Teasing

"Errrm..." Scott said looking to Avi and then back to Mitch. He didn't know how to react and also didn't know how Avi would react to his best friend.

"I'm sorry, that's partly my fault, I guess..." the bearded man spoke up. "I'm Avi. Avi Kaplan. We had one too many shots of Bourbon last night and the uber driver left when Scott helped me into my house so he stayed the night."

Mitch raised an eyebrow and looked at Scott, who just nodded.

"Yeah, he offered me his guest room and it was either that or walking home drunk" Scott replied. "My phone died and I didn't have my charger, didn't think about it either."

A soft smile crept onto Mitch's face. "Alright." He then turned to Avi. "I'm Mitch, Scott's best friend."

Avi chuckled. "I know. Scott told me a lot about you..."

"Only good things, I hope" Mitch replied.

Avi nodded and smiled slightly. "Yes."

"Anyway, this is our little place, not big, but it's enough..." Scott said. "Bathroom is to the left, Mitch's room next to it, mine is on the right and right through is our open kitchen and living room."

"It looks cosy" Avi said. "Reminds me of my first apartment here in the city. It was just one room, a tiny kitchen and bathroom, but it was enough. Even though I don't miss it."

Scott chuckled. "I really get that. Your house really is nice, especially the garden" he replied. "Do you want to have a cup of tea or anything else or do you need to leave immediately?"

"I should get going, but thank you. So erm, I'll use the bathroom and then I'll be on my way" Avi said and went into the bathroom. 

Mitch smirked at his best friend. "Guest room, huh?"

Scott nodded. "Guest room."

Mitch still grinned. "Nice shirt you're wearing."

"Mmhm, it's merch. Avi gave it to me because after wearing mine for one day and one night it was just filthy..." Scott explained, rolling his eyes when he saw the smug grin on his best friend's face.  "Because I slept in it, idiot." He put his bag into his room and took off his shoes.

"Yeah right..." Mitch said lamely but decided not today anything else because at this moment Avi stepped out of the bathroom.

"Thank you, Scott and Mitch, that was much needed. I'll be on my way now" the musician said.

"Alright," Mitch replied. "It was lovely meeting you and I really hope that we'll see each other again," he said and walked back into his room to grant the other two men some privacy.

"Thank you once more for letting me stay at your place and for the snack," Scott said.

Avi smiled. "That's the least I could've done. Anyway, we'll see each other next week. You are coming to the video shoot?"

Scott nodded. "I am. I think I'll even be involved in some organisational stuff beforehand..."

"Probably, this is all Esther will do next week. You always think you have everything ready when it comes to a shoot, but then again there's always something unexpected happening." He shrugged his shoulders. "But she always manages."

Scott smiled. "Well I am glad I can learn from her then" he replied. "So I'll see you on Thursday?"

"At latest" Avi replied. "I don't know much about my schedule next week. Probably a lot of promo and preparations for the release, then I am meeting up with the musicians who will go on tour with me to plan the setlist and everything. So there's at least some music..."

Scott noticed that Avi sounded a bit annoyed when he mentioned promo and release, so he took his hand. "I get that it's stressful for you, but the world needs to know that you created a few masterpieces. So go out there and be proud. And if it gets too much... You've got friends, okay?"

Avi nodded. "Friends. Thank you, Scott. I'll see you around. He stepped closer and hugged the taller man tight, holding on to him a bit longer.

Scott was surprised but put his arms around the musician, either way, holding him for a moment. "You're welcome, Avi. Enjoy the time with your family, you deserve it."

"I will." Avi let go of him again and smiled. "Bye, Scott."

"Bye, Avi." Scott waited until Avi had left their apartment and then walked into the kitchen where he made himself a cup of tea. 

Mitch came out of his room a few minutes later and set down on one of the barstools. 

"Tea?" Scott asked. 

Mitch shook his head. "No. Definitely not" he replied. "Just had coffee."

Scott shrugged his shoulders and took a sip. "You don't know what you're missing" he said.

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "What I am missing right now is how you went from Avi the moody musician to going out and staying the night."

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I really don't know, Mitch. We... just talked a lot. During a tea break in the studio yesterday and then he invited me out. It was Kevin, him and me. We had Bourbon and wine and we got really drunk so Kevin put us in an uber. We first went to him and then the driver was supposed to bring me here, but he drove off when I was helping him into his house. We had some tea and then he offered me his guest room. This morning he made quesadillas, gave me fresh clothes and then we just talked. He told me a few very private things and called me a friend." 

"Friend... hat sounds good" Mitch replied. "Did you meet his wife?" 

Scott sighed. "I didn't... he lives alone."

Mitch furrowed his brows. "Why? Are they divorced?" 

"Don't tell anyone, please, Mitchy. He trusts me" Scott said. "I really feel like he is a very sensitive soul and I want to be a good friend for him."

"You can always trust me." Mitch smiled at his best friend. "Don't try too hard, Scott. You are a wonderful friend to me and you'll be a wonderful friend to Avi."

Scott smiled. "Thank you. And we are getting closer... he invited me over for a BBQ and some drinks in his garden..." 

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "That sounds awfully like he's inviting you to a date..." he mused. "I mean..."

Scott chuckled. "No, I don't think so" he replied. "I mean, yesterday I told him about my sexuality and if he was into men, he would have told me."

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "Or he knows now that he can actually flirt with you" he explained. "In any way, I am glad that you and Avi are getting closer. Working with him will now probably be much easier..."

"Yeah now that we're done with the music..." Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Anyway, there are more fun things coming up. I'll be on my first video shoot next week..." 

"So you are now looking more into the management thing?" Mitch asked. 

Scott nodded. "Yes, I am... and I am looking forward to it, but I will definitely miss working with Avi and Kevin in the studio..." he replied. 

Mitch smiled. "Maybe you have found your passion already..."

"Maybe" Scott sighed. "Right now I am just glad that I accepted working at Fantasy. It really is a wonderful place to work at..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: next one will probably be up on Sunday :)