Trying not to Panic

Scott held his boyfriend until he had calmed down enough to talk. "Avi?"

"I... the soundcheck," Avi said and tried to get out of Scott's arms, but the blonde just held on.

"I'm not letting you go, Avi. You've been on the brink of a panic attack and I feel that you're still there" Scott said softly.

"No, I need..."

"What you need right now is some peace of mind" Scott tried again. "I'm here for you." He pressed a soft kiss onto his boyfriend's temple.

"I know that you are," Avi replied. "And I appreciate it so much. But you have to understand that this is my work. I need to push aside the feelings for thirty minutes until we're finished with soundcheck. I feel like crap, but it happens and..." he stopped and drew in a shaky breath. "Life has to go on."

"Avi..." Scott said softly, he still wasn't happy about everything. But he knew that Avi was right. He needed to go back to work, at least for thirty minutes. "Promise me that we'll talk after soundcheck?"

Avi nodded. "Please." He looked down on the floor. "I..."

Scott kissed his temple softly. "I know. I'll be there for you."

"Thank you," the bearded man said and then got up. "Can you let everyone know? I'll go to the bathroom and then I'll be ready."

"Of course, Dear" Scott replied and then left the room feeling a little unwell. Still, Avi had been right, they had work to do before they could focus on Avi's issues.

The blonde walked over to the other dressing room where he left Kaleb with the journalists. But they weren't there. He walked towards the stage and found Kaleb and Noah there. They were checking the guitars and everything, while the journalists were nowhere to be seen.

"Hi," Scott said. "Avi will be ready in five, where are the journalists?"

"They're over in the bar, having something to eat. I had hoped that you'd be... finished by the time they got back" Kaleb said softly. "How is he?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Coping," he said.

"Is it his anxiety?" Noah wanted to know.

Scott nodded. "I feel like he is standing on the edge of a panic attack, but he's trying so hard to not give in. Once we're finished here, I'll try my very best to get him into a different state of mind before the concert."

"Okay... if you need help, just ask us," Noah said. "We've seen him go through it before."

Kaleb smiled slightly and looked around before he spoke up. "I don't doubt that Scott will be able to take care of Avi." He looked at the blonde and chuckled. "Don't look that surprised. Do you really think that we don't know about you?"

"Kaleb, I..."

"We know that you're dating, Noah and I" Kaleb spoke up again. We didn't want to tell Avi, because we don't know how he would react with his anxiety issues and everything."

Scott took a deep breath. "I... don't know what to say. I mean you do think it's fine, though?"

Kaleb chuckled. "That Avi likes men and that you're a couple? I'm all for it. As long as you're happy."

Scott smiled. "Thank you," he said. "We should tell him soon, maybe it'll help him see that coming out doesn't need to go bad."

"Good," Kaleb said and cleared his throat when he saw Avi walk on the stage.

Scott turned around to him and smiled, even though he noticed the red-rimmed eyes on him, but also the determination in them. "Kaleb, do I need to get the journalists?"