[Chapter 40]

Luke's POV

I tossed another beer bottle into the trash can before I approached the kitchen area. I let out a sigh as I reached for the refrigerator and peered inside to see what there was to eat. The television was on in the living room where the rest of the boys sat, listening to the news.

I grabbed a pre-made burrito from the fridge before I shut it and slowly approached the guys, wondering why they were watching the news. "Hey did you hear about the Wolves territory? Apparently some guy tried to raid the whole place and he ended up getting brutally murdered. What an idiot." I said as they all focused on the Tv.

"How did your work go?" Ashton asked, remembering that I didn't go with him and the Sabers yesterday for a business round.

"Fine. It's finished. How were the Sabers yesterday?" I asked before I took a bite of the burrito.

"Good, Harry wasn't there though." Ashton replied as I narrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean Harry wasn't there? He's their leader." I stated.

"Don't know. Must of been with his new girlfriend." He shrugged as I frowned.

"Something doesn't sit right with those two. They don't look like they belong together. Am I right? She looks way out of place." I said as Ashton nodded his head.

"Yeah there is something odd about that." He agreed.

"I have a feeling they're forcing her to be with them. Something about the look in her eyes and on her face just screams she's uncomfortable." I said as the news began talking about a missing girl.

"Could be. Or Harry wanted to change up his game and date a hot innocent chick. Don't know why he'd scare her by bringing her along to his jobs, but hey, I guess she's into bad boys." Ashton chuckled as he sipped his beer.

My eyes narrowed as the reporter began talking about a girl who had gone missing from CarryBurg College University. She was explaining how she had been missing for weeks now and they're assuming she had been kidnapped.

"If you find Payton Myers anywhere near you, please report it to the officials immediately." The reporter said as a picture of a very familiar girl appeared on the screen.

My eyes widened in shock as I approached the tv and examined the girl carefully. "Hey that looks like Harry's girlfriend." Calum pointed out as I began putting the pieces together.

"Dude, I think that is her." Michael said as I looked into the girl's eyes and immediately recognized her.

So they were lying about her. She isn't Harry's girlfriend. She's Harry's victim.
But why on earth would Harry kidnap her and expose her to all of us?

Payton's POV

I pressed my thighs tightly against each other as my left hand squeezed in between them to keep warm, while my other hand kept my head up. I was staring out the window, admiring the beauty of the earth as Harry continued to drive to a place I wasn't aware of.

We kept silent almost the whole time, just making small talk here and there. I kept my distance as I blinked outside, wondering if I would ever be able to go out again. I did show my trust didn't I? I didn't attempt to run away nor did I do any funny business to make him think I was. I remained as loyal to him as possible. That should earn me a few extra points of freedom trips.