"I know, but it's real" Mitch spoke up. "You better look up ways to carry three Grammy's and look picture perfect while doing so."

Avi chuckled nervously. "But I only won two so far and I have two hands, so I think I'm safe."

Scott shook his head. "I doubt it. And I-" he stopped when he felt his phone vibrate. "Ten minutes until you need to leave for the carpet, Avi."

Avi grimaced. "O-okay. He straightened the jacket of his suit and looked into the mirror, smiling when Mitch replied behind him with a lint remover. "Looking perfect" Mitch said and stepped aside.

"Thank you," Avi said and then turned to Scott. "I'll see you at the theatre?" 

Scott smiled. "I'll be there," he said. 

Avi smiled. "Good. Could you text Kevin? I feel like I should call him or anything, after all, it's his award, too. It's sad that he cannot be here."

Scott chuckled. "But he's going to be a father any day now, so I think he'll be fine" he explained. "But I'll text him."

"Good. Thank you." Avi leaned in and softly kissed his boyfriend. 

"Have fun on the red carpet" Scott said softly. 

"Not likely to happen, but I appreciate the thought" Avi replied. "Bye, Love. Bye, Mitch. I'll see you later."

~

"This is so amazing. We're at the Grammy's in the audience with the stars. Do you think we'll meet some stars?" 

Scott chuckled and looked around the theatre, hoping to see his boyfriend. "You already know one of them, the one who invited you by the way."

"I know, but I am thinking other dimensions, other genres. Maybe Beyoncé or Dua Lipa, I don't know" Mitch replied. "This is huge..."

Scott smiled. "Once you're a huge name in the fashion world you'll get used to it." He suddenly saw his boyfriend and waved him over. 

"Hey, how was the carpet?" Scott asked softly once Avi was there.

"A lot to take in. Apparently, once you have secured a price everyone is interested in you. So it was a lot of questions and pictures. But now I am done and looking forward to the ceremony. I'm glad that my category is early in the show and my performance comes later" Avi said and leaned up for a soft kiss, which caught Scott off guard. "Sorry, I felt like it." He looked past Scott to Mitch. "Everyone complimented the suit and I said it's made by you."

Mitch grinned. "Thank you." 

A while later the ceremony started. Avi's category was the second to be announced and as soon as they had awarded the first Grammy, Scott got visibly nervous.

"Stop, you're worse than I am" Avi whispered and took Scott's hand into his own, squeezed it softly. "I already won more than I thought I'd ever get, Scott."

"But you deserve it so much" Scott whispered back. 

"And now to present the award for Best American Roots Song one-time Grammy award winner Justin Vernon."

"Now I am nervous. I love his music" Avi mumbled. 

Scott kissed the back of his hand and held it when the nominees were read out. 

"And the Grammy for Best American Roots Song goes to... Avi Kaplan and Kevin Olusola for I'll Get By."

Avi knew that he had to do something. He had to get up and accept the award, but he felt as if he was paralysed. It was Scott who pulled him from his seat, hugged him tightly, said something and then pushed him towards the stage.