Buttons

Shekhar succeeds in removing all the buttons from Vedant's shirts and throws them into the wardrobe before Vedant's voice comes out from the bathroom.

Shekhar runs out of the room and Shagird waits at the door for Vedant who comes out soon after.

Vedant removes a shirt and is surprised to see no buttons on it, he takes out his remaining shirts one by one and is shocked to see no buttons on them.

Shagird walks in and asks for the problem. Vedant tells him the situation and paces around the room.

"These servants didn't do the laundry well... it's horrific. I'll go talk to them for you." Shagird says and attempts walking out of the room when Vedant stops him telling him that there was no use for that.

Shagird hesitates and goes to check Vedant's wardrobe, he exclaims "Amazing! All buttons have come off, will you go bare chested today?... show your in-laws your...."

Vedant opposes immediately

"You silly rascal, I'll buy new shirts but I can't go out like this, you'll have to do it for me."

Shagird shakes his head and Vedant thinks of Chetan doing the job .
"It's of no use Vedant." Shagird complains.

Vedant asks why and Shagird comes up with a lie "Most shops will be closed today, I'm not sure why but I went out earlier this morning and all the shops were locked up."

"You went out for what?"

" I went out to... jog."

" I didn't know you jogged."

" What do I say my friend, one has to take interest in excercise." Shagird laughs nervously.

Vedant glares at his wardrobe and exhales "What do I do now ?" he asks

"All the buttons are still here we just need to sew them back." Shagird convinces Vedant when Ruchi walks in in them and complains of Vedant still being undressed.

Shagird explains the situation they have at hand and requests for a sewing kit which Ruchi leaves to bring. Shagird excuses himself from the room to follow Ruchi.

Ruchi retrieves the sewing kit from a drawer and makes her way to Vedant's bedroom "Wait aunt." Shagird stops her as he thinks of a way to say what he wants to

"Oh child, you didn't need to come all the way here, I'm bringing the kit already." Ruchi smiles as she talks and is about moving on when Shagird stops her again and says "You don't need to do this aunt."  Ruchi asks what he means and he explains.

" I mean Shalini is about to be his wife and it only makes sense that she does it for him, only you understand this." Ruchi chuckles and gives him the sewing kit telling him to do whatever he wished and leaves to her room.

Shagird immediately located Asha who gives the box to a reluctant Shalini. Shalini knocks on the door of Vedant's room and opens the door widely when Vedant gives a go ahead. She slowly opens the door and peers through the space.

Vedant sees her at once and asks why she came to see him. "I heard the buttons of your shirts had come off ." She answers and he let her in.

She picks up a shirt for Vedant who wears it without being told. She takes up some buttons and starts amending it for him while he stares into her eyes.

When she's done, she takes his other shirts and picks the remaining buttons left while while clutching the sewing kit.

"That should do it for today, I'll amend the other shirts later." Shalini says as she walks out.

"Wait, you're holding a lot of things let me help you." Vedant volunteers "It's the least I can do after all you helped me with something." He manages a smile and stretches his hand to help her. She gives him the sewing kit and some shirts to carry .

They move to the sitting room where she sits to amend the clothes.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
😁