[Chapter 35]

Payton's POV

I spent about a good hour being all cooped up in Harry's room after what happened between us. I could tell we both needed space to clear our minds and rethink our decisions and feelings. What we did was a mistake. It should of never happened. A captor and their victim should never have intimacy between each other. There should be no feelings whatsoever.

But then why did he do it? Why did I do it? Why didn't we stop? Why did we keep going for more? Were we that lonely? That desperate for human affection? Were we that deprived? Was I starting my period or something and my hormones were just off the charts?! I needed an explanation.

As much as I didn't want to see or talk to him at all, I wanted to check up on him to make sure he was okay. Last I saw he was busing himself with a large bottle of liquor. And that never really ends well.

I fixed my shorts and shirt after I got out of bed before I slowly approached the door. I opened it quietly before I peeked my head out, checking if I could see or hear him. Once the close was clear I tip toed down the hall and slowly approached the kitchen.

I looked around to notice he wasn't in sight before I turned my head towards the living room. My eyes widened once I saw him sitting on the couch all slouched with a half drunken bottle in his hand. He looked miserable as he stared at the white wall with no emotion, being as still as the furniture he was on.

"Harry?" I called out softly as I slowly made my way towards him. He didn't look at me as I carefully walked over towards the couch, being cautious of what could possibly happen.

"Are you alright?" I asked before he turned his head  towards me with uninterested eyes.

"Why do you care?" He slurred. Oh god, he's drunk.

"Harry you don't look too good, maybe you should lay down." I suggested as I tried to grab the bottle from his hand.

"No." He grumped as he pulled the bottle away from me and stood up.

My eyes expanded as I stepped back, afraid of what he'd do as he stumbled on his feet.

"Harry, maybe you should stop drinking yeah?" I asked as I looked up at him with worry.

"And maybe you should just go home. Because that's what you want. Huh princess?" He slurred as he pointed a finger at me.

I blinked back at him as I tried to not take offense from his drunken state.

"Well.....yeah." I admitted before he chuckled and walked away.

"Then go, just leave." He said as he made his way towards the kitchen.

"I don't think I should leave you like this." I replied as I looked over at him.

"Just get out of here Payton! The door is right there for you! If you want it so bad, go ahead and get it." He suddenly raised his voice as I flinched.

"You're letting me go?" I gasped before he angrily turned around.

"Yes, isn't that what you've always wanted? To be free?" He asked as I swallowed hard.

"Yes." I nodded my head before he smashed the bottle against the fridge, making it break into a bunch of pieces.

I flinched as I watched him angrily run his hands through his hair while he breathed heavily.

"Then go! If you don't care go!" He yelled as I took a step back.

"Harry I don't think you're thinking correctly." I shook my head as he peered up at me.