[Chapter 2]

Payton's POV

A shaky breath left my lips as I was pressed deep into the wall with 2 large hands wrapped tightly around my shoulders, surly leaving bruises

A shaky breath left my lips as I was pressed deep into the wall with 2 large hands wrapped tightly around my shoulders, surly leaving bruises. "O-ow what are you doing?" I asked calmly, trying to pretend I didn't know the murderer in front of me. He just stood there, breathing heavily while staring deep into my eyes. He was searching for something in my blue orbs. And even though I was terribly afraid of him, I tried my best to act like I wasn't.

"Don't play dumb with me little girl, now do you recognize me?" I remembered the accent that left his lips as he narrowed his eyebrows. "Little girl? I'm 20 years old thank you." I said, taking offense. He rolled his eyes before squeezing me tighter, making me whimper again.

"Answer my damn question!" He raised his voice as I flinched. "I- I don't know who you are. Why are you pinning me against a wall?" I said as I looked at him sharply. "You know who I am, admit it." He growled. "No I don't. I think you're mistaking me as someone else." I said calmly. Smart move Payton. He then looked up and chuckled darkly before he looked back down at me.

"Listen you don't want to be the one to lie to me, you recognize me I know it. I saw the way your eyes widen when I grabbed you and how you stuttered your words. The way you examined my face, you know me." He spoke harshly as I caught myself widening my eyes.

"It's only because I have no idea who you are and you shouldn't be walking around campus grabbing people and slamming them into walls." I narrowed my eyebrows at him. "You're the only one I've done this to sweetheart. You know why? Because I've been looking for you. All morning long." He said tauntingly as I felt my heart beat quicken.

"I don't know who you are ok? You got the wrong girl." I said before he clenched his jaw. He then slowly looked at my body and all the way down before a smirk played on his lips. "You sure those weren't the shoes you wore the night you went jogging?" He grinned as my eyes widen in pure fear. I didn't know what else to say. I've been caught. He knows it's me. I was the one standing clear in the sunlight, he was sort of hidden from it. He could of easily spotted my whole figure.

I then opened my mouth to scream but he quickly slapped his hand around it, creating tears in my eyes. How on earth did he find me? "You shouldn't have lied to me sweetheart. I knew it was you all along. You're the one who screamed at me to stop when I killed the man beneath me. You witnessed it all. Now tell me what you saw!" He yelled as I flinched and whimpered into his hand.

"I saw nothing I swear!" I cried out as tears formed in my eyes. "STOP LYING TO ME!" He yelled before he squeezed my arm harder, releasing his hand from my lips. "Look, I only saw you kill him alright? That's all I saw I swear! All I watched was a horrible man kill an innocent one!" I said as he grew mad. "You think that man was innocent honey? You obviously don't know the real world. I killed him for a reason princess. But you're not going to know why. You've seen enough." He hissed as I struggled to get out of his grip.