[Chapter 43]

Payton's POV

1 week later-

"Luke invited us to a party they're having tonight." Liam informed as he approached both Harry and I in the kitchen.

I pretended I wasn't listening as I grabbed my warm cup of tea and began sipping it.

"Oh yeah? What's the occasion?" Harry asked, seeming uninterested almost immediately.

"It's a celebration of their success. They insisted that we'd all be there. He also said he'd be very hurt if you didn't come." Liam added as Harry sighed and placed his arm on the counter while stirring his bowl of oatmeal with the other hand.

"They make any excuse for a party don't they." Harry chuckled under his breath as he stared at his food.

"Yep. But we should attend. We'd look suspicious if we don't go. We never miss a party." Liam said as he leaned closer to his friend.

Harry sighed as he began massaging his forehead while closing his eyes, thinking hard about the situation.

"Can't we say we got an important job to finish?" Harry sighed as Liam shook his head.

"Nope. They insisted. You know how they get." Liam responded as Harry buried his face in his hands.

"I can't go, I need to be here with Payton." Harry rejected as he peeled his hands away and looked down.

"Luke said she was more than welcome to come." Liam informed as Harry quickly looked over at him.

"What?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, he said all is welcomed to come, including her." Liam nodded his head shortly.

"I can't just go there with Payton. They'll think something is up." Harry said as he looked over at me.

"Says who? Harry, Payton is your girlfriend as far as they're concerned remember? We play it cool. It would look suspicious if we don't go." Liam tried to persuade as I almost choked on my food.

"I don't know how she would feel." Harry said, trying to come up with any excuse.

"Harry, come on. You never turn down a party. Why is this one different?" Liam sighed.

"Because Liam. Payton is now involved with every choice and decision I make. She comes with me wherever I go. So if I make a mistake, it falls on me." Harry explained with an attitude as my eyes slowly widened.

"I get that Harry, but she's your hostage. You can mold her into whatever you like. She's under your command and control. So just take her with us to the party. She'll fit right in. I'm sure she's dying to go have some fun anyways." Liam said as I looked away.

"She's not just a hostage." Harry snapped as my heart began racing.

"Look, just bring her with us. Nothing is going to happen. No one will know she's been kidnapped." Liam pressed as Harry sighed.

"She was on the damn news." Harry groaned.

"So? No one's going to know. Trust me. No one watches the news anyways." Liam responded.

"I think it would be fun." I suddenly said, causing the both of them to look at me.

"There! You see, Payton is willing to go." Liam said with enthusiasm.

"It's a risk Liam." Harry growled as he faced him.

"Harry, calm down. No one's going to report her even if they recognize her. It's a party full of criminals. Why would they rat you out?" Liam said as he grabbed his shoulder and shook him up a bit.