[Chapter 47]

Payton's POV

I sighed as we finally pulled up near my College University, parked by a tree that wasn't too far from the entrance. I couldn't stop my heart from feeling so weighed down and heavy, not knowing what was wrong with me. It somehow pained me knowing that I wasn't able to tell Harry what had happened. How I just left without saying goodbye. How I told Luke that he kidnapped me and that I was okay with going back home.

I knew I wasn't selfish, but I couldn't stop feeling like I was. I left Harry without even telling him where I was going. Wasn't that back stabbing him? If he found out that I'm back in school wouldn't he feel betrayed? Like he meant nothing to me? Would he be hurt that I chose my life over him?

I shouldn't feel guilty though. Harry was the one who took me against my will. This isn't my fault. I've begged Harry for so long to bring me back and it took his own business partner to do it. I wanted to blame Harry for being the reason I came back home. But I knew there was no way that I could. It was my own choice. I could of easily had Luke take me back to Harry where I would of been with him again. But why would I possibly hope for that?

Why would I want to go back to the place that keeps me away from those I love? I never imagined myself being torn in such a situation like this. I couldn't believe I was feeling at war with myself. I couldn't get Harry's pained eyes out of my head. I felt like I was betraying him a thousand times over. I knew that he needed me, but for what purpose? I wasn't sure.

Even though I should be thinking about how happy I was about being back home for the first time, all I could think about was Harry.

"Here you are. Home sweet home." Luke said beside me as I faked a smile and looked out the tinted window.

"Thank you Luke, for everything." I said as I looked over at him.

"No problem. I wouldn't want you to get in anymore trouble than you probably already are. You can count on the Venoms my dear. We're on your side, and you're on ours. Consider yourself one of us if you may." Luke smiled as I felt uncomfortable.

"Thanks but... I'm not really a gang member type of girl." I chuckled as he nodded his head shortly.

"I just mean, you're safe with us. If you ever need anything. Just call me." Luke said as he looked down at the brand new iphone he got me since I had no idea where mine went.

"Thank you again for the phone. That was really kind of you." I said as he smirked.

"Of course sweetheart. Consider me as your sugar daddy." He teased as I blushed.

"You won't speak about us to anyone right?" Luke suddenly grew serious as I looked out the window.

"No. Never. You have my word. You're just a friend that helped me." I breathed as we made eye contact.

"I'm glad we can share this trust. We can rely on each other. For anything." Luke said before he held out his pinky.

I looked at it before I swallowed hard, feeling like I was betraying Harry even more. I wasn't really befriending a whole gang was I?

"Right." I placed a smile on my lips as I hooked his pinky with mine.

"You'll do just fine. Call me if anything gets too hard. I'm sure we'll take care of it. I'll be heading off in case any cops show up. I'm sure they're on the hunt."
Luke spoke as I looked back out the window, feeling nervous butterflies eat my stomach.

"Okay." I whispered before I wrapped my hand around the door handle.

                                Liam's POV