BBQ

"What? You're making that much? For the whole tour?" Mitch asked his best friend completely gobsmacked. The two men were sitting at their dining table together, having a cup of tea and coffee together. A day had passed and after Scott had spent the day with Avi, he had made it home late that night, after making sure that Avi was okay without him. Now he was enjoying the morning with his best friend before they would head out to the mall to buy a few things for the upcoming tour and then they had an invitation for a BBQ at Avi's place.

"That's what I thought, but apparently it's per month. And the tour is two months. At least the American leg. We haven't talked about the European leg, yet, but I doubt that Kevin will be ready to join in three months." He shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his tea. "But I think we'll talk about it after this first leg."

"Hmm... I get that" Mitch said. "Apart from that any news?"

Scott hadn't told him about the fact that he and Avi were boyfriends now, the night before Mitch was already in bed and he didn't want to tell him via text, so he just said that he would stay with Avi for the day to help him with his anxiety hangover.

And it had been a much needed day for Avi. Esther had stayed for a while and they had talked about everything tour related so Scott knew what he would be expecting. They had also booked flights for the two times Scott had to go home for exams and Avi had taken the fact that he would be alone for a while quite well.

After Esther had left, Scott had offered to go to the store for Avi, because he was running low on food. He hadn't wanted him to suffer from being surrounded by too many people, but Avi had disagreed, saying that he liked grocery shopping.

So they went together and this is when Avi decided he wanted to have a little BBQ, just with Scott, Mitch, Esther and Darien. Kevin couldn't come, but Avi had already made plans to visit him.

After their grocery trip, they cooked curry with homemade Naan and had some ice cream afterwards, before getting comfortable on the sofa with a Harry Potter movie playing in the background.

It had been a very nice day and Scott hadn't wanted to leave Avi, but the musician told him to go home, that he would be alright on his own.

"Scott? Scotty?"

"Hmm?"

"You were so lost in your thoughts," Mitch said with a grin on his face. "So... what's the news?"

Scott smiled at his best friend. "Well... during breakfast Avi... he told me that he fell in love with me and... later in front of Esther, he called me his boyfriend. I am just so happy, Mitch. I know that tour won't be easy on us because he is not ready to tell anyone but his closest friends and family, but that he confirmed it in front of Esther just blew my mind. He is wonderful and I feel that with time he'll grow more confident in himself. But for now, I'm high up on cloud no. 9 and I'm happy there."

Mitch chuckled. "I'm happy for you and Avi. Really happy."

"Mmhm, also I thought you knew because he told me that he called you?" Scott asked.

Mitch smiled. He was glad that Avi was so open about getting help if needed and not feeling bad about it anymore. "Mmhm, he did. He just needed some reassurance before telling you. And while I didn't tell him you had feelings for him, obviously, I made sure that he knew that he didn't need to worry about you" Mitch replied. "I hope that I didn't overstep?"

Scott chuckled. "You didn't" he replied. "I am so glad that you helped him. That he wanted your help, too. I thought about asking him, but I didn't know how he was feeling after his anxiety. I would've waited for our next date night, but this here is even better..." He sighed and emptied his tea. "At least this way we have some more time before going on the road together..."

"Yeah, the tour. Did you already make a list of things you have to get from the mall?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, mainly clothes. Esther said to pack two weeks worth of clothes. She said there would be opportunities to get them washed in hotels on days off, but better safe than sorry. Avi advised me to have a suitcase and an additional overnight bag if we only need to get off the bus for one night and I don't own a suitcase which is big enough and my only duffel bag is broken so I guess I need both."

Mitch chuckled. "So a shopping spree it is. Count me in!"

~

After taking the majority of the morning to get the necessary things, Mitch and Scott took an uber over to Avi's place to attend the little BBQ party.

Avi opened them the door and Mitch was the first to step up to him. "Hey, Avi. So good to see you again. Scott told me you're harding BBQ sauces so I thought I'd bring some from my childhood. Not technically, because that wouldn't taste nice, but you get the gist..." Mitch said and handed Avi a little package with four sauces.

"Thank you, Mitch," the bearded man said and then pulled Mitch in for a tight hug. "Thank you," he said once again and Mitch knew immediately that Avi wasn't just thanking him for the sauces.

"You're welcome," Mitch said. "Always welcome." Once Avi had let go of him, he walked through into the house to where he heard Esther's voice. "Esther, my favourite pregnant lady!"

Avi chuckled and then turned back to Scott. "Hey, Scott..."

Scott smiled back at him. "Hi, Avi," he said softly and leaned in for a soft kiss. "How are you?" He asked afterwards.

"Really good. I spent most of the day listening to music and preparing food and it was very calming" Avi replied immediately. "You?"

"I spent the day in the mall" Scott replied with a grin on his face. "Organising everything for the tour."

"Hmm, that's good. I mean we have only four days until we leaving for Nashville..." Avi sighed softly. "But I'm used to packing and everything, so I only start line the day before. But I reckon for you it will be overwhelming at first."

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I've actually written a list of things I need so I'll just work my way through it and hope that I'll be fine..."

"You'll be fine. And there's a lot of people if you forget something, someone will be able to help you out."

"Mmhm" Scott hummed. "Shall we go and join the others?"

Avi grinned. "Not before I am able to steal another kiss..."

Scott grinned. "No need to steal, you just have to ask nicely" he replied.

But Avi just slung his arms around Scott's neck and pulled the blonde man down so he could kiss him once again.

Once they had finally parted, they went inside and joined Esther, Mitch and Darien who were sitting at the table, talking.

"Look who's finally made it out here" Mitch joked. "I thought you'd spend the evening making out in the hallway..."

Scott grinned at his best friend. "Jealous?"

But the smaller man just shook his head. "I'm still in a happy relationship with fashion and Chardonnay and you know it" he shot back.

Scott grinned. "I know, I know." He leaned down and hugged Esther and Darien swiftly. "So good to see you once again before we leave."

"I agree. This BBQ was a great idea from Avi, especially because this is the first time I won't join on the tour" Esther said softly.

"For a good reason," Avi replied with a smile on his face. "You have to take care of my niece after all."

Esther out a hand onto her growing belly and nodded. "Yeah," she said.

"You'll take care of the small baby girl and I take care of the big baby over here..." Scott joked and then squealed when Avi tickled his sides.

"Stop it."

Avi chuckled and let go of him. "You can be glad that I like you," he said and pecked his cheek before he went over to the grill to check the meat.

Scott looked at him with a smile on his face. Yes, he was glad that Avi liked him. Very glad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~