Where could she be?

Asha looks at her watch and sighs "It's 6pm and she isn't to be seen, where could she be?"
Shekhar passes by her and inquires "Have you seen Shalini around?"

Asha shakes her head.

"I hope she's okay, did someone say anything to her?"

"I don't think so Asha, everyone's happy the engagement is next tomorrow, what bad thing could anyone say to her?...If she doesn't come home soon then aunt Tara will let all hell loose."

Asha nods knowing her mum well and thinks for a while before saying "I think I know where she is but please cover up for us. I'll be back with Shalini as soon as I can."

"Okay but hurry up."

Asha finds Shalini just when her dance performance is over and her former dance group leaves the stage. Shalini descends the stage as rounds of applause fills the air and walks towards Asha.

"What are you doing here?" Shalini asks

"I should be asking you that, everyone might be worried at home now."

"It's late and dangerous for you to be out by now."

"What about you Shalini? Think about yourself for once." Asha argues

"Let's get out of here first."

"I won't move till you tell me why you are here." Asha persists
"Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"Answer me Shalini, maybe then I'll tell you why I'm so stubborn."

Shalini tells Asha what she overhead in Ria's and Tanya's conversation.

"I'm so sorry for being mad at you." Asha apologies feeling guilty.

"It's okay, can we go back now?" Shalini pauses.

"Grandma Hema could have given you a good slap you know, you got both I and Shekhar worried. It will be a miracle if nobody at home must have found out of our disappearance." Asha continues.

"They won't find out if we leave now." Shalini pulls Asha along.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
🌟