Like a Hangover

"So basically I have to push my thesis back a few months and fly to LA for two exams..." Scott said as he looked through his schedule. They were sitting at Avi's dinner table.

Avi himself was lying on the sofa, dead asleep. He didn't even wake up when Scott got up and put a pillow under his head and a blanket over him.

"That means you have to pay another semester of tuition, right?" Esther asked.

Scott sighed. "Yeah... but it's worth it. I mean I am not only going to spend a lot of time with Avi, I hope that I can also learn a lot and have something to put on my CV."

Esther smiled. "We'll take care of the fees, don't worry. And of course, you will be paid for the time you're on tour with Avi. I'll take care of this at Fantasy first thing tomorrow. You might need to come in in the afternoon to sign some contracts, I don't know what position we're able to make you take, but you have experience in producing now and in management as well..." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Go home, Esther. You're tired, I can feel it" Scott said. "Sleep and then tomorrow we'll work on the rest."

Esther shook her head. "No, I cannot leave him alone..."

Scott took her hand and smiled. "You don't need to, Esther. I'll stay with him until he's feeling better."

"But he's my brother..." Esther said. "I should be there for him..."

"I get that Esther, but you're pregnant, you need to rest. I'll take care of him, you can trust me" Scott said once more. "I'll even stay the night if he wants me to."

That brought a smile to Esther's face. "Wouldn't be the first time, huh?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "No..." He smiled. "And I wouldn't mind it. I..." he looked over to the sofa where he only saw brown locks coming out from under the blanket. "He means a lot to me."

Esther nodded. "I know... and vice versa, I think..."

Scott furrowed his brows. "You think?"

"He's my brother, I cannot spill his secrets after all" she replied and got up. "Anyway, do you mind if I took your offer and went home? I really am tired and someone is lying on my bladder..."

Scott smiled at her. "Of course you can. I assume it might be a rough night with Avi and you need your sleep."

"Thank you..." Esther replied and took out her phone to call Darien who had gone home after he had made sure that Esther and Scott were okay to be alone with Avi. "He'll be here in thirty... enough time for a cup of tea?"

Scott smiled. "There's always time for a cup of tea if you ask me," he said. "Stay here, I'll get it."

~

Once Esther and Darien had left, Scott sat down on the other side of the sofa. He texted Mitch and explained the situation and the fact that he might be out of town to join Avi on tour.

Mitch, being the amazing friend he was just asked if Scott needed anything and promised to be on stand-by just in case.

Then, Scott put down his phone again and thought about what had happened in the past hours. His whole plan had been put upside down. Instead of focusing on his studies and writing his master's thesis, he would join Avi on tour, first for a month on the North American leg and maybe even to Europe a few weeks after that. He was both excited and scared about it, but he was sure that this was the right decision.

"Mmhm..."

When Scott heard the soft sounds coming from the other end of the sofa, looked up and smiled when he saw Avi stir and then open his eyes. "Avi..." he said softly because he wanted to let him know that he was there without making him startle.