Therapy Call

Once the blonde had finished the song he fell silent. He thought that his boyfriend was fast asleep, judged by how calm he was breathing.

"That was beautiful..."

Scott was taken aback when he heard Avi's soft voice.

"You should record this song... like professionally" the musician continued.

Scott chuckled softly. "You're the singer, not me. I'm happy being your producer. But I would love to hear you sing it, to be honest. Your deep, calming voice would fit it perfectly."

"Hmm... maybe. But only with you. It's your song, after all and you'll decide what we'll do with it, okay?" Avi asked. "If we're both confident about it, I might even put it on my next album."

"You're kidding me" Scott said, surprised.

"I'm not." Avi looked up at his boyfriend. "Love, this is a beautiful song, I would be honored to sing it."

"Thank you" Scott replied. "I would be honored to have you sing it."

Avi smiled. "Tell you what. Once we're back home, we'll go into my little studio in the basement and record a demo version? Just play around with it? Would that be something you'd like?"

"I would love it. There are only a few things better than making music with you" Scott confirmed. He leaned down and softly kissed his boyfriend's forehead. He was glad that Avi was in a good state of mind and not anxious about the upcoming phone call with the therapist.

"Mmhm, it's a date" Avi said.

Scott wanted to return something, but his phone rang just in that moment. It was Mitch.

"Hey Mitchy, what's up?"

"Scotty, hi. I just wanted to let you know that the doc has a free slot in thirty minutes after my session with her. It would be nice if you had a laptop set up with Skype running on it. I'll text you her contact information in a moment."

"That's good news. Thank you for organising this for us, Mitchy. I'll talk to you later."

Scott hung up and looked down at Avi, who was getting visibly antsy. "Love?"

Avi took a deep breath. "I'm okay," he said. "Just... nervous."

Scott smiled. "That's alright. As long as you know that she's not there to judge you, but to help you..."

"I know. And I really want her help" Avi said. "How long until the call?"

"Thirty minutes. Well twenty, I want to have some time to set everything up, make fresh tea" Scott said.

"Mmhm... can we talk about something else? Like... what would you like to do with your song?" Avi asked. "If I were to record a version."

"Well..." Scott cleared his throat. "It definitely needs to have the quality of a lullaby. Like... something you would have Esther play for your niece. Still, it has to be your song. I was thinking maybe soft guitar music, like Quarter Past Four combined with your voice?"

Avi nodded. "That sounds like a plan. I loved your piano arrangement, too and it's been awhile since I worked with a piano, I usually use guitars."

Scott hummed. "But we could try out both? The guitar and the piano? If you have one that is?"

"I do have a rather good electric piano" Avi said. "I can't wait to try this out."

They talked about future plans and this and that for a while until it was time to get everything ready.