Epilogue II

"How do I look?" Avi asked softly. He was standing in front of the mirror in a hotel room near the Staples Centre where the telecast of the Grammys would take place. Since he would also be performing his rendition of lean on me to honour the late Bill Withers, he wasn't able to attend the premiere ceremony. Of course, he wanted to know if he had won, so the ceremony was running on the big screen.

Scott, who was brushing his shoes once more, smiled over at his boyfriend. "You know that you're always beautiful to me" he replied.

Avi rolled his eyes playfully. "You're not helping. Mitch?"

"Coming right up." The smaller brunette came out of the bathroom dressed only in his pants. "What is it?"

"Do I look okay, Mitch?"

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "I custom made the suit for you and you're asking me if you look okay?" He shook his head. "You look so handsome, Avi. if you weren't taken..."

"Hey, that man is mine" Scott interfered and turned around to look at the bearded man. "That suit looks so good on you. I honestly don't know if I want you to take it off tonight or don't." He smirked.

"Don't you get any ideas, Scotty. I'll be so tired from all the socialising." Avi sighed. "But then again I am also looking forward to the evening."

Mitch smiled. "Especially because one of your categories will be announced during the live show. That's so great."

"Yeah, and I wouldn't mind not winning it. I don't know if I'm comfortable to go on this huge stage to accept the award and I'll be expected to say a few words." He shrugged his shoulders. "But I'll be ok."

"It's going to be wonderful, Avi. You're wearing this beautiful suit, your mane is all perfect and your beard looks majestic. And if something happens, I won't be far away, okay?" Scott said softly. "The only thing you have to do on your own is the red carpet, but I'll be right inside the theatre waiting for you."

Avi nodded. "I know. It will be stressful, but I have prepared for this day with Doc Alex. I'll be alright." He pecked Scott's lips and turned back to the mirror. "I love this suit so much, Mitch. The light pointy accents on the lapel and the studs on the collar of the shirt... I wasn't sure when Scott said you'd take care of our clothes, but you have the gift of sensing what other people would like."

Mitch chuckled. "What did you think? That I would take some of my garments and put you into it? No. If you commission an outfit, you get an outfit you feel comfortable in." He looked over to the screen and gasped. "Avi it's American Roots, right? It's up next!"

Avi turned to the screen and gasped when he heard his name along with the nominees for best album. Scott was quick to join him and took his hand. "I love you no matter what," Scott said softly.

"And the Grammy goes to... I'll Get By by Avi Kaplan, produced by Kevin Olusola."

Avi didn't comprehend it at first, but when Scott hugged him tight and pressed a kiss onto his cheek, he realised that he had indeed won his first Grammy. "No..."

Scott smiled brightly. "Yes, Avi. That's the first one!"

"I'm... I don't know what to say" Avi shook his head.

"Congratulations, Avi. You deserve this award so much" Scott said.

"Thank you, I... wow." Avi looked back at the screen where they announced the award for the best performance.

"And this Grammy goes to... Avi Kaplan for I'll Get By." 

"This is crazy..." Avi just said over and over again when he was hugged tightly first by his boyfriend and then by Mitch as well.