[Chapter 38]

Payton's POV

I dug through my clothes and decided to wear a black floral dress that went slightly above my knees along with a brown thick cardigan to keep me warm. I slipped on my black vans before I fixed my hair and touched up my appearance. I wasn't trying to impress Harry in any way, but I missed the excitement of getting all dolled up when I would go outdoors. It's just something I've always done.

I was changing in the bathroom while Harry was busing himself in his room. I pulled out my make up bag and applied mascara to my eyelashes before adding on clear lipgloss. I had no idea where I was going, and I wasn't sure if it was going to be exciting at all, but I wanted to feel like myself when I go outside. I didn't want to be afraid anymore and if I was getting the chance to be outdoors, I wanted to make the best out of it.

After I was done getting ready, I gathered my old clothes and make up bag before I left the bathroom, making my way back towards Harry's room. I knocked on the door before I waited for him to respond. "It's me." I said through the door before I heard him shuffle in his room.

"Come in." He replied before I opened the door and walked in.

"I'm ready." I said before I looked up at him and noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. My eyes expanded as I accidentally dropped everything in my hands and tripped over them.

Before I could face plant into the ground, Harry leaned over and wrapped his hands around my waist and arm, keeping me balanced. I gasped before I looked at his muscular chest with embarrassment, feeling my cheeks heat instantly.

"S-sorry, uh, I didn't realize you were still changing, I should of- I shouldn't have came in." I said nervously as I tired to gather myself together. I quickly scurried out of his grip, pushing myself up with his bare stomach.

I quickly snuck a glance at his perfectly toned body before I looked away and picked up all my things in a rush. He smirked as he looked down at me while he stood there in his black ripped jeans, finding this extremely amusing.

"It's okay. I didn't realize it would stumble you." He teased as I felt my cheeks turn red. My heart began racing as I walked with my clothes and make up before setting it aside on his wardrobe.

"No, you're fine, I just- wasn't expecting that." I gushed before I kept my back facing him, hoping he'd get changed already.

He didn't say another word as we both stood in silence, making me wonder what he was up to now. I then heard him slowly approach me, causing my heart to burst as he slowly touched my wrist with his fingertips.

My eyes expanded as his fingertips trailed up my forearm and onto my upper arm, leaving me completely speechless. Thankfully my cardigan was in the way of his skin touching my own, but it didn't seem to stop the nervous butterflies from exploring my stomach.

"You can look, you don't have to shy away." Harry whispered above me as chills ran down my spine. I then slowly turned my head to the side before I faced him, keeping my eyes to the floor. His pointer finger rested under my chin before he tilted my head up, causing my eyes to meet his.

The tension between us was blowing my mind as we stood there face to face in silence, absorbing each other's body heat. "I think you look really beautiful in a dress." He commented as his eyes slowly eyed my body.

"Oh- I um, I didn't really know what to wear, so I, I just wore this." I rambled nervously as I felt him continuously look me up and down.

"You look great." He said, suddenly gripping my waist.

"You think so?" I slightly squealed as I lost my balance and almost fell to the side but Harry quickly caught me.

He chuckled as he looked down at me, finding my behavior entertaining. Why was he complimenting me? Was he flirting with me? Oh god no Harry come on get your head in the game! Don't fall for me! Don't do it!