[Chapter 18]

Payton's POV

I rubbed my sweaty palms across my tight black jeans, cursing mentally at myself for being so frightened. About ten guards surrounded the small room, glancing outside the window about every 5 seconds while clenching onto their machine guns.

These people were no joke. No smile curled to their lips, just a straight big frown on their faces. They looked focused, determined. No life was in their eyes at all. But most importantly, they looked deadly. If we made one mistake, we'd all die.

"Alright. Which one of you has the drugs?" The same intimidating man asked as he sat on his dark black chair that was much bigger than ours. We all sat on a large leather couch together across from him, me on Styles' lap as predicted.

His arms were tight around my waist, holding me close to his torso. "I do." Zayn spoke lowly, sounding absolutely unafraid from this man. I wish I had his strength.

"Well, proceed your assignment. I'd like to see them. Don't waste my time. I'm sure you're all aware of what happens when you do. I'm a very impatient man." He spoke as he stared at all of us with those scary eyes.

I gulped, rubbing my hands against my jeans again. I was so scared and I didn't know how to hold it all in.

Zayn nodded his head before pulling out a duffle bag and opening it up, making the man lean closer towards the table with interest in his amused eyes.

Zayn then leaned back as he fulfilled his purpose of showing the drugs and he folded his arms. I glanced over at Zayn before the man in front of us. He smirked as a chuckle arose from his chest and he dug his hand in the bag, pulling out an massive amount of drugs.

My eyes couldn't become more wide then they already are as I felt Styles' tighten his grip on me. I bit my lip to hold in a gasp while I saw him nod his head at the supplies in front of us.

"This was exactly what I wanted. Well done Sabers. And you're also here on time. You've upped your points on how much I like your gang. And I assume that's a good thing, considering there will be mercy shown to you all at some point?" He smiled at them as I looked down.

Styles nodded his head sharply before I stupidly looked up at the man. I flinched once I realized he was already staring at me. "That's new. I thought there was only 5 of you guys? Who's this beauty? Didn't even recognize her honestly." He chuckled as he eyed me.

He licked his lips as his eyes grazed over my chest, making me look up in disgust. "She's my girlfriend. I like to keep it on the down low." Styles said lowly as chills ran down my spine.

"Yeah? Well you made a mistake bringing her to my territory. My men would want her in a heartbeat." He smirked as he began to pack the drugs in his brief case.

"Well she's f***ing taken." Styles said in such an intimidating way that even I shook with fear. "Understood. You might want to leave now then. I'm sure the people in town already saw her. Wouldn't want to have to deal with a blood shed now would we?" He grinned, leaning back in his chair as I shifted uncomfortably.

"Right." Styles said. I could almost see his jaw being clenched. "Well, let me give you the promised money." He sighed before snapping his fingers. One of the guards moved forward with a brief case and he quickly placed it on the table.

Zayn eyes the man carefully before leaning forward to open up the case. My breath increased as he looked inside and showed everyone the amount of cash that was inside. My eyes widened at it before I gulped and looked back at the man.

"Impressive isn't it darling? All this money just for simple drugs. Stick with your boyfriend. He'll take you to freaking Hawaii if you asked. That's the perk of being in this world. We get whatever we want." He smirked as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it up.