that. No I know I don’t like that now. I take the damn shoe them slowly stand and turn to look at Preston. I almost gasp in shock but something tells to pretend that I didn’t see what I saw“ almost. Why? ” I ask him.

“ because you have been here in your bedroom for too long and I was beginning to get worried ” he says like he’s very concerned. “ I was just packing our clothes for the week. Are you coming with us? ” I look at him?. He shakes his head. “ I don’t think I am mbuso's favourite person right now and I think it’s best if I stay clear from him. ” good idea.

“ well you basically spoiled our surprise when you told  everyone about me carrying twins. You took that moment away from us Preston. It was wrong of you to say that! ” he sighs and sits on my bed. “ don’t sit on my bed. Sit on the couch. ” he looks at me surprised by the tone of my voice. “ you are angry at me too?. I’m sorry I did okay. I think it’s the wine that made me just blurt it out. ” he says and again I’m worried about him blabbing stuff out.

“ hmmm, it makes me wonder if you have not spilled our secrets to other people we don’t know about. ” he gasps at me shocked. “ you think that I have told other people things about your family?. ”  I stop packing, try to fold my arms on too my babies then look at him. “ well have you?. I mean you had four glasses of wine Preston then you blurted it out. If four glasses of wine can make you spill secrets then imagine if you were given something stronger?!. ”
“ well I have known this family for a few months and yes I have heard things and didn’t see many of them because the guys always exclude me but even if they didn’t, I wouldn’t tell anyone anything. I thought you knew me better than that. ” he sounds hurt and I still don’t buy it. “ do we really know you Preston other than you are a doctor and your family disowned you because you are gay? ” he gets up from the couch looking at me nervously.“ I think it’s best to go back to my place before we both say something that we will regret. ” he says.
“ what are you hiding Preston? Who are you? ” he looks at me and I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand. He won’t hurt me can he? I’m not alone in the house and there’s security outside. If I scream, they would come in here running. “ I’m going to go. I’ll see you.” He quickly leaves and I breath out deeply. I wasn’t even aware that I was holding my breath. I sit down and my heart is beating fast. Could I be wrong about Preston? And possibly have ruined our friendship?. I don’t know but my gut says otherwise.

I have to tell mbuso what I’m thinking and suspecting. He will know what to do and deal with it but one thing I know for sure is he would never let anyone close to me without checking them out first. I take my phone, leave the bedroom and go to the kitchen. Nonto is coming and the house smells amazing. “ what are we having for dinner? ”I ask her.

“ it’s a surprise luh. ” she says smiling. “ Preston told me to tell you that, he’s leaving and he doesn’t know when he will be back but he left a number here… for a doctor who will take over from him. ” what?, what is he running away from?. “ok sis nonto, I’ll call the doctor thank you. ” the door opens and it’s my husband. Nonto leaves the kitchen. He stands behind me then hugs me breathing out deeply.

“ love? Are you okay? ” he kisses my hair, forehead then turns the chair around and kisses me deeply. Something is wrong. I push him off me lightly “ talk to me. What’s wrong? ”

“ are you hungry? ” he asks me. I shake my head no. “ let’s go to our bedroom and I’ll tell you. ” he says. “ phakathwayo, sit down and let me plate up for you then we will go to our bedroom okay?. Let me feed you first. ” he goes to wash his hands and I get up and plate for him then put the food down in front of him. I take his fork, roll the spaghetti around the fork and brings it to his mouth. “ open ” I tell him. He smiles and my heart melts. He opens his mouth and I feed my husband, he feeds me too but I’m the one eating the most of the food. We are just silent, willing water and enjoying the spaghetti and meatballs. Nonto outdone herself cause the cheese just melts in your mouth. “ do you want more? ” he asks me.. “ no boo. I’m full. ” I drink my water and burp then giggle.

“ Then you are going to fart the whole night ” he says chuckling and I giggle. He takes the plates back then we go to our bedroom. I sit on the edge of the bed as he takes off his clothes. “ wanna shower with me? ”. “ I did an hour ago. ” he looks at me legs and bites his lips. Heat creeps up from my neck to my face. He still makes me blush.  He goes to the bathroom and showers. I think things didn’t go as planned between my brother and lesego. That’s why mbuso is like this. He must be worried about them. I look at the time and it’s almost 7:30pm. I’ll call sicelo tomorrow. I remove the continental pillows from the bed and duvet then leave only the light sheets and sleeping pillows.

I undress then get in bed. I don’t know if I should talk to mbuso now about Preston or wait till tomorrow. He comes in smelling really good and gets in bed behind me. “ how are my kids treating you? ” I turn and look at him. I palm his cheek and he kisses it “ talk to me mbuso. What happened there?. ”

“ The woman your brother loves had a hard life. Her family is shit and they treated her and her kids like shit love. The kids were crying and begging him not to take them back. They wanted to live with him. When we dropped them off love it was hard. I have never seen your brother crying but today I did. It was hard. He has this amazing connection with kagiso, the eldest. The boy loves him like he is his own father and kamo is the sweetest little angel. They love him. ” I smile as I watch mbuso talking about the kids cause he’s smiling too.

“ I’m glad my brother has finally found his one true love. I think the kids have all of you wrapped around their little fingers. ” I say giggling. He pecks my lips. “ you are going to love all of them. Lesego is not used to having people close to her love and she’s going to need you. Both her and sicelo are going to need you baby.” I nod.

