Rashmi Rajput

"Vedant where are you taking me to?" Shalini asks for the tenth time as she sits in Vedant's car. Vedant doesn't reply her and parks his car infront of a temple. He gets down from the car and asks her to come down.

Shalini alights the car and asks "Why are we here?"

"I need to talk to you and here is the best place to do it."

As they walk in, Akhil Taneja the organizer of a dance programme approaches them. He greets them and Shalini introduces Vedant to him.

He tells Vedant that he is lucky to marry a talented woman like Shalini, he emphasizes on how good of a dancer she is and the many competitions she had won due to her talent. He encourages Vedant to let her dance even after marriage and leaves wishing them a good date after promising to be present at their Sangeet.

Vedant turns to face Shalini and smirks "That's why we need to talk."

They sit on the ground and face the view of the temple. He asks Shalini why she stopped dancing and she reluctantly tells him of how close she was to her grandmother and how her death shattered her world.

Vedant goes on to tell her about his grandmother, Rashmi Rajput.

He hangs his head as he talks about her. He tells her of how Rashmi was like a second mum to him rather than his grandmother and how he watched her die of cancer.

"But the world doesn't end there...like she always said. I've gotten over it and you should too." He concludes

"I'll try my best to but I can't give my word."
She says and attempts to stand up, Vedant holds her down and replies "You must, it may take sometime but you'll do it for me, won't you?"

Shalini nods and stands up "That does it, you'll dance at your father's birthday party." he also stands up and they go home to prepare for Aniket's birthday.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
😘