[Chapter 8]

Payton's POV

Loud footsteps took over the noises inside the house as Styles and I ran towards the only room I'm familiar with. "Leave me alone!" I somehow found the strength in me to yell out those words before I reached the door. But I didn't realize how quick he was because the second my finger touched the knob, 2 long arms wrapped around my stomach and lifted me up.

I let out a piercing scream, terrified of my upcoming punishment as I kicked the door like crazy. "No no! Let me down please! Let me down! I'm sorry!" I screamed as I clenched my hands around his arms and attempted to pry them off because I couldn't bare the tightness anymore. "You shouldn't have said that sweetheart." He growled in my ear as I felt tears in my eyes. "Let me go!" I screamed one last time before he opened up the bedroom door and locked it when we got inside.

I whimpered continuously as he carried me towards the bed and he forcefully slammed me on it as I cried out and fought back. "Knock it off Payton!" He yelled as I kept kicking his stomach and slapping his hands away. "No!" I whimpered loudly before he got a hold of my hand and he quickly pinned it down.

I fought back pathetically with my other hand before he snatched it also and pinned it above my head with the other one. He climbed on the bed and he dug his knee into my thigh which made my legs stop kicking. I screamed in pain as he hovered over me and stared deeply into my eyes.

"You're going to make a ton of mistakes in this house Payton I just know it." He hissed as I whimpered and wiggled a bit. "STOP MOVING NOW!" He screamed at me as I flinched and trembled. "Now apologize for what you said and I won't hurt you." He said as I widen my eyes. "W-what?" I asked out of breath. Is he bluffing?

"I said apologize for what you said and I won't hurt you." His teeth clenched as he hissed his words again. "You're not going to hurt me?" I asked in shock. I thought criminals enjoyed torturing people. He shook his head as a serious look overcame his features. I stared at him for a long time, trying to see the lie in his eyes but it was hard to tell.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it." I said in a nice way to make him believe I wasn't lying. He stared into my eyes for a while before he sighed and got off me. "Good." He said before he lifted me up, causing me to bump into his chest awfully fast.

I gasped as I looked up at him, feeling his breath fan my face. Our chests were literally collided together and I could feel the heat from his body wrap with mine. I nervously stared into his eyes, somehow feeling completely weak under his long gaze. His hand was still curled tightly around my elbow, holding me in place.

"I expect you to behave. If not, I won't hesitate to hurt you next time." He said lowly and quietly to my face as I flinched. I gulped and nodded my head, feeling my legs shake a bit. He looked at me from toe to head before he tugged me with him. I was glad he stopped staring at me the way he did because if he held that gaze any longer, I would of fallen on my knees.

It was weird feeling what I felt just by staring at him. And no I'm not talking about butterflies and happy feelings inside. I'm saying how his eyes somehow overpowered me. Like his eyes held all control in that moment. And it honestly scared me. Knowing how I could completely freeze under his intimidating gaze.

I frowned as he dragged me down the hall, wondering why he didn't hit me. I was surprised not once has Styles actually hurt me. He has never hit me and that confused me. Criminals beat their victims don't they? So why isn't he hurting me? Am I different? Or is he different?

"Sorry about that. Payton said she would behave. Didn't she?" Styles sighed as he pulled me with him before he slapped my back. I whimpered and looked at the guys who all stared at me. "Right." I whispered before shifting. "She's a little runner isn't she?" Malik chuckled as I looked at him nervously.