[Chapter 16]

Payton's POV

I groaned as I woke up with a stiff body and a pounding head. I wasn't sure what happened to me as I opened my eyes and glanced up at the ceiling. I placed my hand up to my head before I let out a painful cry and closed my eyes.

"Ow." I whimpered as I felt tears form in my eyes. I then reopened them before I slowly sat up and groaned, feeling light headed as I rested up against the bedpost.

I began to massage my throbbing temple as I tried to remember what happened last night. "It's about time you're up." I heard a deep voice next to me. I flinched as I looked to my right to see Styles glancing at me causally.

"What? What happened?" I asked before cringing at the ongoing pain. "You misbehaved yesterday so Louis knocked you out. You were out all afternoon and night, till this day." He smirked, somehow amused at this. "Well it hurts." I frowned. "Well you deserved it." He said as I looked at him madly.

"I probably didn't. You just freak out when someone tells you no." I said as he clenched his jaw. "Do you want another beating?" He asked as I widen my eyes. "N-no." I stuttered. "Then shut up." He hissed as I flinched.

"Tomorrow we're going to The Wolves territory. I hope you're prepared for that." He said as I looked down at my lap. "I wasn't prepared for you and your friends so I doubt I'll be prepared for them." I said as he chuckled. "Speaking of my friends they probably want to see you. So make an appearance sometime soon." He said as I narrowed my eyebrows.

"You'll allow me to walk around the house after I tried to run away?" I asked. "Not like you can escape. You're stupid and weak." He said as I frowned. "Thanks for the complements." I snapped as he chuckled. "You're welcome." He smirked before he got off the bed.

"I hope that bruise on your temple will teach you a lesson eh?" He asked as I widened my eyes. "A bruise?!" I almost yelled as he smirked down at me. "Yeah. There's a bruise on your face. You're sensitive." He chuckled as I felt my head again and hissed in pain.

"How bad is it?" I questioned. "Pretty bad. Go see for yourself." He said before he opened the door and left the room. I quickly got out of bed and walked towards his mirror before I gasped at the purple bruise on my face.

Tears brimmed in the corner of my eyes as I got a closer look of it. It looks horrible! This big old thing for just saying no to Styles?! I could only imagine what kind of punishment I'd get for actually running away.

Since Styles didn't come back in the room anytime soon, I decided to take a shower since its been a while. I was so happy to clean myself and wash my hair, putting in shampoo and conditioner to make it soft again.

I remember the last time I showered. It was at my university. Oh how I miss that place. After I was done blow drying my hair I grabbed my fresh undergarments and slid them on before putting on my skinny jeans and a black adidas hoodie.

I didn't bother putting on any make up as I glanced at myself in the mirror since I didn't want to impress the boys in anyway. The last thing I want is for the guys to flirt with me and harass me. So I should just go for the natural look. I don't need make up anyways.

I brushed my hair one last time before I turned off the heater and unlocked the bathroom door. I grabbed my dirty clothes and brought them with me to Styles' room as I had my wet towel draped over my other arm. I walked into his bedroom before setting my stuff in the hamper and leaving the room to go down towards the kitchen area.

I shyly walked down the hall while playing with my sleeves before I entered into the kitchen and glanced around. "Well look who finally decided to show up! You have a nice shower darling?" Niall raised an eyebrow at me as I jumped and looked to my right to see him opening up the fridge.