A toast

Everyone waits in the sitting room when Ria and Shekhar come in and asks of the problem.

Indira tells them that Shalini called earlier to tell them that Vedant was in the hospital.

Shalini and Vedant walk in and Ruchi darts to them closely followed by the others. On noticing the bandage around Vedant's head, Ruchi demands to know what happened.

Shalini narrated the masked man incident and Rowan rushes off to call the police but is stopped by Vedant who says there's no need since the culprit escaped a long time ago.

***

Raj walks in with bruises all over his face which surprises Khushi who is curious know the type of trouble he had stirred up to get such beating.

"What happened Raj? Why are you in this bizarre state?" She asked as she approached him.

"Oh mum, your son almost embarrassed Shalini today. I was this close but Vedant is being too smart for my liking."

Raj scowled but Khushi shook her head and scoffed.

"You can't even do one thing correctly." She hissed

***

Shagird uses every opportunity to tease Vedant but the later always ignored him.

Rachna barges into his room and asks if he was fine and Vedant nods not looking in her direction.
She walks towards Vedant but Shagird stops her and tells her that he will take care of Vedant himself.

Rachna walks out of the room leaving the two friends when they hear a knock on the door and Shagird asks the person to come in.

Shalini walks in and starts "I hope I'm not intruding."

Shagird lifts his eyebrows to Vedant playfully in return but he's ignored. "No Shalini is there anything you need help with?"

"No. I actually came to give you your medicines."

"I'll leave you two to it."

"No Shagird." she stops and continues "I have up give my my mum a head massage, I won't be here for long."

Shagird exclaims "Vedant you're very lucky. Shalini, he also loves a head massage you'll be giving him a lot of it after marriage."

"Why after marriage?"

"What do you mean Vedant."

"What I mean is why don't we start now?" he smiles enjoying the sight of a blushing Shalini.

"You are injured wait till you get better." she gives a bag of medicines to Shagird who assured her that Vedant would take it all in some gulp.

Rachna gets off the phone and Shalini grumbles  "You are always on the phone Rachna, who is it this time?"

"You don't need to know Shalini. It's for the best if you don't."

Shalini pleads with Rachna to tell her who it was.
"Fine. I'll tell you...It's an an old friend of mine...She is in love with Vedant and he's in love with her but aunt Ruchi wouldn't approve of her and their relationship broke off."

"Why did she call?" Shalini turns pale but manages to blurt the words out.

"She's still in love with Vedant. Believe me, I've tried to make her forget him but it's of no use. She heard that he's getting married and just called to confirm if it's true." Rachna shakes her head.

Shalini buys the lie in an instant and inquires "Be honest,do you think... Vedant still loves her?"

"Shalini you know I want both yours and Vedant's relationship to work out but I'm afraid Vedant still has feelings for her. Don'ttell him any of what I've told you..."

"You don't need to worry. I won't tell him." Shalini interrupts and walks out on a pleased Rachna.

***

Ria praises Shekhar for being a good actor when they went undercover but the mystery of the locked room hadn't been solved yet.

"Mr and Mrs khan have travelled mum, this is a good chance to enter that room." Shekhar informs his mother.

"We can't go as journalists again son." Ria reminded him.

"Leave that up me, I'll handle it." Shekhar smiles mischievously.

"She really is so naive, she believed me in a heartbeat." Rachna said as she toasted to her new plan.

"That's Shalini for you. Too innocent now we've set the ball in motion and no one can stop us. The wedding won't take place and our goals will be achieved."

"Cheers to that."

Support me by clicking the star below.☺️