[Chapter 19]

Payton's POV

Endless tears ran down my hot cheeks as I stared at the plain soft wall in front of me. I couldn't stop thinking about how much more I wanted in life than this. I'm young. I'm only 20 years old. I just went to college and I finally got to be close with my bestest friends.

My life finally went right for once. But now... it went to complete ruins. I saw something I shouldn't have seen, got kidnapped, held hostage, threatened every day, and dragged into this terrible wicked gang life. Not to mention, I'm stuck with five jerk faces who treat me like garbage. They make me feel worthless and pathetic. I hate them all. But most importantly I hate Styles. It's his fault I'm in this. And there's nothing more that I want than to hurt him for it. He already caused me pain and this is just the beginning. I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Suddenly the door opened, causing me to flinch and hold my breath. I heard it close and then footsteps soon replaced the silence as I felt my lips tremble. I sniffled, instantly regretting it when it grew absolutely silent.  Great. Now he knows I'm crying.

I heard Styles sigh and take off his boots before I felt the bed dip. I whimpered, scooting away when the memory of Liam hitting me came to my head. If he did it, Styles can too. They all could. First it was Louis, then Liam. Who's next? And why hasn't Styles hit me yet when he's the one always the most pissed at me?

I've never been abused before and been conscience to know about it. I've never really lived with it. It didn't affect me much when Louis punched me only because I was knocked out cold. But this time was different. I witnessed it, felt it, and knew it. I am now officially terrified of all of them. If they are ok with hitting me, I shouldn't trust them... ever.

"You tremble so much it's like freaking earthquake." Styles mumbled next to me as my heart pounded roughly against my aching chest. That didn't make me stop as I held myself tighter and felt more tears fall from my eyes.

"Are you trembling because you're cold or because you're hurt?" His voice was a bit rough as I heard him turn to me. I remained silent as I blinked at the wall. He sighed again before I saw his shadow move his hair back.

"Jesus Payton. Come on. Stop crying." He said as he grabbed my arm but I whimpered and sat up, scooting away from him. He looked at me with wide eyes before he frowned.

Tears were streaming down my face as I looked at him in the eyes. "Are you happy now?" My voice was shaky and hurt as I looked at him. My nose was congested from all the crying and my eyes felt heavy.

I began to shake again as he just stared at me with those emotionless eyes. Typical.

"Yeah... nice punishment. You guys hit girls to make them feel even more worthless and pathetic then they already are." I said as I narrowed my eyebrows and felt my heart ache. I sniffled again as I just stared at him madly, figuring out how I wanted to torture him in the future.

It grew silent after that. We just sat there, staring at each other without moving or speaking another word. I had a look of hurt and anger whereas he just looked calm, not amused or unamused. 

As soon as I sniffled again, the most unexpecting thing happened. He leaned in quickly and lifted up his hand, brushing his thumb ever so gently against my cheek. I was in pure shock as I held in my breath and felt his skin brush against mine, stealing the tears away from my face.

I didn't know what to do but just sit there and clench onto the sheets while I looked into his eyes. Was this even happening right now? Was he actually being gentle for the first time? Let alone wiping away my tears?