Jamming

"It was a bad idea to go to the store at noon on a Friday. Just plain stupid" Scott said as he sat down in the car. 

Avi got in as well, chuckling softly. "Not my favourite either, but seriously, the alternative would've been to go back later, which would be even crazier or not eat anything until tomorrow."

"Both sound like a nightmare to me" Scott replied jokingly. "Now, I cannot wait to be back in the silence of your cabin."

Avi nodded. "Good. We're only fifteen minutes away." He steered the car out of the car park and grimaced when he saw the traffic. "Make that thirty."

Scott sighed. "Might as well turn on some music" he said and pulled out his phone and connected it to the speaker. "

"Good

"Any special wishes?"

"No not really. Just turn on whatever" Avi replied.

So Scott just hit shuffle on his favourite tracks and Avi smiled immediately when the first song was one by Beyoncé.

"You really like her music, don't you?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Well there has been a time where I wanted to work with her desperately" he simply said. "I still enjoy her music a lot, but I don't know if I'd want to work with her anymore."

"Not even if you had a chance?"

"I don't think so, she's my teen idol, I don't know if I could work with her and she definitely wouldn't want the stupid intern with her. I don't even know what I was thinking when I dreamt of working with her during my internship" Scott explained.

"You were dreaming that's it. And it's okay to dream. Without dreaming I wouldn't have become what I am today. I never knew that I could be famous with my music" Avi replied.

Scott chuckled. "Here we are now. you are famous and my nightmare turned into a new dream."

"That's so cheesy" Avi commented.

"It is, but-" Scott stopped there because the next song that came up was Adeline pt 2. He reached out to skip it, but faltered.

"You can leave it on if you want, I don't mind" Avi said softly.

"You don't mind?" Scott wanted to know.

Avi shook his head. "No. It's not an easy song but I like it nevertheless. It's one of the songs that come right from my heart. And while it comes from a dark place, I think it's still something good. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" Scott pointed out. "Did you ever think about publishing it?"

"I didn't write this song to record it and put it out for people to listen to it. Maybe I'd want to, in the future. Do you think I should publish it?" Avi wanted to know.

"Definitely. It's a sad song, but it is so beautiful. It is the perfect companion piece to the first Adeline. Even if you were sad and thinking that you needed to finish our relationship, you still managed to create a work of art. Once you feel ready we could work on it, if you want to?"

Avi smiled. "That sounds like a wonderful plan. let's put this song on number two on our list songs to work on."

Scott furrowed his brows. "Only number two?"

Avi grinned and nodded. "Yes because your song is my number one. The one you wrote for your nephew."

Scott felt the blush rise in his cheeks. "If you say so" he said.

Avi nodded. "I say so."

~

Once they arrived at the cabin, Scott and Avi unloaded the car and put away the groceries.

"What do you want to do with the rest of the day?" the bearded men asked as he was preparing two cups of tea.

"A little walk maybe? I kind of want to try out the new boots. Maybe we could even try and get some mushrooms for dinner?" Scott offered.

"Sure why not, my little nature boy" Avi replied with a grin on his face.

So they did exactly that. They took a long walk through the surrounding forest, stopping every now and then to pick some mushrooms, which they had for dinner together with some meat and potatoes.

After dinner, they sat down on the veranda. Avi had his guitar with him and they jammed a little bit while drinking white wine and watching the bunnies.

"You have such a beautiful voice Scott" Avi noted as he had listened to him sing Robyn's Dancing on My Own. 

"Thank you. I'm always the first one up when it comes to karaoke" Scott joked. 

But Avi shook his head. "No, I really mean it, Scotty. Your voice is beautiful. Did you ever think about using it professionally? Make your own music?" 

Scott shook his head. "No... not really. So far I only used it for fun, because I really love singing. And of course when we had to record demos for the songs we wrote at university. Usually I would go in and record for other groups as well, because they loved how my voice sounded." He shrugged his shoulders. "But becoming a true musician? I never knew that it could be for me. And even right now I am not sure. I mean I would need to work on my own material, but I never had time or inspiration. And I would find a genre that I like and I feel that I am not there right now."

"Well" Avi began. "The option is there. I have a home studio, so if you want to try yourself out, you're always invited."

Scott smiled. "Thank you. But that's for the future. For now I am happy to be here with you."

Avi nodded. "Yeah, me too. I am happy, Love. So happy to have you with me. And I am glad that we get to have 3 more weeks before we are leaving for Europe."

"Yeah..." Scott sighed. "I am looking forward to it. This is my first trip to Europe..."

Avi nodded. "It's different than an American tour for obvious reasons. We won't have a real tourbus for example, therefore we'll have hotels for each night, which is a plus. And there are a lot of different countries and of course a lot of different foods we have to try. Like true Italian pizza, paella and tapas in Spain or German sauerkraut with sausages."

Scott couldn't help but laugh at that. "Of course you make it all about food" he said. 

"Food is important! It's a huge part of culture" Avi argued. 

"If you say so..."

"Mmhm I do" Avi returned. "And do you know what else is great about touring Europe?"

Scott shook his head. "You'll tell me, hmm?"

"I'm not as known there and with our relationship being official now we can go on real dates on off days" Avi said. "And I am so looking forward!"

Scott smiled fondly. "I am, too" he said and leaned in for a soft kiss.

~~~~