Shalini's POV

These past weeks have been all about the new proposal. It's not my first or second but I hope it will be my last.

With my past lurking behind, it's impossible for this proposal to go on as planned. I don't want to be the reason Asha may not get married and I don't want to be a burden to my parents.

I wish grandma were here, I miss her so much, she would have loved to meet Vedant and every other so-called groom before him.

Although he hasn't said anything to me yet, Vedant seems very different from the other guys I've met but I can't be certain that this alliance will work out.

***

Ruchi gives the house keys to their house keeper, Jamuni who's to oversee the house in their absence. Indira and Shagird arrive with their bags to accompany the Rajputs.

Vedant approaches his mum and asks "How sure are you about this marriage?"

"Don't act like your father now, it's almost time to leave." she says not looking at him.

"Answer me mum."

"It has to work out, I've waited for years now and I've watched you wasting time with Rachna..." She said her name with pure disgust "It can't afford to repeat itself Vedant."

"Leave Rachna out of this." he increases his tone.

"Is there something your hiding from me?"

"No mum but..."

"But not a single word from you, don't try to ruin this wedding." Ruchi interrupts.

Shagird arrives in time to stop their already heated argument.
"It's time to go aunt, uncle is calling all of us."

"Tell your friend to come out quickly, there's no time to waste."

***

Ria arrived with her husband Surjeet and son Shekhar. Tanya and Aniket welcome them and aska Chetan to take their things upstairs.

"Look at Shekhar, he's grown so muscular since the last time I met him." Tanya compliments the young man.

"Thank you aunt and you look prettier since the last time I saw you." he laughs nervously.

"Don't flatter me Shekhar, how are you?"

"Fine and you aunt?"

"I'm doing good, bless you dear."

Asha runs down and greets her uncle and aunt. Shekhar asks after looking around for his older cousin "Where is Shalini? I don't see her around here."

Asha answers "She's in the kitchen with Swamini preparing to welcome her future husband."

"You haven't still changed Asha, your always troubling Shalini." Shekhar replies.

"I just can't help it Shekhar, I have a lot of things to tell you."

"Don't go too far, Vedant's family will be here soon." Ria reminds them.

The Rajputs and Tiwari's arrive on time at the Maheshwari residence.

Chetan and Swamini takes their bags to their respective rooms while they help themselves to some butter chicken and rice.