[Chapter 44]

Payton's POV

Harry and I eventually found ourselves sitting down on a very soft couch, watching Liam, Niall, and Louis having a great time on the dance floor. I smiled as I watched them, wanting to believe that they were just normal guys having the time of their lives at a party.

"What is this I see?! I didn't invite you to just sit and be bored out of your minds! Why aren't you dancing?" Luke suddenly stood in front of us and yelled over the music as Harry and I looked up at him.

"We're just observing." Harry shrugged, keeping one arm wrapped around my waist.

"Oh come on. The Harry I know would be out there right now getting wasted and letting loose! Go out there and dance!" Luke encouraged as I nervously smiled at Harry.

"Things changed. I gotta impress my girlfriend." Harry said before Luke laughed.

"Oh right. I forgot this isn't Payton's normal crowd. How you feeling sweetheart? You need a drink?" Luke smiled as he bent down to be eye leveled with me.

"I'm good. And no thank you." I replied.

"Well, if Harry won't ask you to dance with him, would you mind if I stole you for 3 minutes?" Luke asked as I felt Harry tense up.

"Um." I quickly looked over at Harry to see him narrow his eyebrows at Luke.

"Hey don't worry I'll keep my hands to myself, I just want her to have some fun." Luke said.

"Yeah it's fine. I don't mind getting up myself." I replied as I placed my hand on Harry's thigh before looking over at him.

His grip tightened on me as he realized I made the decision myself. "It's okay. Trust me remember." I whispered in his ear before I saw how worried he looked.

I then stood up, smiling at Luke as best as I could before we made our way to the dance floor.

"I'm surprised he let you off the leash." Luke chuckled as he looked down at me.

"He's gotten better. He realizes that I won't fall for anyone else besides him. And he trusts you." I lied as he smirked.

"He's the jealous type I take it?" He questioned.

"You could say that." I shrugged.

"Well I could see why. You're not really the type he goes for. You're more... innocent.... and pure. And people like us tend to prey on that." He said as his eyes slowly raked my body.

"No one here would want me." I denied as he chuckled.

"You're quite oblivious there my dear." He smirked before he grabbed me and pulled me close.

I gasped as he wrapped his arm around my lower back before grabbing my hand with his. He began moving us to the rhythm of the beat, catching me off guard as he was holding me close against his chest.

"You don't look as uncomfortable being here at this party as you did when we first met." Luke commented as he moved.

"Yeah. I'm slowly getting use to Harry's lifestyle." I said.

"Are you okay with the type of person Harry is? You know, being a criminal and all." Luke asked, making me feel nervous.

"I mean, he's someone that can be forgiven. And he's shown me a good side of him that I think no one else has seen. So it's different between him and I." I explained as he nodded his head.

"I can see that. Well you picked a good one." He smirked.

"I know it seems weird, someone like me dating someone like him. But I guess things just happen." I said as he looked deep into my eyes.