Fingerprints

Surjeet looked sideways to ensure no one was paying close attention to him before entering the room. He held an envelope in his hands as he walked up to his wife and son who were patiently waiting for the results.

"Well what did the result say?" Ria asked suddenly impatient.

"At least keep your voice down." Surjeet shot back and announced "The substance in the bottle was poison."

Ria's eyes widened as she imagined the pain her mother must have gone through before giving up the ghost.

"How will that help us find the murderer dad?"

"They claimed to have found some fingerprints on the bottle, we need to get Raj or Khushi's fingerprints as soon as possible if we want to crack this case."

"But how?" Ria sighed "It won't be easy."

"Let's tell Aniket maybe he'll come up with something." Surjeet said.

"No Surjeet." Ria protested "My brother will not only get angry when he finds out what led to this, but if he finds out that we suspect someone that person won't walk a free man much less Raj and Khushi. He'll blow things out of proportion."

"I think mum is right dad. I haven't seen as much hatred as the one uncle Aniket has for Raj and Mrs Khushi." Shekhar agreed.

"Have you forgotten so soon how Aniket reacted when Raj left Shalini on the altar. They've lost everything and Shalini doesn't even know of this...she shouldn't even know that...we must not tell anyone in the family."

"I understand. It will only stay between us."

Surjeet nods.

The Maheshwaris decided to host a dinner at home to mark preparations for Holi.

The Bhopalis couldn't miss any of such event and the Rachna invited Raj and Khushi as well.

The Garodia's were happy at this special invite and made plans to get some fingerprints.

Chetan and Swamini moved back and forth serving the guests while people stood around talking about the day's affair.

Shagird and Asha were up to their mischievous ways as he stole some oil from the kitchen and pour it on the floor.

As expected Shalini walked into it and fell but Vedant came to her rescue almost immediately. He caught her right on time as Asha threw a basket of rose petals from upstairs making the scene look romantic.

To the couple it all happened in small motion as their eyes were fixed on each other. The guests looked on with admiration but as Khushi saw the act being displayed she scrunched her face in disgust.

"They're only trying to get people's attention. What a worthless display of love."

Rachna was however pissed as she peered closely and caught sight of oil in the floor.

"Who poured that on the floor?!!!"

She shouted and that brought Vedant and Shalini back to the present as they stared away and put some space between themselves.

Rachna receives no answer despite repeating her question twice.

"Calm down Rachna they are alright. You don't need to get so angry." Manish said.

"It's not right sir if it were any one else in their place...I mean what if Vedant got hurt." Rachna stops as she realised what she had just said and tries to fix her mistake "What if Shalini also got hurt, the wedding would have been postponed if it were something serious and we know the two lovers wouldn't want that." Rachna continues

"Leave it someone will take care of the mess, we all understand your concern." Vikram replies and Rachna keeps quiet.

"Here's our chance now." Surjeet whispers to Ria.

She calls the guests and announced that she wanted to make a fingerprint jewellery. She instructed Chetan to share sheets of papers to the guests with ink.

She looks on as everyone did a stamp on their paper.

"Ms Harish you haven't done yours yet." Rohan beckons to Khushi who looked at the paper and mumbles to herself "All this is useless but I'll do it anyway."

Ria thanks everyone for their participation once it's over and collects their prints.

She seperated and labelled those of Khushi and Rajs' with their names before handing them over to Surjeet who leaves the house to submit the work for further investigation.

Support me by clicking the star below.😌