The proposal

"Greetings brother." Ria Garodia greets her brother Aniket as she enters his house.

"Hey look who's here, aunt Ria." Asha calls out and runs to embrace Ria.

"How are Shekhar and uncle Surgeet?" Asha asks.

"They're both fine and they send their regards too. Where is Shalini?"

"She should be at the temple?"

"Alright go call your mother quickly, I've brought good news for all of you." Ria claps her hands in excitement.

"Tell me first aunt." Asha pleads
"No dear call your mother first."

Asha runs upstairs and returns with Tanya, her mum. After exchange of greetings, Tanya curiously asks "What good news could there be for us?"

"Take a seat first Tanya, you too brother." Ria demands.

"We've sat down so what is it?" Aniket asks.

"It's a marriage proposal for Shalini."

"What? Are you sure Ria?" Tanya unbelievably asks.

"I'm sure Tanya, such good news doesn't come around easily, he's a very good boy or should we decline it?" Ria teases knowing her brother's family couldn't refuse such a proposal.

"No Ria, tell me about the boy first." Tanya requests.

When Shalini returns home, Asha runs to her and starts "Guess what?"

"Stop it Asha, you know I'm not good at guessing."

"Fine... aunt is here with a marriage proposal for you, aren't you excited?"
Shalini gives a small smile and leaves.

Tanya noticed this and complains "Ria you know Shalini is not too happy hearing about these proposals and she's been rejected so many times because of her past do you think this boy will be any different?"

"I'm Shalini's aunt. Tanya, I just want what's best for her. The boy is from Chandigarh and his family is extremely rich. Our Shalini will instantly win him over with her beauty and good manners." Ria insists.

"In that case we've accepted the proposal, we shouldn't give up so easily." Aniket concludes.

***

Ruchi walks past Vedant's room when Shagird calls her attention.

"Aunt....I and Vedant actually want to know something."

"What is it?"

"Vedant wants to know if you've found a bride for him."

"If he's so interested then he should come ask me himself but since you also want to know I'll tell you anyway. I have found someone and I wanted to show him her pictures but I decided not to. I want him to see her beauty firsthand."

"Wow...aunt that's a good idea."

"She's Shalini Maheshwari from Lucknow."

"But that's a bit far from here, don't you think so?"

"I know but she's worth traveling for."

"That's amazing aunt." Shagird praised Ruchi.

"The introduction is next week."

1 week later

Everyone in the Maheshwari household hurried to get ready for the Rajput's arrival.

"The boy's family will be here soon. Is Shalini ready?" Tanya anxiously asks.

"Yes Tanya she is. With the yellow abaya suit she's wearing she'll surely win Vedant's heart."

"I really hope this works out." Tanya replies.

"I'm sure it will, I visited the temple before coming and I know god has answered our prayers." Ria says.

2 hours later

The Rajputs arrive at the Maheshwari's home and are welcomed by Tanya, Aniket and Ria.

"You've come a long way from Chandigarh and for that we're really grateful." Tanya starts.

"No need to be we're ready to do this anytime especially for that beauty you have in  here." Ruchi answers with a huge smile on her face
"Ria please get Shalini ." Aniket tells Ria who calls Shalini while she gets some snacks for her to take to the guests .

Shalini walks down the stairs, takes the tray of snacks from Ria and approaches the guests.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
❤️