Present day

Ruchi knocks on the door before her and after a go ahead she walked in to meet Shalini and Vedant warm gazes.

"Good morning mum." Vedant says l first and Shalini greets  after him.

"Good morning dears."

"Is everything okay mum?"

Vedant asks wondering why she was in their room.

"Yes all is okay...I wanted you two to do something for me today."

"To get you groceries?" Vedant blurts.

"No silly...you two should be at the temple today...it's a special day afterall."

"I was just thinking about that too."

"Wonderful...you should go now. I heard they'll be a horrible traffic and I don't want you guys out for too long."

"We'll get going then." Shalini replies and turns to her husband who was eyeing his mother suspiciously, she shook her head "Please Vedant let's leave now."

"I'll leave you to get ready." Ruchi quickly adds and was out as soon as she said it.

"I have a feeling that she's up to something."

"Either way we need to go now." She shrugs.

After a visit to the temple and a small get away organised by Vedant they returned home to find guests and distant family members in the house.

Asha and Shagird were now married and Shekhar was engaged to Priyanka.

"I was beginning to wonder why you guys were taking so long."

"I knew you were up up something mum." Vedant gives a hard state to his mum who was  unfazed.

"I want the lovers to go upstairs and prepare for the party that's about to start." She holds Vedant's gaze "I already have clothes waiting for you."

He chuckles "You didn't need to frown while saying it I was just joking...I love you mum... thanks for the party." He placed a kiss on her temple "You always pull my legs."

" I enjoy it." She playfully slaps his back and let him take Shalini's hand to lead her upstairs.

Minutes later, Shalini returns in a grey embroidered silk suit and Vedant in a similarly coloured sherwani. The guests cheered them on and the party began.
Midway into the celebrations the couple is asked to exchange gifts. They all looked on with curious eyes especially Ruchi who was ready to scold vedant if he didn't have a valuable gift.

"Happy anniversary my love." He started and presented Shalini with a ticket to Dubai this caused the guests to give a round of applause "Thank you."

"It's your turn." He eyed the  wrapped box in her hands eager to see what was inside "Open it." She said as she put it in his hands.

"Don't keep us waiting Vedant." Rowan calls out and the crowd agrees "Relax everyone after all it's my present not yours."

Slowly but surely he unwrapped the box and opened it to retrieve a baby wear and a medical report stating that Shalini was pregnant, he starred at it not believing his eyes.

"What is it?" Shagird asks from the crowd to which Vedant  raised both items up for the audience to see and exclaimed "I'm going to be a father!!!"

He went for Shalini and gave her tight embrace "Thank you so much Shalini...this is the best gift ever."

The guests screamed for joy and rushed forward to congratulate the beaming couple.

Thanks for reading