Stay

"I missed this so much," Avi said.

The two men were lying on the sofa, their arms and legs tangled up.

The bearded man had his head on his boyfriend's chest and had his eyes closed.

"So did I" Scott replied and combed his hand through Avi's tousled hair.

"Hmmm..." Avi hummed. "How long are you staying?"

Scott sighed. "I don't know. I mean I have Mitch's car and I don't know when he needs it back."

Avi nodded. "Did you bring clothes?"

Scott chuckled. "Of course I did. My bag is still in the car, though, I didn't want to bring it in..."

"I get that" Avi said. "But maybe..."

"Tell you what. I'll call Mitchy and ask him and then I get the bags, okay?" Avi asked.

"Mmhm... we could bring the car home and come back?" Avi offered. "I'm not ready to let you go, yet."

"I'll ask him." When Avi didn't move, Scott softly nudged him. "I left my phone in my jacket."

"Fine" Avi grumbled. "I might start on food, don't think I didn't hear your tummy rumble." He got up and stretched his arms. "Oh wow, five minutes more and I would've been asleep."

"I noticed" Scott returned as he got up as well. "Thank you for cooking, I'm actually rather hungry."

Avi got on his toes to peck Scott's lips. "Wonderful, tell Mitch I said 'hi'."

"I will." Scott went to get his phone while Avi was off to the kitchen to start cooking.

Scott got back into the living room and sat down on the sofa to call his best friend. He didn't need to wait long for him to accept the call.

"Hello, Scotty."

"Hi, Mitchy. How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you? How is Avi?"

Scott smiled slightly. "Me and my boyfriend are doing just fine."

Mitch chuckled softly. "I didn't want to say it this morning, but I knew it. How are you feeling about it?"

"Very good. I'm sure that this was the right decision. We talked about everything and then snuggled up on the sofa. Right now he's making some food for us" Scott explained. "It just feels so good, Mitch. I feel at home with him."

"That's good, Scott. I'm happy for you. Both of you. What's the plan now?"

"Well, that's actually why I am calling you, Mitchy. I was planning to stay here, at least for a few days..." Scott began.

"Oh I don't mind," Mitch said. "I don't need my car until Friday."

"That's fine. Avi needs to be back in LA on Thursday, I'll just drive home then, too."

"Wonderful. How's the cabin? Is it really just a hut kind of thing?"

Scott chuckled. "Not at all. It's not that big, that's true. But enough space. I haven't seen the first floor, yet, but I'm sitting in the living room right now and it's just wonderful" he explained. "Oh, and we don't have internet connection here. And no TV."

"That sounds like a nightmare to me, but it fits Avi. I just hope you brought condoms" Mitch joked.

"Oh, the phone reception isn't the best either..." Scott shot back.

"Girl you understood me," Mitch said. "Anyway. I gotta run, I have a meeting coming up and the boss can't be late."

"Of course. I'll see you on Thursday. Bye, Mitchy."