Call off the wedding

After dinner, Shalini made up her mind to set things straight with Vedant as she walked up to his room to tell him that they needed to talk urgently.

"What happened Shalini, are you okay?" He sits up on his bed at an alarming speed.

She swallowed "I'm perfectly fine." Then he sighed.

"If it's about what happened at the festival...I drank so much because Shagird made me to."

"It's not that...it's something else." She replied uneasily.

"What is it?"

"I know that you don't love me Vedant and that you love or loved someone else before now...I don't want to be in a relationship with you if you love someone else...I don't want you to feel forced to marry me."

"Who told you this Shalini?" He asks already knowing the answer to his question after all no one had shown any interest in causing chaos in his life recently other than Rachna.

"The problem is not about who told me any of what I just said Vedant...I believe it's the truth... even your response says it all...I mean.." she felt her voice breaking and stopped before continuing quietly "If you don't want you get married to me then please call off the wedding... If you can do that for me then I'll be eternally grateful."

She exited the room while keeping her eyes on the floor to avoid anyone from noticing her teary eyes.

Vedant clenched his fists, he was fully convinced that Rachna instigated Shalini to believe that he was in love with someone else.

Asha got a hold of Shalini's arm as she watched her leave Vedant's room and teased "You naughty girl, what were you doing in Vedant's room huh?"

She stops when she noticed her sister's teary eyes and angry face. "Hey...I was just joking but what were you doing there?"

"I asked him to call of the wedding." Shalini answers boldly with a blank face then she walks past Asha to her room not caring if Asha followed.

"Why would you do such a thing? Is it because of Raj?" Shalini hears Asha's steps slow down as they got closer to her if she wasn't mistaken her sister's anger was boiling up.

"No Asha, Raj has nothing to do with this."

"Then what happened?" Asha's hands flares in the air.

"He doesn't love me Asha, he loves someone else." She finally said.

"Who told you that?" Asha asks in disbelief, she couldn't believe her ears.

"It doesn't matter Asha. What is done is done."

"But who told you that Shalini, I at least deserve to know, I'm your sister."

"It was Rachana, okay?"  She replies as she rubbed her temples and narrated to Asha all that Rachna had shared with her.

Asha informed Shagird of Shalini's actions but Shagird couldn't come me up with anything. He finally told Asha "Everything's now up to Vedant."

Support me by clicking the star below 😌