Shalini's POV

I gave all my trust and heart to Raj. His name was the only thing I wanted to hear and after all that, he deserted me.

My whole family trusted and showered him with so much love and look what they got in return.
This monster has some nerve to show up here.

The thought of knowing that I once believed that I loved him disgusts me, it was my biggest mistake in life.

Shekhar runs up the stairs to call Shalini from her room and advices her to pay no heed to Raj's presence then tells her what Tanya told the others .

Shekhar had to leave her because one of his friends called him while Shalini watches the party from a distance waiting for it to end.

As she stands there her memory races back to all the good times she spent with Raj and she's suddenly taken with fear when he snaps his fingers before her eyes.

"It's been a long time hasn't it Shalini? I must say that I've missed you terribly." he starts and Shalini avoids his gaze wishing for someone to come to her rescue.

"What are you doing here? Why have you come back into our lives?" she asks in a low tone not wanting to attract unwanted attention.

"I was passing by and I remembered that today is uncle Aniket's birthday, I decided to drop by." he answers

"Don't you dare take my father's name." she looks him in the eye remembering the humiliation her family had gone through because of his actions.

"Don't be so rude Shalini, it's not like you." he guffaws making Shalini cringe.

Vedant looks around and sighs.

She must be having fun with her friends.

Priyanka approaches him and asks "Have you seen Shalini?" he shakes his head and asks why she was searching for her.Priyanka tells him that Shalini had been away from the party and that she's getting worried for her.

Vedant excuses himself to look for Shalini immediately, he sees her talking to someone though he couldn't see his face he noticed that she's uncomfortable around him. He decides to find out what is wrong and talk to her.

He walks up to them and places his hand on Raj's shoulder who instantly stood firm then he stands between them.

"What's going on here?" he asks relieved to see Shalini looking better.

"You must be Vedant Rajput I guess?" Raj speaks up

"Yes, I am. Any problem?"

"I was congratulating Shalini on her engagement, you two are truly  a match made in heaven." Raj answers and stares at Shalini for a while before turning to Vedant "You two look great together." he concludes.

"Thanks and you are?" Vedant questions
"I'm Rajkumar Harish but just call me Raj, that's what everyone calls me."

"Well it's nice meeting you."

Vedant stops and takes Shalini's hand then continues "But we have to leave now, have a good evening."

Vedant leads Shalini out and complains "Raj talks too much for a guy."

"How do you know that? You didn't speak much to him."

"He made quite a first impression, who is he to you?"

Shalini almost stops in her tracks "Just someone...from the past." she hangs her head.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"No, I would tell you the truth always."

"It's okay anyway I believe you."

"Thanks Vedant."

"For what?"

"For believing me." she answers "For saving me from Raj too, you came at the right time."

"No need for that, let's enjoy the party." He says still holding her hand.

"I should have said this sooner but I think now is the best time." he puts a stray strand of hair behind her ear "You gave an outstanding performance today, I don't think I'll ever meet a better dancer than you."

"It's all because of you."

Vedant smiles and tells her that she will have to dance another time.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
🤗