Fairytale

"What were you whispering to Shalini at the engagement?" Shekhar asks while they play a game of chess in the sitting room.

"What do you mean?"
Shagird pushes the chess board away and answers "Don't act like you don't know." he charges

"Fine, I didn't say anything important." Vedant replies.

"I see your getting close to her."

"I figured out that if we can't fall in love and get married we can at least be friends, she's nice but I've told you..."

"Don't go there now, I get bored every time you say that don't you also get bored of repeating it all over again."

"Just let me be Shagird."

Indira comes around and drops a photo album for the boys to see. After showing them a few photographs she asks "Which one do you like?"

"Aunt what is this for?"

"Your parents want to buy a house in Lucknow. After the wedding, you and Shalini can choose to spend any holiday here plus the whole family can come over."

"That's a great idea mum, Shalini will surely love this."

"I know right, so just pick one, we are all waiting?" Indira urges.

Vedant, Indira and Shagird talk for a while and finally agree on a house. Indira later excuses herself leaving the boys alone.

"You made some points in considering a house just for Shalini. It's only been four days since your engagement and you know so much about her. You may just be falling in love my friend."

"Don't go crazy, I'm only being a good friend to her." Vedant defends himself.

"Did you ever read fairytales?" Shagird asks

"Love isn't a fairytale." Vedant says and exits the room.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
🌟

This chapter is dedicated to blackforever54.

Happy Easter