“ I’ll be there for them boo. I promise. I can’t believe he met her like a few days ago and his life changed drastically just like that. It’s amazing how we meet our soul mates. ” I tell him. “ are they going to come to Pietermaritzburg for the cleansing ceremony?. ”

“ I think so. They love the house you found, why didn’t you furnish it? ”

“ I didn’t because it’s her home and she’s the one who is supposed to choose what she wants in her house and decorate it the way she wants. I couldn’t take that away from her. ” he nods. “ what’s really bothering you?. ” he sighs and looks up in the ceiling. “ seeing lesego’s kids made me think about what kind of man just leaves his kids just like that and not care what happens to them and their mother. How does he live with himself everyday and he calls himself a man?. I could never live my life without you and our kids. ” he turns and looks at me again. “ I will always protect you no matter what. From anyone and anything that threatens our happiness. I will die protecting you even from the other side. The thought of anyone hurting you and our kids makes me want to take you away from anyone so they can’t hurt you. I never want to experience what sicelo experienced today because it was really hard to watch. ”

“ I know you would do that for me, for us. Thank you for being there for my brother because I don’t know what he would have done without you not being there. ” he brushes my stomach. “ we are family luh. Don’t thank me. I will go out for everyone you love. He’s my brother too. ” I smile. Now is the time to tell him about Preston but he has already had a long day and I don’t want to add to that. I’ll tell him first thing in the morning.

“ baby? ” he says.

“ hmm? ”

“ are you okay?, you are way too quiet ” I can tell him what’s bothering me but first I have to be sure. Did Preston leave because of what I asked him or he left for good?. I mean sis nonto said he doesn’t know when he will be back and left a number for a doctor to check me out?. “ I am okay, I’m just thinking about lesego and the kids. ”

“ they have us now and they will be fine.” He says. “ can you tell me more about her? ”

“ I think it’s better that lesego is the one who will hopefully open up to you and tell you everything okay? ” I nod. “ when are we leaving? ” he asks.

“ Tuesday. Tomorrow is the last day for them to finish the remaining bathrooms. ”

 “ we’re you wearing only my T-shirt around them? ”

“ not if I wanted you to kill me. I wore it after they left.”

“ hmm. Where’s Preston? ” I shift and face away from him.

“ he went to his place. I don’t know when he’s going to be back ” he nods. “ did you guys have a fight or something? ”

“ No we didn’t. I am tired baby. ” I lie and I can feel his stare on the back of my head.

“ I’ll let it go for now. Tomorrow you’ll tell me what’s bothering you. Sleep love. ” I turn and face him. I give him a kiss then lay on his chest and sleep.

I Pat the bed and it’s empty, mbuso is not in bed and I’m pretty sure he is working. I really don’t feel like getting out of bed but I’m hungry and the noise is just driving me insane. The kitchen is the only thing left now to be renovated. I want to take a bath but I can’t coz the last time I tried I almost slipped and fell. If mbuso wasn’t there I could have hurt myself and our kids. I shower slowly, get done then wear my leggings and T-shirt. I leave our bedroom and greet the workers. I pass by mbuso’s office and he’s not there. I go to the kitchen and I see Preston having with mbuso. He’s back. “ good morning. ”

“ morning luh. ” president says.

“ Morning baby. ” I kiss him. “ I made you a fruit salad. ” I smile.

“ thank you boo. I’m going to sit outside. ” I tell him.

“ I will join you. ” Preston says. I look at mbuso and his phone rings.

“ I’ll join you outside. ” I take my fruit salad and go to the veranda and sit down. The wind is blowing so nicely but I’m still feeling hot.

“ you don’t look good? ”

“ I’m fine. I’m just feeling hot that’s all. I thought you left? ” I tell him.

“ I did but then I came back because you think k I’m hiding stuff from you and I’m not. Running away would mean that I’m hiding something. ”

“ hmmm. ” I say.

“ I’m going to get my back and check your blood pressure. When was the last time you felt the kids moving?. ”

“ this morning when I was showering, why? ”

“ and you’re uterus?, any pain around your waist? ” now that he mentions it I did feel slight pain. “ it was little pain. It comes and goes. ”

“ Sharp or burning? ” hmmm

“ sharp. ”

“ we need to go to my surgery for a scan. You’re almost eight months pregnant and the kids are supposed to be facing downward now preparing for birth. If not one or both of them could be abridged. ”

“ what?, no!. I want to give natural birth and  it caesarean birth. ”

“ Let’s go now!. ”

“ Let’s wait for mbuso. He will be done with his call now then we can all go.. ” he looks at me and smiles and again the hair on the back of my neck stand. Why the fuck did I not tell mbuso about what I saw and my suspicions?.

“ you are going to get up and we are quietly going to leave this house. If you scream or try anything stupid I am going to shoot you and those damn kids you’re carrying. ” he says and shows me his gun, getting up. I have never been this scared in my life. “ get up and let’s go. You’ll tell security at the gate that we are going to get some few things at the mall. ” I nod then get up and we leave through the back yard. I tell the security guys that we are going to the mall and we drive out.

“ where are you taking me? ” I ask him

“ far away. Where he will never find you. He doesn’t get to live happily ever after, after he destroyed my family. I am taking you away from him like how he took her from me. ” what?

“ he took who away from you? ”

“ you’ll ask him that when we get to our new place. ” he says and continues to drive. What is going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.8K 33
When a normal young woman living in Durban who works an ordinary job and lives a normal life meets a handsome young man who is the next king in a lin...
6K 325 35
They thought they could pull me down but they couldn't. They thought they will have the last laugh but who is having the last laugh now
IMPUMELELO By NateLamak

General Fiction

66.9K 5.6K 41
A young lady falls in love with a young man who loves her dearly. They adore each other and they will do anything to protect each other from anything...
14.3K 504 24
my story is about zulu culture it a culture which is most common in South Africa Amanda a small girl in the village who sometimes gets bullied beca...