Mushrooms

When Scott came downstairs after taking a hot shower, he smelled tea and bacon. "Oh, you're going all out,  hmm?"

Avi smiled. "Of course I am. Do you want to sit outside?"

Scott nodded. "Definitely. Maybe the bunnies are back?"

Avi chuckled. "They're still nocturnal and they won't stay outside just because you want to see them, Dear. They'll be back tonight."

"But I highly doubt that we'll be seeing them tonight, Love" he returned. "We'll be very busy."

"All night?" Avi asked with a soft smile on his face. "I mean I don't doubt that you won't be able to go all night, but..."

Scott stood behind his boyfriend and kissed his cheek softly. "We will need some time, Dear. I want to make sure that we'll proceed nice and slow. I want you to enjoy yourself."

Avi smiled. "I will enjoy myself, Scotty. If it will only feel half as good as what you did earlier. You really blew my mind." He put bacon and scrambled eggs on two plates while he was speaking.

"Thank you." Scott smiled slightly. "But honestly, your beard is probably my favourite sex toy ever."

Avi grinned. "Really? And I really wasn't sure whether I was good. I mean I'm still new at all this..." 

"We were all new at it at some point. And it is new with every partner you have, Avi. You have to get used to your lover, to what he likes and dislikes..." Scott explained. "We're figuring this out together. And if there is something I am doing wrong or something you want to try, I want us to talk about it, okay?" 

Avi nodded. "Of course. That's what I did, didn't I? When I asked you if you'd make love to me?"

Scott smiled. "You did," he said. "And I am so looking forward to it."

"Mmhm," Avi hummed. "But first: breakfast." He took the two plates. "Will you take the tea?"

"Of course."

~

After a nice and long breakfast, Scott and Avi left the cabin to take a walk. Since there was no one around, Avi took his boyfriend's hand immediately. He stopped often to show his boyfriend things and explained a lot of things to him.

"Oh wow, I think I'll never pick mushrooms on my own" Scott said as Avi showed him some similar-looking mushrooms and told him that one of them was poisonous. "That's so dangerous."

Avi nodded. "It is. But don't forget that I grew up doing all these things. My Dad taught me all about it. And if you know them, you'll spot the differences right away. Look..."

Scott watched as his boyfriend showed him all about the differences in the looks of the two different mushrooms. "I'm still leaving this to you" he commented. "But maybe we can go pick some together sometime? Like I could show you the ones I would pick and you can say yes or no?"

"That's how I learned it, too," Avi said. "We can do this. But not today, I want to make some meat today, maybe with some roasted veggies."

"Whatever you'll make will be so delicious. And dessert?" Scott asked. 

Avi grinned. "You have such a sweet tooth, Scotty," he said amused. "But I have an idea for dessert. You'll love it."

"Tell me?"

Avi shook his head. "Not at all. Maybe you'll be able to guess once we're in the store."

"Mmhm- ouch, shit." 

When he heard his boyfriend swear, Avi looked at him worried.  "What happened?" 

"Nothing, it's just that I feel any bigger sharp stone through my shoes" Scott explained. "And when I don't look where I am walking I cannot avoid them."

"You need hiking boots, Scotty. If you really want to go on longer trips, maybe to places which don't have really good paths. We should get you some as soon as we're back in LA. I know a nice store. We can get you some there and then you can slowly break them in on shorter walks before we go on bigger hikes? You'll spot the difference immediately" Avi said excitedly. "Maybe even around here? You could come back here with me and try them out?" 

Scott smiled slightly. "You're so adorable when you get excited about something."

"Did... am I being too much? You don't need to get new shoes, we-" Avi began, but Scott pushed him against a tree and silenced him with a kiss. 

"Scott-"

"Avi. You are never too much for me. I love it when you are excited about something" he explained with a soft smile on his face. "And you're right, I definitely need new boots for hiking with you." He kissed Avi once more. "You're wonderful."

Avi felt himself blush slowly, but he was just happy. "Thank you. So are you" he said softly. "How is your foot? Shall we head back to the cabin? We could have a little snack and then head out to the store?"

Scott nodded. "Yes, I'd like that," he said.

~

"What do we need? You said we're running low on food" Scott said as he pushed the shopping cart through the store. 

"Well it was a white lie so we could come here and get supplies,  but I could go for a good piece of meat and fresh veggies tonight. Oh and we need strawberries, maybe some raspberries and whatever fruits you'd like?" Avi said.

"Fruit for dessert? Don't get me wrong, I really like fruits, but dessert?" Scott asked. 

Avi sighed. "Trust me? So. Strawberries, raspberries, and?"

"Grapes would be nice?" Scott asked.

Avi grabbed some fruits, veggies and put them into the cart, then they proceeded to get meat and then headed to the toiletries section. "You pick," he said to Scott, sounding a little shy.

"If you want to, Love, you can definitely wait for me outside or so? If you don't want to get these things?" Scott asked softly, not wanting his boyfriend to feel bad.

Avi shook his head. "There are things I need to get used to. And one of them is picking up condoms for me and my boyfriend."

"I thought you like to order online?" Scott asked.

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "If I order them today I won't have them till I am back in LA" he explained. 

Scott smiled. "True," he said and looked at the rack, then grabbed a pack of condoms. "Do you have a preferred brand of lube?" 

Avi shook his head. "No. I always used what was there. I usually was at the other guys' place..." he explained. 

Scott smiled and took a bottle. "Good. Your condoms?" He noticed that Avi was uncomfortable with the situation. 

"These" Avi finally said and grabbed a pack as well, threw them into the cart. "Can we go now?"

"Of course," he said. "Do we need anything else?"

"Yes. Chocolate" Avi said. 

"Chocolate?" Scott asked.

Avi just grinned and nodded. "Yes, chocolate. Fruits alone would be too healthy, right?" 

"Chocolate fondue?" Scott said. "Are we making chocolate fondue?" 

Avi just smirked. "Maybe."

They proceeded to the checkout and put everything on the belt. Avi eyed the condoms and lube and the cashier, a middle-aged woman. Suddenly he felt unsure. 

"Avi? Do you want to go out for some fresh air? You don't seem to be too good" Scott said. 

Avi looked at his boyfriend and found himself nodding. "Yes, please," he said and fumbled for his wallet. 

"I got this" Scott said. "You go."

~~~~