Going Home

Scott smiled when he heard Avi come outside the next morning. He had prepared breakfast while Avi had been in the bathroom, getting ready for the day. "How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

Avi smiled and sat down slowly. "It feels a little weird down there, but maybe that's just my imagination?" 

"It's definitely not your imagination," Scott said. "It's not unusual to feel a little sore the morning after, especially when your body isn't used to it."

Avi smiled at his boyfriend. "Good to know," he said. "I like this feeling, kind of?"   

Scott saw immediately that his boyfriend was blushing and he raised his hand and caressed his cheek. "No need to be shy or embarrassed."

"I'm not," Avi said. "I'm just happy with where I am right now. And looking forward to repeating last night. Maybe you can show me more ways to make love?"

Scott smiled. "Of course. We'll have enough time once we're back here." 

"Good," Avi said and then looked down on the plate in front of him. "They look nice!"

Scott smiled. "Thank you. I felt like having something sweet this morning and I actually know how to make pancakes" he explained. "Oh and the bunnies actually took every little bit of fruit we left out for them last night."

Avi chuckled. "Of course they did. They're hungry little creatures" he explained. "But at least we have some for breakfast. We definitely need to stop at the store on our way back here and stock up for a few days." He took a bite of the pancake and nodded. "They're really nice." 

"Thanks," Scott said. He took a sip of his tea and sighed softly. "I'm not ready to go back to the city. I don't think that I would be able to live here forever, but then again I like the quiet."

"I do, too. But we'll be back tomorrow."

~

Scott parked Mitch's car behind the apartment complex they lived in a few hours later and took his bag with dirty laundry inside the house. 

"Scott! You're home?" 

Scott smiled brightly when he heard his best friend's voice coming from the living room. "Hi!"

Mitch came into the hallway and hugged his best friend tight. "So good to have you home. How have you been?"

"Very good," Scott replied. "I really enjoyed my time with Avi. I'm... happy."

"I can see that," Mitch said. "What are the plans for today?"

"Hmm, I need to pack up a few things and Avi is staying with us tonight. But apart from that, I am free. We could do dinner together? The three of us?"

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "I'd love that."

"Do you have any plans today?" Scott wanted to know. 

"Not at all. I actually wanted to ask if you were up for a walk through the park and maybe a snack at the café?" Mitch asked. 

Scott nodded. "Sounds like a perfect plan. Let me just put down my stuff and go to the bathroom, then I'll be all yours."

The best friends walked through the park while catching up about the past days. 

"So you're going to be a nature boy?" Mitch said. "Picking berries and mushrooms while you hike through the woods?"

Scott chuckled. "I wouldn't mind that," he said. "But honestly, I just love being in nature with him. At first, I only went there because I knew how much he loves nature, but there's something very calm about it. I'll never be able to live in a cabin far away from everything, but it is so good to be there for a few days. And we're planning to go back tomorrow for a few days. I feel like we need some time away from the city where we can focus solely on us. I mean we've been together for quite a while now, but we've been on the road."

Mitch smiled. "I'm glad that you're taking the time you need," he said. 

"Yeah and-" Scott was cut off by his phone. 

"Avi?" Mitch asked with a smile on his face. 

Scott shook his head. "He's still in therapy," he said while he searched for his phone. "Esther."

"Hello, Esther."

"Hi, Scott. How are you?"

"Good. I'm out for a walk with Mitch" Scott replied.

"Oh, I won't bother you for too long then. I just wanted to ask you if you would be able to come to the office in the afternoon. Avi's management requested a meeting regarding the pictures and what that means, especially because they thought that Avi is married. Since you're in this as well, I would like you to be present because there might be decisions on a strategy which might influence you as well, so I thought it would be nice if you were present, too. And we still need to talk about your contract, if you still want the termination?" 

Scott was sure that he heard Esther smiling when she asked about the contract. "No, I do not want to terminate my contract. Thank you for keeping me from doing so. And of course, I'll come to the meeting. When do I have to be there?"

"We're meeting at 3.30," Esther said. "Would be lovely if you could make it. Do you need someone to pick you up?" 

"No, I'll be fine, thank you," Scott said. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Scott."

Scott put the phone away and smiled at his best friend. "I need to attend a meeting later on," he said. "But only at 3.30, so we'll have more than enough time to eat something and catch up."

"A meeting?" Mitch asked curiously. "I thought you were on vacation."

"Yeah, but with the pictures of Avi and me being out and his management not knowing about his divorce, there's probably a lot to talk about. I don't know, but Esther asked me to come, because it's about me, too." The blonde shrugged his shoulders. 

"Mmhm, and maybe it's good that you're there in case he starts to panic?" Mitch mused.

"Yeah. Even though he seems to get better at handling his anxiety. He had an attack during our talk and while I was ready to help him, he just got up and did the 5-4-3-2-1 technique and it worked so well for him" Scott said. 

"I'm glad," Mitch said. "He deserves to feel better."

"He does. And he's on a good way, thanks to the doctor and his will to be more comfortable with who he is" Scott said. 

"And thanks to your unconditional love, Scott," the smaller man said. "He couldn't have done it without you."

"You make it sound like I am his saviour when all I do is love him" Scott replied. 

Mitch just smiled. "Sometimes that's all it takes, Scotty." 

~~~~