Good Morning

Scott woke up feeling disoriented. He didn't know where he was, but he certainly wasn't at home. No. The sheets smelled different and the light came from the right side, not from the left as he was used to. And he wasn't alone. 

"Good morning, Scott. Please don't be scared, it's just me, Avi."

Scott slowly turned his head into the direction the voice came from. He didn't know what to expect and maybe he momentarily feared that he would be lying next to him, but he wasn't. Instead, the bearded man was sitting on the edge of the bed, fully dressed. "Morning..." Scott mumbled. "What happened last night?" 

"This idiot of a driver drove off as you were helping me get inside the house" Avi replied. "So I offered you tea and my guest room."

Scott nodded slowly. "Thanks, I guess."

Avi chuckled. "You're welcome. Now, I really hate doing this, but I am having dinner with my family in Visalia..." 

Scott sat up. "You need to leave... that's fine, I'll get dressed and call an uber." 

Avi shook his head. "Slowly. No need to hurry. There's always time for a cup of tea and a snack. I hope you like quesadillas?" 

Scott was still confused, but he nodded because any kind of food sounded good. "Thanks..." 

Avi smiled. "You're welcome, Scott. If you want to, you can take a shower... I can give you a pair of briefs, but I don't know if they would fit you..." 

Scott smiled. "A shower would definitely help me wake up," he said. "And fresh underwear sounds really nice as well. I feel filthy..."

"Of course," Avi said. "I might have some merch shirts lying around, I'll see if there's one in your size. "Tell you what: I go and put everything in the bathroom and you get up slowly. I brought some water and something if you feel nauseous or headachy. The bathroom is to your right. I'll leave the door open, you can't miss it. If you'll need me you'll find me downstairs."

"Thank you" Scott replied. 

Avi grinned at him. "You're still welcome," he said and left the room.

Scott took his time getting up. His head was pounding, but he didn't feel nauseous, so he drank some water and only took one of the pills. Once he felt safe on his feet, he got up and went into the bathroom, where he stepped under the huge rain shower. He used some of Avi's shower gel and shampoo and then stayed under the hot shower for another few minutes, just relaxing. Afterwards, he dried off and slipped into Avi's briefs which were a snug fit but okay. He also put on his own pants and the merch shirt Avi had got out for him. It was black with a mirrored mountain design and the words Avi Kaplan and I'll get by written on it. It was the perfect fit. Once he was finished, he went downstairs into the kitchen where Avi was washing his hands. 

"Oh, there you are. Feeling better after the shower?" 

Scott nodded. "I do," he said. "This shower was much needed. What are you doing there?" 

Avi smiled. "Just prepared the quesadillas. We just need to put them into the grill skillet for a few minutes." 

"You made them from scratch?" Scott asked surprised. 

"Of course I did" Avi replied. "One of my go-to recipes. Quick and easy. Do you want a cup of tea or something else?"

"Tea, please," Scott said. "Can I help?" 

"No, you just sit down, you are my guest today" Avi explained and got to work preparing two cups of tea. "Strong and black today, think we both might need it," he said as he put one of the cups in front of the blonde. 

"Oh yes" Scott replied and took a sip of the still-hot tea. "Oh wow, this really is a strong tea."

"That's the anti-hangover tea," Avi said almost jokingly. "I like to take it on tour as well, really gets me going after a rough night on the tour bus" he explained while he was busy putting the pan on the burning gas stove. 

"Do you like going on tour?" Scott asked. 

"Yes and no" Avi replied. He turned back around to Scott. "I love playing shows, but touring is tiring..."

"Because you can't be with your loved ones? With your wife?" Scott wanted to know. 

Avi looked down. "Yeah..."

Scott knew that he had hit a sore point. "Did something happen?" 

"Can I trust you, Scott?" Avi asked. 

Scott chuckled softly. "Of course you can."

"I don't have a wife anymore... I... got married to my High School sweetheart, but we got a divorce shortly after my career started. She's a lovely young woman and we still are friends, but love wise we just didn't work out" Avi said.

Scott furrowed his brows. "But why does everyone think that you are still  married?" 

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "It's easy," he said. "When I started and people asked about my relationship I just said that I am married but want to keep this part of my life private. And I just kept it this way. I am sorry that I didn't tell you the truth right away."

"That's okay, Avi. I am glad that you're telling me now. How would you be able to trust me when you first met me anyways..." The blonde said taking another sip of his tea.

Avi smiled slightly. "I couldn't that's true. But I feel that I can now. I thought you were doing this tea thing just to get me to like you, but you were just so real about it, so genuinely interested. And how hard you worked for my music even after you told me that you weren't interested in my music really showed me that you have a great personality."

Scott felt that he was blushing slightly. "Thank you..." he said softly. "But it helps that I really got to understand your music and to like it, too..."

"That's nice to hear" Avi replied as he started to grill the quesadillas. "You are very open-minded, Scott and I like that a lot about you. Not everyone is like that."

Scott just shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe it comes with my sexuality? I want to be accepted for who I am so it is up to me to accept everyone else. To me it comes naturally."

Avi sighed. "But it is not this way for everyone, Scott and you probably know that." He flipped the quesadillas before speaking up again. "I consider you a friend, Scott."

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: so... I hoped you enjoyed the daily updates this past week because I enjoyed writing for you. 

However, my vacay has ended and I need to report back to my part-time job tomorrow. So updates will get fewer. I thought about 2 new chapters per week, at least. One at the beginning and one towards the end. Days might change, due to work, but I can estimate when the next one will come unless something unexpectant happens. Next update will be on Tuesday!