Lunch

"Good morning, Esther" Scott greeted as he entered the small meeting room he and Esther had been working in together for the past days.

"Good morning, Scott. Are you ready to get on the road tomorrow?" Esther asked.

Scott nodded. "I think that I am. I feel like I know the schedule by heart now" he said. "And I am excited to see how professional video production works" he explained as he put down two cups of tea. "Here you are, my turn today" he said, hinting at the fact that Esther had brought tea each morning for the past two days.

"Thank you" the young woman said. "But as I told you yesterday, you'll just be managing everything behind the scenes. There will be a director and everything for the actual decisions." She sighed. "Oh I wish that I could come..."

Scott smiled. "Me too, honestly, but your doctor's appointment is more important. Your child is more important."

Esther nodded. "I could actually find out the gender tomorrow..." she said almost dreamy. "I mean not that I care, I only want my baby to be strong and healthy, but still..."

"I get that..." Scott replied. "The most important thing is the baby's health and your health, too. But knowing what you are expecting is wonderful, too."

"How are you so understanding, Scott?" Esther wanted to know.

Scott chuckled. "I am an uncle already. And a godfather of one of my nephews, Landon" he said proudly.

Esther grinned. "I can see you being an uncle" she said. "You'll probably spoil them rotten..."

Scott grinned. "Well I do. I'm not able to make huge presents right now, but I love spending time with them" he explained. 

"I think that time is the most important thing" Esther replied and took another sip of her tea. "Anyway... we should probably start working. What's on our to-do list?" 

Scott opened his laptop. "Well... this morning we need to make sure that everything is set for tomorrow. Catering, equipment, props and everything. And we need to make sure that everyone knows where they are going. Yeah, then it's lunch with Avi where we need to talk through everything, just so he knows what's happening. And after lunch, there's a meeting with the whole management regarding promo plans" he explained.

Esther nodded. "Good. So it's going to be a lot of phone calls..." she sighed. "Shall we split them up?"

Scott nodded, he was happy that she wasn't treating him as a stupid intern, but was actually putting him to work. "Sure. We'll be finished earlier that way."

Esther chuckled. "I love your way of thinking" she said and handed her mobile phone over to him. "Here, I'll get my office phone. Do we need to talk through everything?"

Scott shook his head. "Nope. Got the schedule and the numbers. I'll start with the catering" he said. 

Esther smiled at him. "Wonderful."

~

Two hours later they had finished phoning everyone involved and were going through the schedule once more. 

"Do we have the stones and the big sacks?" Scott asked as he looked through the schedule. 

Esther nodded. "They'll come with the rest of the equipment and props" she replied and stretched her arms over her head. "That's it. We checked everything at least three times. Nothing should go wrong tomorrow. And if there's anything, I'll be on standby so don't worry."

"That's good to know, thank you, Esther" Scott replied. 

"No, thank you, Scott. I feel better knowing that you're going to be there tomorrow" Esther said as she closed her laptop.

"Why's that?" Scott wanted to know.

But she just shrugged her shoulders. "Just because..." she started, but a soft knock on the door cut her off.

"Hi, it's just me, Avi."

Esther chuckled. "Come in, we just finished for the morning."

The musician entered the room, dressed in his usual black skinny jeans and a checkered shirt with the first four buttons open. "Good. Me too. And I'm ready for lunch." He hugged his sister tight. "Hi, Esther, how are you and the little one?"

"I am fine and about the little one I can tell you more tomorrow" the brunette woman replied with a bright smile on her face.

"Wonderful" Avi replied, before he turned to Scott. "Hello, Scott. So good to see you again." He hugged Scott as well, holding him for a moment.

"Hello Avi" replied Scott and breathed in. The bearded man smelled like coconut, something Scott didn't expect, but that fit him anyways. "How are you?"

"Fine. Been working on some new arrangements for tour this morning and now I'm hungry" Avi replied. "So... where are we going?"

"I would suggest the Thai place?" Esther said. "Do you like Thai, Scott?"

"Love it" Scott replied.

"Thai it is. Is it a business lunch?" Avi asked with a grin on his face.

Esther grinned. "Well we do need to talk through the video shoot once more and I am your manager, so we could make it one. Plus your expenses for lunches and dinners is basically non-existent and you don't drink coffee and bring your own tea..."

Avi chuckled. "I am just worried about Scotty's wallet..."

Scott blushed slightly. "Avi..."

"Oh I get it, Scott. Been there before. Don't worry, it's on the company, especially now that you're taking over so much of my work" Esther replied. "Now come on, let's go."

~

Once they had ordered their meals, Esther took out her notebook. "Okay Avi, there's not much we still need to talk about, it's just things I want to make sure..."

Avi nodded. "Let's get it over with so we can enjoy lunch."

"Outfit?"

"Got it. Fresh from the cleaners. Blue jeans, blue jeans jacket and the red shirt, comfy but nice shoes" Avi said.

Esther smiled. "Good. Address of the cabin?"

"Already in my phone, I need a little less than two hours to get there, so I'll leave at 6" Avi replied. "Do I drive there alone or do I pick up someone?"

"You can go there on your own... or... actually" Esther looked at Scott. "How are you getting there tomorrow, Scott?" 

"Errm..." Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I guess with everyone else? There are a few vans for the crew and I thought I'd just hop on one of them."

"Bullshit, they're leaving at 5 in the morning from the studio" Avi said. "I'll pick you up at 5.45 and I'll take you back home after the shoot. Perks are that I get to leave as soon as we're done filming."

Scott smiled slightly. Driving with Avi would mean about two hours more sleep plus a very comfy seat and good company. 

"I'll throw in dinner, too. I know a very good BBQ place that's basically on the way" Avi added. 

Esther chuckled. "I bet that he's already dreaming about the additional sleep he could get..."

Scott nodded and laughed. "Yes, definitely thinking about sleep. But I'll take dinner too if you're offering" he said.

Avi smirked back at him. "I definitely am" he replied and winked at Scott.

The blonde didn't know what to think of this gesture, but then remembered Mitch's suggestion that Avi could be flirting with him. But he wouldn't flirt with his sister sitting right next to them.

Or would he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: next one probably Thursday :)