Mitch

Avi looked after Scott until he had entered the building and then was just lost in his thoughts. He had wanted to listen to the news, but they were just quietly running in the background as he thought about the last night and especially the morning.

Scott really wanted to date him. And there was a big part of Avi who wanted to date the blonde, as well.

Still, there was a voice inside him, that told him that it would be a bad idea and that Scott wouldn't want to be with him in the long run. Avi hated that he was feeling this way, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to feel different, but he knew that getting there would be a process. And of course, Scott wanted to be there for him, wanted to wait for him.

But Avi wasn't sure if he wanted to be such a burden.

A knock on the window pulled Avi out of his thoughts. He looked to his right and smiled slightly when he saw Scott's best friend waving at him.

He smiled back at him and opened the window on the passenger side. "Good morning, Mitch" he greeted politely.

"Good morning, Avi" Mitch greeted back.

"Erm, Scott just went inside..."

"I know, I think I saw him rush into the elevator when I was walking downstairs. Just wanted to know how you are doing..."

Avi furrowed his brows. "Fine..."

Mitch raised one of his eyebrows and then, without asking Avi, got into the car and sat down in the passenger seat. "As someone who is dealing with anxiety and has been to a lot of group therapies, I just know that something is up with you."

Avi sighed. "Scott told you?"

Mitch smiled slightly and shook his head. "He didn't have to. I just knew it. So it's true?"

Avi nodded. "Yeah. Social anxiety. He told me that you were dealing with it, too?"

"Yeah... I've been worse, but I still have my moments, but Scott is always there..." Mitch explained. "Whatever it is, you can trust him."

"I know now" Avi explained. "I have a hard time trusting people when I get to know them. I tend to be cold, it's some sort of defence mechanism."

"I have mine, too. I used to run away from situations. The number of times Scott had to come and get me out of some bathroom or closet because I had an attack... I stopped counting" Mitch sighed. "But he always came. No questions asked."

"He's a wonderful friend" Avi replied.

Mitch nodded. "That he is. And he likes you a lot."

Avi blushed slightly. "I..."

"Hmm?"

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know if I want to be with him if I can be with him. I'm not out and I don't know if I can go through all of this, even with Scott at his side and... I don't want to be a burden for him. He's a great guy and he deserves a good man" he said. "Urgh, I don't know why I just told you all of this, sorry..."

Mitch smiled. "It's fine, Avi. I am glad that you told me. I'm on your side. Even though social anxiety is different for everyone, I get you" he explained. "And regarding your feelings towards Scott. Whatever it is, try it out. You are not a burden. Believe me, Avi."

Avi took a deep breath. "I'll think about it, Mitch."

Mitch smiled and nodded. "Good. Now, I should hurry and get away, Scott should be back any moment." He got out of the car and took something out of his bag. "If you need anything, advice or whatnot, do not hesitate to call me. I wish you all the best, Avi."