[Chapter 52]

Payton's POV

"What can I get you all started with? Any appetizers? Drinks?" The waiter suddenly came and approached us as Luke cleared his throat and shifted in his seat.

"I'll get the thousand island." Luke said before he wrapped his arm around the couch and looked over at me.

"Get whatever you desire my darling. Tonight is your night." Luke grinned as I felt my heart slightly race.

Technically, I'm not 21 yet, I can't really drink. Although I did with my girls, I just didn't feel comfortable doing it with Luke. It felt wrong drinking with a bunch of gang members.

"I'll just umm get a water." I said shyly before I heard his friends chuckle.

"Sweetheart. Don't be shy. Although it's cute when you're all innocent, you can get whatever drink you want." Luke grinned as he scooted closer, bringing his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm technically not 21 yet." I whispered to him as his eyes sparkled.

"Don't worry about that sweetheart. I won't tell." He smiled as chills ran down my spine.

"Here, get this one. You'll like it." Luke said as he pointed to a drink called "Call me cutie."

I almost laughed at the name before I ordered it for myself. As the other guys started ordering their drinks, I felt Luke's eyes on me.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked as I looked over at him.

"It's just.... the name of the drink... I don't know it's funny." I said, pressing my fingers to my lips to stop myself from giggling.

"You're adorable Payton. No wonder Harry kept you for so long." Luke grinned as his eyes slowly looked at my outfit.

I then gave him a look, wondering if he should of said that or not before he quickly pulled himself back together.

"Oh I'm sorry... I probably should stop mentioning that. I don't want to remind you of him." He apologized as I shook my head.

"Don't worry. I'm completely fine. I can handle it." I smiled as I waved it off.

"Well.... now that you got your life back, what do you plan on doing?" He asked before our drinks suddenly appeared.

"Thank you." I smiled at the waiter as Luke handed me my drink.

I looked down at the glass and noticed the colors we're pink and white, causing my eyes to widen with interest.

"Well... um... I'm in college to be a hair stylist. And I'm also studying art, in case I want to be an artist later on." I answered as he looked at me intently.

"Oh really? Is that what you really want to be? Out of everything?" He asked as I looked down.

"Well.... I mean... I'd like to do more... like be a veterinarian or something extremely helpful.... but I guess I didn't believe in myself enough to take the classes.. plus, they were extremely expensive." I said as I looked down at my lap.

"Well why don't you do it now?" Luke asked as I looked up at him.

"Well... I kinda can't.... I didn't have enough money for that. But it's okay. I've always loved hair styling." I shrugged towards the end before I took a sip of the drink.

I almost spit it back out due to how strong it was, but I had to keep it cool so I swallowed it down quickly.

"Well you can do it now, I'll just transfer some money into your bank no problem." Luke offered as I widened my eyes at him.