Death anniversary

It's finally the day of Hema's death anniversary.

Everyone gets dressed in white and prepares for the arrival of the brahmanas.

Suhasini, Manohar, Manish, Saraswati, Vikram, Rohan their wives, Priyanka and Akhil were all on attendance.

Aniket and Surjeet bring in the brahmanas and the house is set for the Shraddha.

Hema's picture is decorated with a garland and a fire is placed in front of it. Swamini, Chetan, Ria and Tanya ensure that the brahmanas are well fed.

Asha then provides the balls of rice for the offering. Rachna sighs as she continuously calls RK but gets no response. Shalini calls her to join the rest where the prayer is taking place.

Everyone takes their places and Shagird makes Shalini sit next to Vedant.

The priest then asks Aniket to throw some rice balls into the fire to end the prayers when Ria asks the priest to let Shalini and Vedant take part in the offering.

The priest reluctantly agrees and asks them to come forward after Aniket. He gives them the rice balls and starts a chant, he tells them to throw the rice balls into the fire.

Shalini clasps her hands and asks Hema to approve of her alliance with Vedant.

As they stand, Raj comes in and requests that they let him pay homage to Hema's departed soul.

He takes the rice balls from the priest and pours it into the fire and it suddenly flares up in response.

Raj shakes his head and let's out a deep breath before standing up.

Shalini then starts washing a brahman's feet when a priest asks her if she has eaten.

When she shakes her head, the priest smiles and comments "Child you still keep fasting since the past three years? Your grandmother will be so proud of you and your husband too."

"How do you know that priest?" Shalini asks

"As I was coming here, I saw her and she told me that she likes Vedant, everything will work out this time." he says and asks her to have faith.

"How dare you come here especially on this  day." Aniket faces Raj.

"I just couldn't help myself uncle, it's granny Hema's remembrance day. I've missed the ones of the last years but I couldn't help myself this year." Raj replies trying his best to provoke Aniket.

Aniket is about to punch him when Ria stops him.

"No brother please don't do this, not on this day at least for mother's sake." She starts and turns to Raj with a straight face. "Stay but make sure you leave soon." she warns and walks away.

Shalini gives the towels to Shekhar who is to continue washing the brahman's feet. She walks towards the kitchen to break her fast when she bumps into Raj.

"Don't tell me that your surprised too."

"Get away from me."

"I really loved granny a lot, it was a sad day, wasn't it? Try to recall it at least or should I remind you." Raj moves closer to Shalini.

"What's going on?" Rachna interrupts them.

Shalini looks behind Raj and answers "I'm glad that your here Rachna, meet Raj and... Raj meet Shalini. You two talk, I have to go somewhere." She runs off.

Saraswati sees Raj around and hisses "You should have thrown this boy out a long time ago." Ria tells her the reason why she chose not to throw him out and is sure that he won't try anything stupid.

She insults Raj a lot that even Tanya stands up for him.
"If you insult him so much what will become of his mother, it's too much Saraswati."

"Curse that Khushi Harish for giving birth to a sin like him, he's put our dear Shalini through a lot." Saraswati answers.

"But all that has changed, our Shalini has Vedant and Raj can't do anything about that." Tanya smiles with pride.

"Has he said anything to Shalini?What if he's torturing her secretly?" Saraswati asks and Ria replies "He won't do that else he'll have to answer to us. I expect him to be wise around us."

Asha walks around the hall looking for Shalini with a plate in her hand when Shagird jumps out of a corner to scare her.

She hits her leg on a wall but still manages to hold the plate up. She balances herself on only one leg and crowd out in pain.

"Oh wow, you've got some daliyas and you didn't bother to call me." Shagird whins and reaches out for the food when Asha snacks his hand away causing him to withdraw it.

"Can't you see that I'm in pain and it's because of you." Asha shoots back and continues "Besides it's not for you, it's for Shalini, she's fasting today and I know she hasn't eaten yet."

Ruchi and Indira walk by and ask what had happened. Asha tells them everything they need to know and Indira takes the plate from Asha before telling Shagird to carry Asha which she protests to no avail.

"This is what you wanted after all." Shagird replies looking her in the eye.

Vedant also comes to the scene and Ruchi asks him to give Shalini her food because she hasn't eaten while she and Indira attend to Asha.

He starts looking for Shalini and when he finds her, she's on the floor. He rushes to her side and asks of the problem, she doesn't answer because of her weakness and he remembers that she hadn't eaten and starts feeding her before scolding her to look after her health.

When she looks better he apologizes for scolding her but tells her he had no choice, Shalini forgives him anyway.

Support me by clicking the star in the corner.
😊