Chili

"It's time to start operation fairytale." Asha whispers to Shekhar.

"What is that?"

"Don't forget we're trying to bring Shalini and Vedant close to each other." She reminds him.

"Is that what you call operation fairytale." he asks with humour.

"Try coming up with a better name instead." Asha challenges him when Shalini comes into the dining room.

"Shalini stop right there!" Asha bursts out without thinking. Everyone looks at each other and Aniket inquires "Is anything wrong dear?"

Asha answers immediately "Yes dad ...what I mean is that Shalini shouldn't sit by aunt Ria rather she should sit by Vedant... after all they are now a couple."

"Asha..." Shalini's about to freak out
"Yes, Asha is right, Shalini sit next to Vedant." Rowan agrees.

Shalini takes a seat next to Vedant and dinner starts.

"Did you do what I asked you to?" Asha nudges Shekhar.
"It wasn't easy but I did it."

She signals to Shagird to go ahead with their plan.
"He lentils look so good, have you tried them Vedant?" Shagird asks
"Not yet." Vedant answers weakly already ill from the previous day "But I will."

Ruchi gasps "No way Vedant, I prepared those lentils specially for you, you must have some now."

Ruchi immediately serves Vedant some lentils.
"Eat up else I'll stuff some into your mouth."

Indira laughs and everyone joins her. Vedant complains tiredly "But I've already had enough, I'm full aunt."

"Just eat up Vedant, we're waiting." Shagird urges and Vedant takes a spoonful of lentils only to start coughing and asking for water. Shalini doesn't hesitate to fill a glass and hands it over to him.

"It's too hot." Vedant says in between coughs. Chetan runs into the kitchen and returns with a glass of milk which he gives Shalini to give Vedant.

Vedant gulps down the milk and the cough subsides
"How did the lentils get so hot?" Ruchi asks no one in particular.

"Leave it Ruchi, let Vedant have another dish perhaps it will help." Ria suggests
"No aunt, I'm okay now. I'll go upstairs."

"Are you sure Vedant?" Shalini asks and Vedant could see the concern written all over her face.

"Shalini I'm fine don't worry about me." He answers.
"Shagird please take Vedant to his room."

"Of course Shalini... Vedant let's go now." Shagird replies.

"But Shalini I'm fine..." Vedant objects

"But no, you're not in a good state of health, you need help." She paused and turns to Shagird "Don't listen to him just take him upstairs. If he needs anything don't hesitate to tell me."

Shagird then escorts Vedant upstairs while dinner continues.

After a few minutes, everyone retires to their rooms while Asha, Shekhar and Shalini wait for Shagird who comes down to meet them later.

"How is Vedant now?" Shalini asks
"He's okay, he said you should go and rest. He had a feeling that you'll still be up." Shagird responds

"Vedant is right Shalini, you should get some rest it's been a long day." Shekhar urges Shalini and she leaves the trio to discuss.

"How did you pull that off Shekhar?" Asha asks.

"It wasn't easy to lure aunt Swamini out of the kitchen. I had to lie that my mum was calling her. Finding the chili wasn't easy as well and aunt Ruchi also came in but Shekhar Garodia did it." He explains briefly

"You did a nice job." Shagird pats Shekhar's shoulder.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
😁